Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be surprised if he's in ep7 :p

Also who cares what disney says?
We've been considering EU canon and that the PT isn't canon forever anyways :p

Let's be honest with ourselves. Boba Fett was a chump in 4-6. The EU made him cool. Now that the EU is not cannon, they HAVE to give us more Boba. Wether it's the rumored fett movie, or a comic of his days as a bounty hunter, or if he did in fact survive...

I'm just excited Star Wars is relevant again. So many possibilities!

It's relevant but in Disney's full control so my expectations are very low. Don't want to get my hopes up

That's already happened mate lol

I know it already happened, I'm waiting on the reposts. :lol

Let's be honest with ourselves. Boba Fett was a chump in 4-6. The EU made him cool. Now that the EU is not cannon, they HAVE to give us more Boba. Wether it's the rumored fett movie, or a comic of his days as a bounty hunter, or if he did in fact survive...

I'm just excited Star Wars is relevant again. So many possibilities!

Absolutely disagree. He may have been a chump in Ep IV for the SE, but was a great character in TESB. He was just the right amount of a imposing/mystery in a cool costume. The fact that Vader singled him out on the Star Destroyer hinted at some past run-in and, whether it was intentional or not, was very nicely done.

Do you guys think that with a EX ES of 1250 that this still adds more value to the statue in the after market but only for the EX? There may be unlimited standard versions, but 1250 of the EX so that might have a lasting value whereas the regular version won't?

Do you guys think that with a EX ES of 1250 that this still adds more value to the statue in the after market but only for the EX? There may be unlimited standard versions, but 1250 of the EX so that might have a lasting value whereas the regular version won't?

Personally, I don't believe it does. Anyone who is a Fett fan knows how out of place the exclusive is on this piece. That blaster simply doesn't belong with the ESB version, exclusive or not. Either way, he looks good and that's what matters to me.

Personally, I don't believe it does. Anyone who is a Fett fan knows how out of place the exclusive is on this piece. That blaster simply doesn't belong with the ESB version, exclusive or not. Either way, he looks good and that's what matters to me.

It isn't about the blaster though, that makes no difference to me and will probably never leave the box. But if two of these are on ebay, one of which is an EX with a limited ES, and the other is a reg which isn't collectible, you know which one will be in demand despite them both being the same statue. Even if the reg is listed as sold out at the time, the possibility more will be made in future will always remain.

It isn't about the blaster though, that makes no difference to me and will probably never leave the box. But if two of these are on ebay, one of which is an EX with a limited ES, and the other is a reg which isn't collectible, you know which one will be in demand despite them both being the same statue. Even if the reg is listed as sold out at the time, the possibility more will be made in future will always remain.

Agreed. From a strictly ES standpoint, this will hold its value better as opposed to an open edition.

It will, but if the EX is sought after it helps a lot. I think the EX will be barely worth more than the reg.

It will retain value because of the ex and es but it's a harder argument that it will have any meaningful increase in value. Maintaining value isn't good enough for em these days because of the high shipping cost and ebay/paypal fees. You would have to sell him for at least 500 plus shipping to get your money back.

I don't think you should ever expect an increase in value these days with higher ES numbers etc. I buy things because I like them ultimately, but at the very least I would hope for a collectable item to retain its value if I do ever need to sell it. I have never bought an item expecting it to gain value however.

I think they believe this is the SS definitive Fett, and thus no ES on the Reg. I have to think anyone that just wants a Fett will be able to get one for quite some time. What that will do to the EX??? But my best guess is it will suppress it. If they wanted to go that route they could have done better on the EX at least.

I think they believe this is the SS definitive Fett, and thus no ES on the Reg. I have to think anyone that just wants a Fett will be able to get one for quite some time. What that will do to the EX??? But my best guess is it will suppress it. If they wanted to go that route they could have done better on the EX at least.

With SS making the definitive ESB Fett and Hot Toys making the definative 1/4 scale ROTJ. Fett it's a pretty good time to be a Fett collector. Now wall we need is a better quality Lifesized bust

It will, but if the EX is sought after it helps a lot. I think the EX will be barely worth more than the reg.

Yes agreed. The ex is lame I can't tell the differences. The ES seems decent for a Star Wars PF. I might order this with a coupon. If I don't like it can I return it? Does SS policy say we can return PF if we just don't like them upon opening the boxes? If I buy this I sure hope it at least retains it's retail value. Hate to keep losing money on these if I need to sell to make room for new statues or whatever reasons why I want to sell.
I wonder if they will repaint this for a jango fett? I hope they make a new sculpt instead.

Yes agreed. The ex is lame I can't tell the differences. The ES seems decent for a Star Wars PF. I might order this with a coupon. If I don't like it can I return it? Does SS policy say we can return PF if we just don't like them upon opening the boxes? If I buy this I sure hope it at least retains it's retail value. Hate to keep losing money on these if I need to sell to make room for new statues or whatever reasons why I want to sell.
I wonder if they will repaint this for a jango fett? I hope they make a new sculpt instead.

Can't you just put him on a larger box to display him above everything else? Throw a stickie note on it and you're good. :monkey3

SS will let you return it for up to 2 years if you don't like it after having it displayed.

Back