Boba Fett Life-Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett Life-Size Bust

What is it about the Fett helmet that gives Sideshow so many problems?

I think the problem is that Boba's helmet is a pretty intricate design overall, from the way from the way the battle damage is painted, right down to the tiniest detail of something like, say, "the pinch" and SW fans have the most sharpest eyes for detail so while this may be fine for the casual fan, every detail can be easily torn apart from someone with a trained eye(which is what we're seeing in this thread).

Hmm...so the paint job on these are poorly done? Nothing screen accurate?

I think the problem is that Boba's helmet is a pretty intricate design overall, from the way from the way the battle damage is painted, right down to the tiniest detail of something like, say, "the pinch" and SW fans have the most sharpest eyes for detail so while this may be fine for the casual fan, every detail can be easily torn apart from someone with a trained eye(which is what we're seeing in this thread).

i don't know of any "casual fans" in the market for an $800 bust and the pinch is hardly what i would call "the tiniest detail".

I agree, the pinch is not a minor detail. The paint job, well that could be redone by the purchasee. Nothing can be done about the pinch. I don't think the pinch was a deal breaker on the prototype. But the pinch looked worse on the version they brought to SDCC from the pix and videos I saw of it. I wish I could see a production piece before buying, but I don't know where I'd be able to do that. I'm hoping they will post pix of the final product online prior to shipping. If the pinch is as bad as the SDCC version, I'll return mine. Again, while not perfect, I was happy with the prototype, so here's hoping the final product will be as good as that or better where the pinch is concerned: )

Well Frak me, check this out...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/instructions/400026.pdf
This looks like a production piece, in the assembly instructions with loads of new pix. And the pinch appears to be gone, or at least not nearly as bad as the SDCC version. Check it out and post your thoughts. There is no clear straight on shot, but from the shots posted, it does look WAY better than SDCC.

I guess they did, because I had not seen it previously. Surely that is a production piece, given the light up chest assembly. Looks quite nice. I'll be very happy with it if it ships looking that good.

Props to the instruction model for getting her nails did before the shoot!

Ok, I emailed Brant directly and he quashed all of my fears about this piece. I am glad it looks as awesome as it does in those pics. I have never bought anything this expensive and I am very pumped for this LSB now! Thanks again to Brant for being understanding and answering all my questions.

Ah ok, thanks IrishJedi. Let's hope we get the cut and paste of what he said.

Yeah, Deak. Can you share what he told you? :D

Sure, I think he'd be cool with it.

Brant is "The Man" at Sideshow... Operations Manager.

Yes he is...ok here is what he emailed me back after I was all like "Say it isn't so Brant!"

"Nick,

Sincere thanks for your e-mail, and sincere apologies for the delayed reply.

The piece on display at SDCC was a pre-production sample, which did indeed warp a bit. This week we’ve received a final production sample. The ‘pinch’ will not be present in the final product. I’ve reviewed the casting production first-hand approximately three weeks ago, and feel confident in saying that the casting quality is excellent.

The color of the product has been adjusted at Lucasfilm’s request to more accurately reflect the ESB coloration of Fett, although the image that you sent is very washed out. Did you see the piece live at the show, or only in photos?

We’ll be updating the online gallery again prior to the item’s shipment, so that you can make a fully informed decision about the product.

Sincere thanks for your e-mail, and I hope that this eases your concerns!

Brant"

So yeah, Brant is cool as ____. If you're reading this, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

No problem, I just don't want to short change this awesome piece. So much negativity on the board of late, I figured this would be a nice change of pace. :duff

Back