Blu-ray Avatar collectors edition (UK version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if theirs already a thread on this somewhere. Just found out about this today. Apparently the UK got a limited edition run blu-ray box set which comes with a hardcover book, film cell and art box with metal plaque sporting the edition size of 1000. Was this ONLY available in the UK and does anyone know if anything like it will be coming to north america? I got the collectors edition here in Canada today at my door from Amazon. I must say the box work on it is much more impressive than the plastic UK version. However, the UK version comes with much more goodies ie: (film cell signed by James cameron). Why didnt they release something like the UK version in north america? Or maybe they will be doing something like that for the 3D box set coming out next year :dunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHCWk4xNk8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Chris

Ya looks almost identical except that one doesnt look like its a numbered edition like the UK one. If OZ turns out to be a numbered edition also I may just get my sister to pick one up for me...she gos to school in australia.

Chris

I've realised that the cost in UK for the collector's edition, which is numbered, is around 80-90 pounds which is roughly $130 Australian. Seems as though we're getting a good deal over here seeing that we can grab it for around $70aus. Could it be the fact that it is not numbered mean that we are getting it cheaper out here? :dunno

I havent been able to find if the UK version is 1000 units world wide...or 1000 units only for the UK? I would bet its only 1000 units made for the UK.

Chris

Back