Blitzway - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - 1/6 scale Bill & Ted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for a reply from Sideshow. Another friend told me his also split and he contacted Sideshow and they said "oh its been more than 30 days. Sorry!" Do you just keep emailing them until they agree to send replacement arms if that happens?

Got a reply from BBTS, since it's over 90 days they won't do anything.

Last edited:
C3CABFBE-DFC0-470D-B436-A85289E62297.jpeg

Alright. Bodies replaced. I guess only boring poses now.

Also both figures had the the jacket tied behind the waist and the cd wasn’t in the normal compartment so definitely someone’s return.

They thankfully replaced mine, but mine were split within days of me receiving them. This is an issue Blitzway really should be addressing for people who bought these, but that is highly unlikely.
if they did not improve it the same issue will arise. suggest you test some rubber protection solutions on the broken ones to see if they help.

Got mine from Sideshow. Didn’t come in Blitzway‘s shipper and arms were torn on both figures.

Also both figures had the the jacket tied behind the waist and the cd wasn’t in the normal compartment so definitely someone’s return.

No ******* way. What was Sideshow's response to that? I can't imagine there's much of any way to save face on that. They can't possibly tell you they don't send out used figures after you got that. I shouldn't be surprised at this point with them, yet here I am. That's stooping to a new low.

Got this email:

“Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that your pieces arrived with some damage.

Sideshow makes every effort to ensure all items we ship are delivered as safely and efficiently as possible. Distressed items are sometimes offered via charity auctions, but products sold and shipped directly by Sideshow are shipped as received from the manufacturer. All collectibles undergo a rigorous quality inspection process prior to arriving at our facility, and for quality assurance purposes some collectibles are also opened and inspected by our on-site quality control team.

Additionally, please know that with figures such as this, some extra care is necessary in order to maintain the integrity of the skin-like components of this piece. It is recommended that the figures not be left in a dynamic pose for too long a period of time, as a museum pose will help ensure the longevity of the piece. It is also important to display the piece in a temperature-controlled environment, away from any extreme temperatures (hot or cold), excess humidity, or sunlight.

Per your request, I have created order, #, to replace your Bill & Ted Bodies. This replacement will ship to the address from your original order once it has been inspected in the next 7-10 business days. Please know that there is no need to return the original damaged pieces.”

So either they opened it to inspect it or accused me of damaging the figure but it was never a returned item according the them. Basically you need to get a figure or statue from them in the first batch to guarantee it’s not a return.

Sideshow has been proven to have repurposed returns many many times over the years, but has never officially admitted to doing so, so yeah, such a reply is not really a surprise. It's a pain in the ass of a situation, but least you are getting replacements, so there's that at least.

Sideshow has been proven to have repurposed returns many many times over the years, but has never officially admitted to doing so, so yeah, such a reply is not really a surprise. It's a pain in the ass of a situation, but least you are getting replacements, so there's that at least.
computer makers do the same especially laptops. they will still sell it as new. same goes for walmart etc. but usually they do a bad job so it's noticeable.

They sent me just new bodies while a friend who had the same issue got bodies with heads. Pretty weird.

This has to be one of the worst (fastest and most widespread) cases of rubber deterioration/failure in 1/6 history.

I had an issue with the shoulder on mine (the rubber on the right shoulder wasn't properly seated - "popped out" - from the hard shoulder joint underneath) but fortunately I never did do a more sharp elbow bend other than to try it out a couple of times.

My guess is this problem is so bad the arms will deteriorate anyway within the next year, regardless of pose. Some issue with the mix of plastic/silicone.

I was leery of these arms to begin with because I recalled a lot of issues with rapid tearing seamless elbows on thinner bodies like females years ago.

It's unbelievable that not only have they not fixed this issue all these years later, but it's actually worse - these failed way faster than female bodies from 5-7 years did.

Also my replacement bodies didn’t have the jackets. Saw a post on FB where someone got a full Bill replaced.

TailBane makes you think them
Just sitting there will deteriorate like HT ED209 robocop robot. I had some cursory interest in these, but at 4 bills with these issues…

Back