Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's definitely a loss in detail, but I'm fairly sure there are some sharpening effects going on in the prototype closeup pics. It might be slight, but it's there.

And I don't think it's a stretch for me to think this.

Either way, I'm feeling confident about this figure. Especially after this closeup photo and Clipper King's review.

U only have to look at these pics of the proto at the NYCC for your question to be answered.

View attachment 298297
View attachment 298298
View attachment 298299

Last edited:
U only have to look at these pics of the proto at the NYCC for your question to be answered.

View attachment 298297
View attachment 298298
View attachment 298299

Those Hi Res photos from NYCC are great. You can see all the detail. Definitely more detailed than the final production figure.

At the same time, to me it looks slightly softer than the prototype pics released by Blitzway (attached below). Can only mean the blitzway photos were photoshopped. It's very slight, but you can see that there were sharpening effects added to enhance the detail that's already there.

durden00.jpg
durden.jpg

you guys comparing a semi-pro photograph taken with semi-pro camera & lens versus some potato camera?

of course the semi-pro photo will be able to capture more details.

you guys comparing a semi-pro photograph taken with semi-pro camera & lens versus some potato camera?

of course the semi-pro photo will be able to capture more details.

Yes, but it's not a far stretch for me to assume some photoshop sharpening effects were applied to the official Blitzway photos.

Yes, but it's not a far stretch for me to assume some photoshop sharpening effects were applied to the official Blitzway photos.

depends whether the photo is NYCC photo by journalist or official Blitzway promo pics.

but it's obvious good camera setup, lighting & photography skills can make the details more prominent. just the focus & aperture alone would determine how sharp the small details shown on the photos.

Well they did something to make the proto look better than it actually does.

depends whether the photo is NYCC photo by journalist or official Blitzway promo pics.

but it's obvious good camera setup, lighting & photography skills can make the details more prominent. just the focus & aperture alone would determine how sharp the small details shown on the photos.

If you have watched KA Kim's video, the proto sculpt does not look nearly defined as the sculpt on the website.

Here is a snap shot from KA Kim's video of the sculpt.

Although the head shape looks different to the product, the sculpt does not look very defined here.

It may not be photoshopp but they are use lighting techniques such as shadows to give the sculpt a more chiseled look as the jaw line looks sharper here. Whereas in the pic from the video, it looks smoother and rounder.

Last edited:

If you have watched KA Kim's video, the proto sculpt does not look nearly defined as the sculpt on the website.

Although the head shape looks different to the product, the sculpt does not look very defined here.

It may not be photoshopp but they are use lighting techniques such as shadows to give the sculpt a more chiseled look as the jaw line looks sharper here. Whereas in the pic from the video, it looks smoother and rounder.

Thank you! :)

This is what I've been trying to say. However, I do think it's a bit of photoshop. But to your point yes, combined with good lighting and potatos point, pro camera. I guess all that's in question is how far they went with each of those.

Understand some lens tend to be wider (zoom lens) or more accurate (fixed focal) which would alter the shape of the object slightly, and most video recorder tend to have zoom lens.

Thank you! :)

Your welcome bro. :wink1:

This is what I've been trying to say. However, I do think it's a bit of photoshop. But to your point yes, combined with good lighting and potatos point, pro camera. I guess all that's in question is how far they went with each of those.

IMO they did something like photoshop the protos but not everyone would agree.

Understand some lens tend to be wider (zoom lens) or more accurate (fixed focal) which would alter the shape of the object slightly, and most video recorder tend to have zoom lens.

I understand that, which is why some of the product sculpts look long and skinnier than they actually are in certain pictures because of Len's distortion. That being said, the head shape on the product sculpts still appear different to the protos but still look good and it's obvious that it is Brad Pitt.

Going back to the "photoshop" proto argument, it's obvious to me they used shadows to give the jaw line a more chiseled look in the pic I posted from Blitzways website.

Last edited:
Oh well... There isn't another Tyler figure out there better than this. So, must enjoy this

I took those photos at NYCC, and Im definitely not a "potato" photographer nor is my Nikon full frame a "potato" camera.

havnt checked this thread in awhile, still holding out hope there is at least a slight bump in QC for the international shipments

I took those photos at NYCC, and Im definitely not a "potato" photographer nor is my Nikon full frame a "potato" camera.

havnt checked this thread in awhile, still holding out hope there is at least a slight bump in QC for the international shipments

well no one said you were.

Back