Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stuck a bit of felt across the top of the alice pack in order for it to protrude away from their necks more. In the film they have pipe insulation foam around the top bar, cant find anything to scale. I must admit I treated these figures with kid gloves when I first got them, almost as if they would fall apart in my hands, but in reality they are really quite sturdy. The belts are really easy to loosen and tighten. Along with the a-frame straps. The metal is very malleable. A word of advice. Remove the proton pack from the alice frame when futzing. It was actually a smart move by Blitzway to enable you to remove the entire cyclotron unit and wand from the alice frame. Once you have tightened the frame to the body and adjusted everything else. You just clip the cyclotron unit back on, less risk of breakages. These have been by far my favourite figures to tailor and futz. There's so much to them and little differences in how the characters wear their uniforms in the film that you can replicate. Also...metal tweezers are your best friend! Great for adjusting straps and removing unwanted monobrow hair ;)

That's pretty much what I did also, sans removing the cyclotron unit from the A-frame.

The figures definitely need to be handled with care, but I don't think they're as fragile as what they were initially made out to be by many. It was actually quite easy to futz their suits and take the belts off and loosen them up a bit (they look better after you loosen them up I think) using metal tweezers, as well as rearrange the placement of the accessories on them to be more film accurate. Easy to futz the catheter hoses as well. Once I had everything the way I wanted it, the packs were the last things I put on. I didn't really do any adjusting with the A-frame straps because they didn't really need it.

Whenever making adjustments to them after you have already put the packs on, I would either take the packs off first or just simply lay down something soft next to the figure because the wand tends to go flying off with the slightest nudge to the pack. Take the pack off to avoid this all together, or lay down something soft so the wand at least has a soft landing should it go flying off.

I finally got the courage tonight to put the a-frame waist straps together. Got rays in. Egons however, well, one clip almost broke off. But I got it in, secure. I think someone should make some of these for spares. Because there is no way you will be able to unclip them now without breaking. It's strange but in the prototypes they didn't have the plastic buckle, but the metal buckle as on the a-frame straps.

Hey man can't find the quote but in reply to your question about sending the pack back or destroying it answer is - NO
It's only the proton pack with NO frame.

That is super surprising, they sent it direct to you?

That’s good service thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a test print to make sure my math was correct, and it was going to fold properly. Just printed on standard paper. I'll print the finished ones on semi-gloss card stock. Inside of the box will be the proper cardboard brown. Forgive the second pic. I turned on my desk lamp before I took it, and it washed the exposure out a bit.

wUdKsZK.jpg

9g8W9WQ.jpg

9w84a49.jpg

I can't believe how sick this is.

You've even created parts that will never be seen, folds, etc.

I love this stuff. GB is my favorite movie since way back when.

I have a nice display of screen used items and props, Beckman, Jordan radiacmeter, all the gadgets, etc. I'll put pics up soon. They are part of my mancave with a 300 inch IMAX 3D projection system which enables 3D wallgaming. Running GB:TVG on that really makes you feel as if you are -in- the third movie with 3D depth, if you set eye heights right according to your height. I'll post some pics soon.

I love 1:1 props on display more than say posters or memorabilia, etc. Props (even in miniature) give you a sense of the era or broader context than just a figure.

That's why the Ghostbusters sign, Atlantic magazine, OMNI magazine, little props with the Blitzway figure really set them apart. But you creating further props like this really completes it.

Will you offer these for sale?

I think in terms of non-paper props what this line could use is these:

1. A miniature Beckman HD 110 to go with the neutrona wand. (Chinese food scene GB1)
2. A miniature Pyrex 2000ml griffin beaker filled with pink glowing slime. They still make these believe it or not (courtroom scene GB2)
3. A correct shortbody MT500 for Venkman (Blitzway made the wrong long body version)
4. A Radioshack sound level meter.
5. A BK Precision 1476A oscilloscope (Dana interview / Cheez-It scene)
6. 250ml round plastic container and lid filled with clear slightly yellow green slime (GB1 library "Egon, your mucus" scene)
7. Chinese food and '84 Budweiser cans.

0. Jordan Electronics radiacmeter in the right color. The version with Egon is silver but the real unit is just gray.
0. A PKE meter with lights (perhaps using the same technology as the magnetic lightsabre 1/6 figures.

PS: This 1980's Cheez-IT box recently sold on Ebay for $30, maybe it helps you

Edit: whoops, no, yours is the correct one. This must be one of the smaller boxes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I think in terms of non-paper props what this line could use is these:

1. A miniature Beckman HD 110 to go with the neutrona wand. (Chinese food scene GB1)
2. A miniature Pyrex 2000ml griffin beaker filled with pink glowing slime. They still make these believe it or not (courtroom scene GB2)
3. A correct shortbody MT500 for Venkman (Blitzway made the wrong long body version)
4. A Radioshack sound level meter.
5. A BK Precision 1476A oscilloscope (Dana interview / Cheez-It scene)
6. 250ml round plastic container and lid filled with clear slightly yellow green slime (GB1 library "Egon, your mucus" scene)
7. Chinese food and '84 Budweiser cans.

0. Jordan Electronics radiacmeter in the right color. The version with Egon is silver but the real unit is just gray.
0. A PKE meter with lights (perhaps using the same technology as the magnetic lightsabre 1/6 figures.

PS: This 198Will you offer t0's Cheez-IT box recently sold on Ebay for $30, maybe it helps you

Edit: whoops, no, yours is the correct one. This must be one of the smaller boxes.

1. Maybe. I'd want to make one of these, since it's seen amongst Egon's stuff in a few scenes, and some BTS stuff where he uses it to work on a ghost trap.
2. This one is on my list. Not high on the list, but on there.
3. This one's easy. I don't really display my guys with the radios, but if there's interest it would be an easy fix. I was also thinking of making the radios and flashlights they have on the ALICE straps in TVG.
4. Definitely on the list. My list is Egon leaning, since he's my fave, so if it's an Egon accessory it's higher priority on my list.
5. This one would be fairly simple, but I'm afraid to start making "set piece" items from the firehouse, because then it'll never end. I just don't have the space to build a whole 1/6 firehouse (or even just a second floor diorama.)
6. That one would probably be easy, but not high on the list.
7. Maybe, but not a priority.
8. Already planning to repaint mine once I get the belt holster for it done. And...
9. I'm not gonna worry about lights on the PKE, but I'm definitely gonna repaint the wings the proper silver they should be.

In addition to your list, things I have planned:

Trap holsters (both generic and Venkman style) which I've already done, holsters for Egon's Rad Meter and PKE, Egon's stethescope from the opening of GB (later "appeared" in a GBII deleted scene), Life Gard IIs (both yellow from the movie and grey from the Rolling Stone shoot), Pete and Ray's flashlight holsters (Pete is seen with the holster in the film, and both are seen with it in BTS photos) and some GBII trap mods.

Basically, a bunch of stuff most people aren't going to care about, but it's fun to make the stuff. Trying to think of things more people would be interested in or could get some use out of, like the trap holsters, so I can move that stuff to the front of the queue.

RE: 80s Cheez-It boxes: Yeah. I saw that box. The one Egon had in the movie was a bit of unique piece (as was the Crunch Bar with the contest graphic.) It was something very unique to that point in time as I believe it was around that time they were transitioning box designs. I think that was also around the same time the "One Pound Size" boxes debuted (80s excess). The older boxes had yellow sides and yellow top flaps like the one you posted. They were moving toward the red sides/red flaps design, but the bigger box landed somewhere in the middle. A large portion of what I made is based on the later larger size boxes, since the majority of the box didn't change over time. Several details on Egon's box were changed on later boxes, so I had to "back date" it. The top flaps I had to create using just what you see on film, and two BTS pics. Likewise, with the "One Pound Size" graphic. Later boxes had the one pound size text written in subtle text in the bottom left hand corner. This particular box was one of the first to be bigger so there was a graphic to catch your eye and advertise it.

These repainted Venkman heads all look so much slimmer than stock.

Nice work! Eyebrows make a big difference.

Alice, would you be able to manufacture replacement plastic buckle for the a-frame waist belt. Not sure if you have the facility's to do it, but I know many who's buckles snapped. The male part of the buckle that is. ;)

I just pulled the trigger on a Ray and Egon for a good price from a UK seller.

I haven't spent this much money in an age. Someone re assure me as a life long Ghostbusters fan since I was 4 I have done the right thing.

Did a test print to make sure my math was correct, and it was going to fold properly. Just printed on standard paper. I'll print the finished ones on semi-gloss card stock. Inside of the box will be the proper cardboard brown. Forgive the second pic. I turned on my desk lamp before I took it, and it washed the exposure out a bit.

wUdKsZK.jpg

9g8W9WQ.jpg

9w84a49.jpg

You never cease to amaze.

The pictures of the amazing displays and brilliant customizations are great - but these figures just have so much personality, they were meant to tell stories and be posed! In that spirit, here are a few more action shots!

ghostbusters_knights_in_translucent_armor_by_thedollknight-dc2j9f9.jpg

Knights in Translucent Armor

ghostbusters_under_the_streets_by_thedollknight-dc2j9fj.jpg

Under the Streets

ghostbusters_science_as_some_kind_of_dodge_by_thedollknight-dc2j9ft.jpg

Science as Some Kind of Dodge

ghostbusters_all_wrapped_up_by_thedollknight-dc2j9g8.jpg

All Wrapped Up

ghostbusters_love_hate_relationship_by_thedollknight-dc2j9gm.jpg

Love – Hate Relationship

ghostbusters_science_and_religion_by_thedollknight-dc2j9gx.jpg

Science and Religion

ghostbusters_that_s_a_big_twinkie_by_thedollknight-dc2j9hr.jpg

That’s a Big Twinkie

ghostbusters_anything_but_sleepy_by_thedollknight-dc2j9hx.jpg

Anything but Sleepy

ghostbusters_franchising_by_thedollknight-dc2j9i7.jpg

Franchising

A special thank-you to Alice for the idea of making the little Nestle Crunch bar - it really adds a lot to Egon!

All of my other pictures of the Blitzway Ghostbusters can be found here: https://thedollknight.deviantart.com/gallery/65012826/Ghostbusters

I just pulled the trigger on a Ray and Egon for a good price from a UK seller.

I haven't spent this much money in an age. Someone re assure me as a life long Ghostbusters fan since I was 4 I have done the right thing.

As long as you can afford it, you have bought the best available. If your kids are going hungry, then no.

wUdKsZK.jpg

9g8W9WQ.jpg

9w84a49.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Cheez-its today are vastly inferior to Cheez-its of the past? I used to love these but sometime in the 90's they started to taste like the cardboard box they came in.

Back