Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness was always there. The paint app was just slightly off. Without question a superb sculpt by Blitzway. I really hope they do a Slime blower Winston sometime in the future though. Doubtful...But who knows. These companies do like to throw out a few curve balls and surprises from time to time.

I just received Venkman and have another two coming next week.

Good: awesome having GB on the shelves and Venkman looks better in hand (face still too chubby imo).

Bad: Parts of the figure feels cheap and it is very delicate piece. While snapping buckle on proton pack it broke off ...made it work but seriously. snapping buckles is standard expectations with 1/6 so not like I’m new at it. The stand is meh....

Overall still looking forward to getting the other two...

I love this idea!! Where on Earth did you find reference picturesfor those years?

Several places. YouTube videos, collectors' images, some extrapolations from other wrappers from the same eras and some plain old memory.

Been working on the Cheez-It box with what little reference I have. It's only in two scenes (Dana's appearance at the fire house and Louis'/Vinz Clortho's appearance at the fire house.) Both scenes are enough to help me piece together the majority of the box (sides, top, bottom, back). Two behind the scenes photos give me a decent idea of the front. However, the BTS shots are pretty blurry when blown up for detail, but I think I've managed to recreate it with 99% accuracy. Still have a couple of tweaks before printing.

I'll be making a sealed box, an open box with Cheez-Its inside as well as the hand set and some loose Cheez-Its.

iUzesrj.jpg

Several places. YouTube videos, collectors' images, some extrapolations from other wrappers from the same eras and some plain old memory.

Been working on the Cheez-It box with what little reference I have. It's only in two scenes (Dana's appearance at the fire house and Louis'/Vinz Clortho's appearance at the fire house.) Both scenes are enough to help me piece together the majority of the box (sides, top, bottom, back). Two behind the scenes photos give me a decent idea of the front. However, the BTS shots are pretty blurry when blown up for detail, but I think I've managed to recreate it with 99% accuracy. Still have a couple of tweaks before printing.

I'll be making a sealed box, an open box with Cheez-Its inside as well as the hand set and some loose Cheez-Its.

iUzesrj.jpg

wow- so great!

iUzesrj.jpg

I think the only thing left you need to do is a twinkie.

Spent a nice relaxing few hours today futzing the heck out of Ray and Egon. Got the packs nice and tight to their backs, took the belts off and reconfigured them to the hotel scene. Lowered rays slightly, popped Egons collar. Only thing I haven't done is attach the waist belt for the packs, heard too many stories of them breaking.

DSC07080.jpg
DSC07097.jpg
DSC07103.jpg

I'm sorting out getting some custom bases made from a user on here. For now it's t-800 bases all the way lol.

Spent a nice relaxing few hours today futzing the heck out of Ray and Egon. Got the packs nice and tight to their backs, took the belts off and reconfigured them to the hotel scene. Lowered rays slightly, popped Egons collar. Only thing I haven't done is attach the waist belt for the packs, heard too many stories of them breaking.

View attachment 391606
View attachment 391607
View attachment 391608
Very cool how yo managed to attach thw wand to the belt. I was thinking how to do it.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Obviously its not sitting how it sits in the film, but its close enough, using the bits and pieces blitzway give you.

That’s some nice futzing there. Great work, they look good! :clap

I wish SS would release their figures. The packs look more accurate and the buckles more sturdy.

I stuck a bit of felt across the top of the alice pack in order for it to protrude away from their necks more. In the film they have pipe insulation foam around the top bar, cant find anything to scale. I must admit I treated these figures with kid gloves when I first got them, almost as if they would fall apart in my hands, but in reality they are really quite sturdy. The belts are really easy to loosen and tighten. Along with the a-frame straps. The metal is very malleable. A word of advice. Remove the proton pack from the alice frame when futzing. It was actually a smart move by Blitzway to enable you to remove the entire cyclotron unit and wand from the alice frame. Once you have tightened the frame to the body and adjusted everything else. You just clip the cyclotron unit back on, less risk of breakages. These have been by far my favourite figures to tailor and futz. There's so much to them and little differences in how the characters wear their uniforms in the film that you can replicate. Also...metal tweezers are your best friend! Great for adjusting straps and removing unwanted monobrow hair ;)

Did a test print to make sure my math was correct, and it was going to fold properly. Just printed on standard paper. I'll print the finished ones on semi-gloss card stock. Inside of the box will be the proper cardboard brown. Forgive the second pic. I turned on my desk lamp before I took it, and it washed the exposure out a bit.

wUdKsZK.jpg

9g8W9WQ.jpg

9w84a49.jpg

Back