Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Egon Spengler is a 10 out of 10. That’s Harold Ramis shrunk down.

I’d give Venkman and Stantz both a 9 out of 10. They’re just slightly off from being perfect but there’s no doubt you’re looking at Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd.

Egon Spengler is a 10 out of 10. That’s Harold Ramis shrunk down.

I’d give Venkman and Stantz both a 9 out of 10. They’re just slightly off from being perfect but there’s no doubt you’re looking at Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd.

Oh I'd say Ray is the best of the bunch bit yes Egon is just about perfect

I used to think Ray was as well, but after looking at them more and more while on the shelf, I think I have to agree that Egon actually is. Ray is still a close second though. Winston third, and Venkman actually fourth now.

Thanks to those that recommended I take off all the accessories and clothes! It was actually pretty easy to do and nothing felt overly fragile taking off. It really helps with better adjustment of the outfit and the accessories. And I was able to check the joints where some were overly tight and was able to gently loosen them to rotate properly.

Still havent tried attaching the proton packs yet, which will be the most fragile I think. But so far so good!

20180131_225827b.jpg

I went from pre-ordering Peter originally back in the summer of 2016. Had that pre-order cancelled due to the supplier in September 2017 ( Worked out for the best actually as was not keen on the production sculpt). To buying Ray end of 2017, and now buying Egon. I'm happy to have just those two. I just cant justify another 500 pound on 1/6 figures. In my defence, I hadn't bought a 1/6 scale figure since the release of ANH Chewbacca which was what, 3 years ago?

Here's how I have mine displayed ... Egon checking out Terror Dogs (I agree that he's the best with Ray a close second). Ray offside casually noticing Stay Puft. Peter and Winston saying WTF.

For fun I've also included a picture of my Librarian Ghost (Dr. Who dead looking old lady figure, Mattel Library Ghost, and then finally Diamond Select Librarian Ghost). I think it makes for a pretty decent transformation display. I may move that into a cabinet to help avoid dust! There's room with the larger Hotwheels Ecto.
GB1.jpg
GB2.jpg
GB3.jpg

Damn...tried to fix something with the images and it turned out weird. Sorry about that guys!

Attachments

• GB1.jpg
    GB1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 197
  • GB2.jpg
    GB2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 197
  • GB3.jpg
    GB3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 197
Finally fixed my printer, and got these done. Nestle Crunch Bars. 1983 (GB), 1988 (GBII) and 1991 (GB:TVG). Had to tweak the '83 one to make it screen accurate, since there was a promotional contest going on at the time. Contest details are on the back as well. I may make a non-contest wrapper at some point just for fun.

yti1DHW.jpg

uUmM4q8.jpg

I love this idea!! Where on Earth did you find reference picturesfor those years?

Last edited:
The consensus seems to be that Ray nor Venkman are accurate 1984 portraits, but very good general sculpts of Aykroyd and Murray. However, I think most would agree that Ray's sculpt is closer to a 1984 portrait than Venkman's is.

Cracked open the Ecto-1 Haynes Workshop Manual book this week. The pictures in there just reaffirmed my feelings that Venkman and Stanz look more as they did in GB2. Great book so far, too. Really makes me want to preorder the Ecto-1.

IMG_6546.JPG

Cracked open the Ecto-1 Haynes Workshop Manual book this week. The pictures in there just reaffirmed my feelings that Venkman and Stanz look more as they did in GB2. Great book so far, too. Really makes me want to preorder the Ecto-1.

View attachment 390979

I've seen people have this and yet the BBTS order still isn't converting to in stock. I'm waiting on that one item to ship my loot!

Got my Egon a few days ago. Once again perfect. no issues. I'm really impressed actually, this is what, Blitzway's 4th mass release of a figure. ( Scarface, Carlito, Tyler Durden ) Very impressive! New companies are normally plagued by QC issues, but Blitzway seem to of taken care. Apart from a few odd occurrences. It's a shame they have nothing coming out for the next two years that takes my fancy. The industry really needed a solid competitor to go up against Hot Toys and give the customer greater choice. I do believe that Blitzway are that company.

Back