Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl :rotfl

Like I said earlier, I'm really not sure why this guy is attempting to convince the rest of us that his custom sculpt is the best sculpt out there and being extremely childish about it. Doing that, it makes it seem as if he's looking for the approval of everyone else and is pissed that he didn't get it, because he's actually attempting to convince himself that it's the best sculpt out there because he's actually not sure anymore if it is or not.

I've noticed this type of behavior with a lot of the custom crowd.

I've seen quite a few members that bought a custom head of whom ever come and crap on the obviously superior licensed figure and say theirs is better and so and so company should have did better or added rooted hair or some crap like that. If you disagree with them they'll call you poor because you can't afford their 1000-2000 dollar custom and you're jealous, when it's infact them that's jealous lol.

They rant and rant about how you're wrong and why your opinion is garbage because they pay high dollar for customs, so that must make them an expert. They're bitter and resentful that a better and much cheaper product came out and mad because they don't have one of the few 12 inch versions of a character and their custom isn't special and brag worthy anymore. Their exclusivity is ruined when the listened version comes out and that really pisses them off. They try to convince themselves their custom is better but they try and convince you first so it makes them feel better.

Then there are the other people who buy customs, like myself who shut the **** up when something better comes along lol. I've had customs and then an official came out and I'll admit that it stings that you've bought a custom instead of waited but you keep that to yourself and move the frick on.

I've seen quite a few members that bought a custom head of whom ever come and crap on the obviously superior licensed figure and say theirs is better and so and so company should have did better or added rooted hair or some crap like that. If you disagree with them they'll call you poor because you can't afford their 1000-2000 dollar custom and you're jealous, when it's infact them that's jealous lol.

They rant and rant about how you're wrong and why your opinion is garbage because they pay high dollar for customs, so that must make them an expert. They're bitter and resentful that a better and much cheaper product came out and mad because they don't have one of the few 12 inch versions of a character and their custom isn't special and brag worthy anymore. Their exclusivity is ruined when the listened version comes out and that really pisses them off. They try to convince themselves their custom is better but they try and convince you first so it makes them feel better.

Then there are the other people who buy customs, like myself who shut the **** up when something better comes along lol. I've had customs and then an official came out and I'll admit that it stings that you've bought a custom instead of waited but you keep that to yourself and move the frick on.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Aka: Buyer's remorse. That moment when they realized they overpaid. :lol

I have no chip. I simply posted a response to an individual using the same faulty deduction using a supposedly "infallible" website. This is quite entertaining really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have no chip. I simply posted a response to an individual using the same faulty deduction using a supposedly "infallible" website. This is quite entertaining really.

Go back to your initial post of your dark photo.

"Still the best Venkman sculpt around."

Then re-read each one of your subsequent posts in the last 5 pages after literally not one person agreed with you and you become increasingly exasperated, almost to the point where you start borderline trolling, calling everyone here "kids" and suggesting that they must not know what Bill Murray actually looks like.

Yes, I concur it is entertaining, all because you didn't get the desired approval you sought on your custom sculpt in an odd attempt to convince only yourself that you have the "best" one out there.

UZTATPc.gif

...at you.

Go back to your initial post of your dark photo.

"Still the best Venkman sculpt around."

Then re-read each one of your subsequent posts in the last 5 pages after literally not one person agreed with you and you become increasingly exasperated, almost to the point where you start borderline trolling, calling everyone here "kids" and suggesting that they must not know what Bill Murray actually looks like.

Yes, I concur it is entertaining, all because you didn't get the desired approval you sought on your custom sculpt in an odd attempt to convince only yourself that you have the "best" one out there.

UZTATPc.gif

...at you.
Did it ever occur to you bullies...That I was just seeing how quick, I could get you "civilized" chaps to devolve into abusive comments & namecalling? Sad thing is...it didn't take more than 2 posts....I was sure it would take at least 5 w/ your "well-thought-out" criticisms from your high horses in internetland. Sad really. Onto the next forum. You may now commence your name calling. Mic drop.

Did it ever occur to you bullies...That I was just seeing how quick, I could get you "civilized" chaps to devolve into abusive comments & namecalling? Sad thing is...it didn't take more than 2 posts....I was sure it would take at least 5 w/ your "well-thought-out" criticisms from your high horses in internetland. Sad really. Onto the next forum. You may now commence your name calling. Mic drop.

giphy.gif

Except, nobody called you any names; just simply disagreed with you (again) that your custom sculpt is the "best one around." As mentioned, you appeared to resort to trolling after literally not one person agreed with you and you failed to get the desired approval that you clearly sought. Thanks for confirming that this is in fact, what you did. :clap

Enjoy your custom sculpt that you likely overpaid for, that has a 50% Murray likeness at best.

Some better photos posted 16th October last year:

No, I'm still not seeing it.

Yeah, this is the second time he's attempted to convince people here (but really himself) over the course of a few pages that the BW sculpt is garbage and that he has the "best one around." :lol

Except this time I suppose he realized it's not happening, so trolling is his only recourse once he feels that he's getting "bullied" simply because people aren't agreeing with him.

This is all getting a little childish now. Agree to disagree and move on surely.

I'm still waiting on Winston to complete the set. Whats the consensus on him here? Has anyone else sent him off to be repainted as I Am Toys did or or happy with him stock?

This is all getting a little childish now. Agree to disagree and move on surely.

I'm still waiting on Winston to complete the set. Whats the consensus on him here? Has anyone else sent him off to be repainted as I Am Toys did or or happy with him stock?
I'm fine with him. Under some lights I find the skin too shiny. Un some other lights too dark, the moustach almost get lost. But don't know... Doesn't botter me.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Suprised to be saying this...but I think my custom has a better likeness.
3b85f900fb18d620740ef860b031c35f.jpg
8596e46d3408b0c2691e8d9e21eaf028.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUN
bdff588798dc7b520a8d4b85fd405389.jpg
G-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I never knew Harry Dean Stanton played Venkmen.

The customs crowd are the most insufferable bag of dicks on this entire board. They always need to lecture you while wearing their smoking jackets about companies doing recasts of unlicensed heads and how that's a no no. Piss off.

Wow, last few pages were kind of a bummer to read. I think that Venkman sculpt would be just fine before Blitzway put there's out, with repaints I've seen here the Blitzway sculpt is near spot on but production paint kinda hid the solid sculpt. Had I paid money for a custom and a new release came out, I'd just be stoked and would have traded up. Everyone's got opinions, pointless to try and change anyone elses. Still one of the more civil boards I've come across. I'm remembering something from a few years ago about a white and gold dress that many saw as black and blue, sometimes I think peoples perspective is different than others so maybe to some people the Snider sculpt looks spot on, idk.

I've found it hilarious. If it werent for the pics of Venkman I would have thought I was in the Molecule8 Lennon thread. lol Hey, I got dogged when I suggested the soldierstory head was fairly accurate. Difference is I'm not one for crybaby tactics when someone disagrees. Like my grandaddy use to say, opinions are like a++holes they all stink.

Now I love my Blitzway Venkman, but re-watching Scrooged over Christmas and couldn't help thinking they perfected the likeness from the wrong movie :lol

BillScrooged.jpg

Now I love my Blitzway Venkman, but re-watching Scrooged over Christmas and couldn't help thinking they perfected the likeness from the wrong movie :lol

View attachment 387546

I think both Venkman and Stantz look closer to how they appear in GBII rather than the original. Both are a bit chub in the face, but a Scrooged or What About Bob Blitzway Murray... I'd buy that!

100% agree. That's the only major flaw with the likeness. If you can call it that. lol

I've found it hilarious. If it werent for the pics of Venkman I would have thought I was in the Molecule8 Lennon thread. lol Hey, I got dogged when I suggested the soldierstory head was fairly accurate. Difference is I'm not one for crybaby tactics when someone disagrees. Like my grandaddy use to say, opinions are like a++holes they all stink.

To be frank, never have a seen a place with so many people who attempt to pass their opinions off as fact, and then as you said, resort to crybaby tactics when they find out that not everyone just automatically agrees with them. Doesn't matter what it is. Films, likenesses, etc. And instead of just reasonably stating why they feel the way they do, they just prefer to attack anyone who disagrees with them.

View attachment 387546

This is why I stated before that the likeness seems to be more of just a general Bill Murray likeness that you can use on any Bill Murray character, rather than it specifically being from a particular film. Though it is indeed closer to a GBII likeness than GB.

Although as stated earlier as well, I still maintain the conviction it's the sculpt with the best Murray likeness currently available, even for GB. The Snyderman one I would say used to be, but it does pale in comparison now to the BW one.

My personal opinion is this: There is no technical sculpt better for venkman and its undoubtably the best realistic likeness done for him.

Some of the old custom portraits inferior from a technical and detail standpoint may indeed capture more likeness in a caricature sort of fashion because indeed this head is one of the poorest likenesses from Blitzway and the clear worst of the set.

So basically where you are left with is a moot point, and only hoping that one day a superior head in likeness and craft can be realized.

Back