Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's my attempt to lighten up the skin tone on Venkman. I didn't do a full repaint or anything, just added a few extra thin washes of paint. And then I reddened his nose, cheeks and ears and gave him some 5-oclock shadow. I did end up repainting the eyes though, since I wanted to try giving him a hint of an expression with that bored/exasperated look he often had in the movie. I also darkened the hair and made the eyebrows a little thicker.

And since my figure had a little issue with a broken arm, I had to put him on a COO body I had lying around. I think I was able to make it work ok (and the body does at least give him a longer looking neck), but given the slightly larger scale of these figures I think it probably needs the wider shoulders and buffer body that BW used.

And he's not really that shiny; I just had the light on him a little too close. :p

View attachment 383558

View attachment 383559

View attachment 383560

View attachment 383561

View attachment 383562

Just going to repost this...amazing likeness pops out with some paint changes.

Spend a few hundred on a sculpt and it’s bound to look good to your eyes....

But to my eyes the BW sculpt is vastly superior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this set! I'm from chile so a very long trip for them. No QC issues, everything just perfect. Love this guys.... Now I feel I need the ecto 1,:(
ee401d41972901a10f6a444dee663fb8.jpg
d9a605c44d179620e2388b9190f83469.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Beautiful display!

What house is that? Play mobile? Same with the car? Looks so good!

Beautiful display!

What house is that? Play mobile? Same with the car? Looks so good!
Yep! Playmobil ;)
Its a great set in fact. I have the full collection, very fun to display... But a little too big for any of my shelves.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

You guys DO know what Bill Murray looks like right? Here's a pic in case you forgot.
776e96b34814e009c170cbcd03bb5a62.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Surely do, and it ain't that. You've been trying to sell this Tom Hanks sculpt to us since this threads inception.

Build a bridge.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Surely do, and it ain't that. You've been trying to sell this Tom Hanks sculpt to us since this threads inception.

Build a bridge.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Tom Hanks...yikes...check your prescription. You might as well have said it looked like Julia Roberts.

Man that DaveJames repaint is the bomb. Still wish I had it in my hot little hand.

So did all the companies get their allotments ? I ordered back in May from a company called DenDen Hobby Store in HK and they keep saying in the next 2 weeks, but their 2 weeks are turning into months...

:lol:lol:lol Ray Wise! I'd love a Ray Wise sculpt, incidentally. It'd be one step along the road to my dream Twin Peaks set which, let's face it, ain't ever gonna happen. Though at least I have an Ernie Hudson now and he's in The Return for about 30 seconds.

Anyway, get that sculptor back to work, crankin' out some Ray Wises!

Maizy doats and doazy doats ...

Stop kids, you're hurting my feelings...I'm telling.

If I were you, i'd get a custom The Real Ghostbusters uniform made and slap that sucker on it, because that sculpt isn't Bill Murray and that paint app looks animated.

That way, you can have both of best worlds instead of getting made a fool of on this forum.

If I were you, i'd get a custom The Real Ghostbusters uniform made and slap that sucker on it, because that sculpt isn't Bill Murray and that paint app looks animated.

That way, you can have both of best worlds instead of getting made a fool of on this forum.

:rotfl :rotfl

Like I said earlier, I'm really not sure why this guy is attempting to convince the rest of us that his custom sculpt is the best sculpt out there and being extremely childish about it. Doing that, it makes it seem as if he's looking for the approval of everyone else and is pissed that he didn't get it, because he's actually attempting to convince himself that it's the best sculpt out there because he's actually not sure anymore if it is or not.

Well, we cant judge the custom too harshly due to the poor picture. Maybe a better lit, higher resolution picture would help, or make the situation worse. But yes, it does sound like he's trying to convince himself. The Blitzway figures are a huge step up from anything that's been before. Lets not try and kid ourselves.

Back at ya.
ba1bf6d1cf11408753fff60e09a0e67b.jpg

It's hilarious seeing you get so butt-hurt that people didn't like your awful custom. :clap

You came in here with a chip on your shoulder and it got knocked off real fast.

Your custom looks like a cartoon and it's sculpt is weak. Deal with it, move on. You're not impressing anyone but you're making a fool out of yourself.

Back