Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? So they don't send replacement parts to the UK either? Jesus.

I got my replacement part very quickly in the UK. I contacted my retailer. They contacted Blitzway. Blitzway sent me the part directly.

Got my reply from Bluefin RE: Broken parts...

"Hello Tyson,

Thank you so much for your email. The last thing we will need before we begin to process your request to confirm your shipping address. Your invoice said that your address is in Australia. If this is the case, we unfortunately won’t be able to help you with your request due to our company policy of not shipping replacement items outside of North America. Please do get back to us if the address is false and you live within North America so we can begin to process your request.

Thank you,
Bluefin Customer Service"

Okay. No worries. Thanks for nothing, I guess?

Maybe I can give them my mother's address in the states and have them sent there.

How much is a package from US to AUS?

I mean it’s a small thing so if it’s not expensive I could help?

BTW been a week since I sent out my info to Bluefin....

Also CC’d Time walker and Blitzway....

Nothing back from email yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Popcultcha website has them as in stock now if that helps. Hope to get my pre-order this week! Woo!

*high five* Yeah I got my 'shipped' notice from Popcultcha today! Woo! I didn't pay express postage and I'm interstate, so I won't see them until next week at the earliest, but I expect we'll have a few more photos from Popcultcha customers before the end of the week. It is gonna be funnnnn when that big box arrives.

I'm a bit worried about issues now but if there are any I just have to be a bit zen and remind myself, 'They get sorted in the end ... they get sorted in the end ...'

Do not let the slight QC issues spoil the fun. Any way you cut it this is a fantastic set...your in for a treat.

Now if you get 2 Standz outfits let me know and We can trade....
Someone got the other one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*high five* Yeah I got my 'shipped' notice from Popcultcha today! Woo! I didn't pay express postage and I'm interstate, so I won't see them until next week at the earliest, but I expect we'll have a few more photos from Popcultcha customers before the end of the week. It is gonna be funnnnn when that big box arrives.

I'm a bit worried about issues now but if there are any I just have to be a bit zen and remind myself, 'They get sorted in the end ... they get sorted in the end ...'

Regardless, you should inspect each one when it arrives, to include the following:

1. Make sure each figure has the correct box/patch and correct name tape on flight suit.
2. Inspect for broken Fastex buckles on Proton Pack chest straps.
3. Inspect ghost traps for breakage on Winston and Ray.
5. Make sure you have the correct hands in each figure's trays (none missing or repeated).
6. Make sure each Proton Pack illuminates properly with CR2032 batteries installed.
7. Make sure the head sculpts and flight suits do not have any errant paint splotches, marks, or overspray.
8. Check wands for breakage (loose in packaging, separated...can be fixed with Super Glue).

If all's good, enjoy:)

Do not let the slight QC issues spoil the fun. Any way you cut it this is a fantastic set...your in for a treat.

Now if you get 2 Standz outfits let me know and We can trade....
Someone got the other one..

Haha it's a deal! And thanks for the handy list, swo77. It's really appreciated.

Good work! I'm giving you an A and a Gold Star for your report (because I can't do rep points.) Opening my set TODAY.

Regardless, you should inspect each one when it arrives, to include the following:

1. Make sure each figure has the correct box/patch and correct name tape on flight suit.
2. Inspect for broken Fastex buckles on Proton Pack chest straps.
3. Inspect ghost traps for breakage on Winston and Ray.
5. Make sure you have the correct hands in each figure's trays (none missing or repeated).
6. Make sure each Proton Pack illuminates properly with CR2032 batteries installed.
7. Make sure the head sculpts and flight suits do not have any errant paint splotches, marks, or overspray.
8. Check wands for breakage (loose in packaging, separated...can be fixed with Super Glue).

If all's good, enjoy:)

Did anyone else get a lead time of 6-8 weeks from Bluefin for replacement parts? Gonna take them a whole month+ just to ship me a replacement hand. :(

I got these figures today. Very nice overall. Expectations are met. Blitzways bodies and accessories are made of a cheaper material than hot toys. And it seems to stand out worse here than it did with Tyler Durden. But the proton packs are very nice. The Only Exception there for me is my pack that came with Ray, where the proton wand won't stay attached to the pack. Also, one of Rey's boots won't stay attached to his ankle joint. And there was one issue where venkman's doohickey came unglued on his belt. But beyond that, I haven't noticed any issues. Egon's glasses don't look as bad in person as I thought they would, though I'm still very much in for an upgrade from Robbie the painter. And I think there are a lot of misleading shots of Winston. But I figured that. He looks pretty good in hand. For some reason, the one figure that seems hardest for me to futz right is Venkman. No matter what I do he seems too bulky. I'm pretty happy with how I've gotten all the others, but not him just yet. I may need to water treat his suit. I really hate these blitzway stands. I wonder why they don't just do something simpler, and more utilitarian. Fortunately I had custom stands for my custom figures, and I'm just transferring these figures over to those.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Posted this earlier, but yup. Collar popped, lol.
I7OeXxo.jpg

Got mine today. The buckles on the belt are fragile. Gently squeeze the pins together before assembly.

Not quite a 10/10, but a very solid 9.

Well folks. *wipes brow* That was kind of like a religious experience.

My four-pack finally arrived. Gee whizz. GEE WHIZZ.

I don't need to go through particulars much because you guys have already covered that. I can simply reflect on the last few hours :p

My main worry now is that no other sixth scale collecting experience is ever going to match up. Four figs in one day? All childhood heroes? All great figures? Surely it's all downhill from here.

I was slimed. In my ... Okay, maybe that is not the ideal joke for a family forum. But geeze if I could hold on forever to that feeling of opening the box, and also of opening the first fig, Ray, for the first time ... It took me five hours just to look through and assemble everything. I needed a coffee break. I am exhausted!

I only had very minor issues. Winston had one extra relaxed hand. I contacted Popcultcha and I'm sure that will be fine. Egon's undershirt neck was REALLY stretched. It was stretched enough you could almost get both shoulders through. But futzing can cover that. There was a tiny spot of glue on one of Egon's pack lights? The fact I am even mentioning that in a four pack of figs with super detailed accessories, some of which light up and some of which have movable parts, is incredible. Ok so the hand guy was drunk, but the QC on the rest seems pretty good. I'd be surprised if I got four random Hot Toys with all those complex pieces and they were all issue free. Maybe I'll notice things later, but either I was very lucky or Blitzway just did a good job there. I do feel awful for people who have had issues, though! I wouldn't want anything to mar the sort of day I just had for anyone.

I was my childhood self today. Ray is my favourite. Venkman doesn't look bad at all close up. I do wish his eye colour was right, and that he had a less generic skin tone on the face, but ... the 'Bill Murray idiosyncrasies' of the face are all there on the sculpt. I think Egon's great? I was exhausted by the time I put that champ together. I was saving him for last because I am a big Egon fan but by that point I was bleary-eyed. Winston's red but whatever. Any complaints really seem like quibbles here. In essence, this is an amazing set that does everything it needs to do to put memorable, 'Ghostbusters of a lifetime', 'childhood dreams come true' figures on the shelves. They're each immediately recognisable as the Ghostbusters. They each have details that will make any fan doing a close inspection smile. And the good ones (Ray) are REALLY good. Ray is damn near as perfect as a sixth scale fig could be, to my eyes. I don't know the movie uniforms and belt arrangements inside out, but that Ray sculpt is phenomenal.

I'm not gonna dare close any of those waist snaps until I am certain I am not taking those packs off for a LONG time.

And oh man I LOVE those little cigarettes. I don't know why. I'm not a smoker myself. But they're really the cherry on the top when it comes to capturing the movie feel.

And Slimer is much better than I expected! Sure, he is an 'interpretation' of Slimer, but the translucency, the teeth ... he looks great! He is a fun accessory.

I am probably gushing too much. I will most likely come back tomorrow all cool and detached and cynical, saying, 'Well actually, this was wrong, and this was wrong, and there was that issue, and that issue ...' But this is what I am feeling like on unboxing day, and I wanted to remind you guys who have had them a month or two what unboxing day was like :p This is why we collect, folks.

BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

I'll add to the pic hoard just to do my bit.

033.jpg

037.jpg

052.jpg

062.jpg

066.jpg

071.jpg

075.jpg

082.jpg

079.jpg

094.jpg

And thanks again, swo77, for that checklist. I went through it carefully while I was putting everything together.

Nice to see such pure joy. I'm afraid I've been collecting too long to feel that way about anything. But in this case, I had some custom I was really happy with for about 2 to 3 years, so this is just a nice upgrade to me. Certainly, if I would have had something like this seven or eight years ago, I think I would have felt the same way you are. In terms of the shirts, I've also noticed that they're pretty stretched out in general. And that's a bit of a bummer, but I don't notice it so much the way I have been futzed. However, I do go to lengths to make sure that I can see the black shirt on each figure. And that piece of cloth on the left side I tuck under the flight suit so that it looks better.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back