Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few tweaks from me on this guy. These figures really seem to be hard to capture. Colors don't translate very well.

EyYCGmw.jpg

That's a piss poor fix and it would probably wipe off easily.

The buckles are VERY fragile.

I let Steve at TW know and Blitzway agreed to help. Blitway just got back to us both and Steve has to contact Bluefin and they're replacing everything I assume. Good to know they're going the extra mile and not just blowing me off.

I feel your pain - My defects/damage, especially the facial blemishes, were incredibly disappointing after such anticipation. I know folks here generally don't intend to, but some of their responses come off as crass & trivialize these issues. Most collectors accept that items produced en masse will have their share of QC issues, but my damages & much of what I've been seeing here should have been preventable. As collectors, we spend a lot of money on these products and shouldn't have to deal with nonsense right out of the box. Unfortunately, BBTS doesn't have the stock, so couldn't do anything about exchanging the figures or parts for me, but I was able to purchase another set from another user for a minimal increase so I returned my original set. Good luck to you!

that looks great! what tweaks did you do?
lol not meaning to be rude and speak on Robbie's behalf, but I'm guessing the tweaks was showing more of the neck/pulling the shirt down and adjusting all the belts/straps accordingly to perfectly capture the look of Peter in the Hotel hallway scene where Slimer is staring him down. "Come in Ray. It's right here Ray. It's looking at me."

- Robbie did an amazing job recreating that iconic moment.

Thanks guys.
Looks better in hand. The picture doesn't look right at all but that was the best I could do last night.
I cut the ankles down so he's the correct height, tinted the jumper, so it's a little more grey, added some love handles, raised the head higher and attached the shirt collar to the neck joint to keep it in place. Still lots of futzing to do.

Hey guys - the yellow hose on my Peter Venkman figure popped out and I’m not sure where it is supposed to be re-attached to. Any help would be appreciated.

lol not meaning to be rude and speak on Robbie's behalf, but I'm guessing the tweaks was showing more of the neck/pulling the shirt down and adjusting all the belts/straps accordingly to perfectly capture the look of Peter in the Hotel hallway scene where Slimer is staring him down. "Come in Ray. It's right here Ray. It's looking at me."

- Robbie did an amazing job recreating that iconic moment.

not rude, but wrong!

I'm guessing he's keeping them now! So good to see page after page of pictures finally. Really cannot wait to get Ray in the next few weeks.

Hey guys - the yellow hose on my Peter Venkman figure popped out and I’m not sure where it is supposed to be re-attached to. Any help would be appreciated.

The little grey insert on the figure's left thigh. The other end apparently just tucks underneath the back of the belt from what I'm told on here.

A few tweaks from me on this guy. These figures really seem to be hard to capture. Colors don't translate very well.

EyYCGmw.jpg

:clap :clap

I feel your pain - My defects/damage, especially the facial blemishes, were incredibly disappointing after such anticipation. I know folks here generally don't intend to, but some of their responses come off as crass & trivialize these issues. Most collectors accept that items produced en masse will have their share of QC issues, but my damages & much of what I've been seeing here should have been preventable. As collectors, we spend a lot of money on these products and shouldn't have to deal with nonsense right out of the box. Unfortunately, BBTS doesn't have the stock, so couldn't do anything about exchanging the figures or parts for me, but I was able to purchase another set from another user for a minimal increase so I returned my original set. Good luck to you!

Honestly the Sharpie fix work perfectly.....I have done it before. First being the best color it’s a trick, but it’s hair and even if the color is a little off you will never notice. Especially on the back of the head in such a tiny spot.

Did it with my Wasteland Ranger to change the hair color and give more stubble.....

Also use this trick on my custom figures....

If your totally **** about color match, your I can buy professional paint pens which have the same control.....but more colors . Just be prepared to pay 10 buck a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a couple pics of my Venkman. Haven't done much yet, but I did pull out the neck plug so I could slide the head up a bit higher and give him that longer neck he really needs (and thankfully the black shirt still seems to cover everything). And I padded his midsection as well. And after rewatching the movie I tried to copy his posture with the shoulders sloped down and pushed forward as much as possible.

I still need to lighten the eyes though, since they're way too freakin dark at the moment. And I want to try the water treatment on the outfit as well, to make it a bit more loose and wrinkly.

And since he didn't come with a trap, I borrowed the Mattel one I had. :)

20171209_104112 (588x1000).jpg

20171209_103818 (606x1000).jpg

Back