Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Ecto-1 looks amazing and totally worth the price... but unfortunately that price is still way too high for me.

I just doubt any normal collector could buy it, or indeed keep it - if you had money to burn and a huge display space then maybe you'd never sell it, but it would never last more than a few months in most people's collections before they looked at it and thought about what else they could do with the money and the space.

Blitzway have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing - if it had been around the same price as the four pack then you could justify it to yourself. But in the UK at least to would come in as double that after shipping, customs etc. And then what if there were QC issues?!?

Update from this morning: BBTS said they have neither received them nor gotten any word on when they will

Amazing! My delivery just arrived via Australia post this morning. Thanks to Joe for fast shipment!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Great detail on Slimer in hand!

Apologies for upside down photo, taken on IPAD and trying to figure how to correct this

Last edited:

View attachment 378437

Great detail on Slimer in hand!

Apologies for upside down photo, taken on IPAD and trying to figure how to correct this
Edit the picture , just do a color correction or crop it slightly and it will post correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just doubt any normal collector could buy it, or indeed keep it - if you had money to burn and a huge display space then maybe you'd never sell it, but it would never last more than a few months in most people's collections before they looked at it and thought about what else they could do with the money and the space.

Blitzway have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing - if it had been around the same price as the four pack then you could justify it to yourself. But in the UK at least to would come in as double that after shipping, customs etc. And then what if there were QC issues?!?

Oh I don't think I'd ever get tired of looking at it myself. ;) But even though I've already spent a crazy amount of money on this hobby, that still seems like an awful lot to spend for one collectible.

It's definitely very damn tempting though. I just wish we could get a definitive answer first on whether HT is releasing the BTTF2 Delorean. Because if they aren't, then I would probably take the plunge and get the Ecto-1 instead. But I'd rather have the Delorean and don't have the space or money for both.

Edit the picture , just do a color correction or crop it slightly and it will post correctly.

Thanks, will do. Have them all set up in a detolf, will share photos shortly

Congrats!
If they came via AusPost, who did you order through?

Joe Au-Yueng sent them from Hong Kong, arrived Sunday in Australia and shipped by Australia post this morning!

Excellent repaint! Great work! Blends much better with the others now.

But the head does look a wee bit small, like Beetlejuice from Howard Stern.

OMG, YES! …This. I really don't think Ernie's head is that small in real life, compared to the others. It's gonna require more than a repaint to make this right!! I really think BW owes us a full sculpt REDO, even if we have to spend a few bucks to get it (such as Asmus did with their Hobbits, and a couple other figures).

Thanks for that, freddykrueger. Man, you would think regular Oz retailers would get them pretty quick from China. I guess they have to go through their distributors, but to wait another month is pretty painful. I'm happy for you though...jealous....but happy. Looking forward to some more pics!

OMG, YES! …This. I really don't think Ernie's head is that small in real life, compared to the others. It's gonna require more than a repaint to make this right!! I really think BW owes us a full sculpt REDO, even if we have to spend a few bucks to get it (such as Asmus did with their Hobbits, and a couple other figures).

Uhm...nah...it's fine...maybe you can work that out with them I think it will be okay as it is on my shelf though.

He really doesn't have a very big head. Some of the issue with the figure is optical illusion owing to his short hair and darker skin tone.

ernie_hudson_05_1.jpg

ernie_hudson_09_1.jpg

God I can't wait to get my 4 pack! Count me in ecto 1 as well as long as life doesn't get in the way.

In Demand Toys dispatched my Special Pack this morning. Should have it in-hand tomorrow.

I may be looking to move this straight on (either as a whole or split), so if anyone is interested then please drop me a PM...

So where does everyone live that’s getting them?

Guess the international simultaneous release got nixed.

It really was not possible I guess.

Maybe international release only meant shipping them out from China at the same time :)

So where does everyone live that’s getting them?

Guess the international simultaneous release got nixed.

It really was not possible I guess.

I'm in the UK.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

BBTS wants $1599 for the Ecto1 WTH??!! If this is the trend I’m likely gonna have to pass.

Last edited:

How do you PO the Ecto1?

I am not seeing anything on their site, just specs and story.

Back