Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

His head even looks bigger now. I mean it’s small in real life when compared to the others anyway, but still looks so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't like what they did to Winston if Ernie Hudson woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and was that colour he would be straight down the doctors. It's like the paint department have never seen a black person before. I'm hoping that onesitxkit recast it and repaint it.

His head even looks bigger now. I mean it’s small in real life when compared to the others anyway, but still looks so much better.

Wow, looks go much better now. I contacted the painted on FB and definitely going to mine repaint once I get it. I was curious, did you send only the head or the entire figure? I noticed the neck was repainted too?

Wow, looks go much better now. I contacted the painted on FB and definitely going to mine repaint once I get it. I was curious, did you send only the head or the entire figure? I noticed the neck was repainted too?

Just the head. The head and neck are all one piece. The whole set is a perfect 10 for me now.

Just the head. The head and neck are all one piece. The whole set is a perfect 10 for me now.

Yeah! looks awesome! congrats man! can't wait to get mine

I really don't like what they did to Winston if Ernie Hudson woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and was that colour he would be straight down the doctors. It's like the paint department have never seen a black person before. I'm hoping that onesitxkit recast it and repaint it.

Most companies can't even paint White people right. Look at HT. Most White sculpts look tanned or some type of Spanish. I think they're afraid of them looking porcelain.

Most companies can't even paint White people right. Look at HT. Most White sculpts look tanned or some type of Spanish. I think they're afraid of them looking porcelain.

I was just about to actually say the same thing. Just like all white people aren't the same shade, all black people aren't the same shade, either. They simply painted Winston's skin too dark of a shade, just like HT generally paints the skin on all of their white skinned characters too dark of a shade as well. It's like they think all white people use tanning booths. :lol

I'm hoping that onesitxkit recast it and repaint it.

They should. There'd be a lot of money to be made there.

True the only figure I can think that doesnt have that hot Toys weird white skin tone was the dx10.

Agreed. This is now a 10/10 set with the repaint. I wonder if a repaint of the others would bring out the likeness even more, or was it only so drastic due to Winston being so far off due to being red/sweaty.

006e7f349ef33bf028c638931034a734.jpg
66a74e7a1c69f0a7e84c583293252831.jpg
c155ff08e62307719ccb6d2c64e6b8f0.jpg
e7a996798dc95c6ecf457352fa341d90.jpg

These are great shots, thank you. Venkman looks good in these too.

Great paint job BUT Winston is now considerably lighter than he is in real life. So better but not more accurate.

Great paint job BUT Winston is now considerably lighter than he is in real life. So better but not more accurate.

Well it's more accurate, but not totally accurate. The original paint app I think is way darker than what he is, while the repaint is merely slightly lighter. Still not a completely accurate shade, but indeed better than the stock paint app.

Maybe because there's not a lot of African American people in China so they don't know how they really look

That was my first thought, but you would expect the paint master Blitzway gave them would have the right color. Maybe this was the factory’s best guess at getting the color right.

Maybe because there's not a lot of African American people in China so they don't know how they really look

To bad they did not have something like a picture or a movie to compare skin tones

That looks great I am Toys! The main problem with the stock Winston is the gloss finish and the obvious too reddish tone. I can't wait to get this. I will tackle the repaint myself. leave the eyes and lips and re-paint the rest.

The expectations and hype for these was huge, what with the added 'K.A. Kim effect'.

Then the Winston issue dropped and expectations had to be lowered.

But looking at them up close they're stunning. Even Winston, if his skin tone does have that reddish tint. The sculpts are lifelike, and there's so many great little details in the costumes and accessories.

If the boots hadn't been moulded the set would've been taken up another notch.

However, now that I have them I'm even less inclined to get ECTO-1. The reason being, similar to Bo Shrek writing that Slimer lets the team down because he's "toyish", I think that the car would let them down. So far it's looked cheap and plasticky.

I remember seeing the 89 Bat Mobile displayed at a collectable store and the first thing to come to mind was that the price tag $800 CAN (I think) did not match the product. Yes the vehicle was detailed and large but it still held a toyish quality as it looked light. For that price I want to have a replica give a feeling of weight. As for the Ecto-1 I think it should not look clean, It needs to have a dirty driving the streets of NYC look!!

Back