Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

It's dark here. I tried to add more light with an LED lamp, but the closest I could stand it was on a filing cabinet about four feet away.

Sitting here looking at them across the room Peter, Ray and Egon are a lot paler than in the photo.

You can never tell how a Hong Kong delivery's going to go. Sometimes they take the direct route, and sometimes the scenic one.

Just finished putting them together. After Winston, who needed the most alteration to his belt gear, the others didn't take quite as long.

24614360288_33fe7a073a_o.jpg

Winston seems to have the biggest fat suit. I'd have thought that honour would've gone to Ray.

Personally I think Slimer needs to go back into the box. Its a “add in” not a main feature and it shows. It takes away from the “high end” look of the fours and pulls it down to “toyish”.
The four look great. Who looks the best ‘Inhand” in your opinion?

Personally I think Slimer needs to go back into the box. Its a “add in” not a main feature and it shows. It takes away from the “high end” look of the fours and pulls it down to “toyish”.

I like him. The semi-translucent body looks really effective, and the sculpting and painting of the teeth and tongue is top notch. His fingernails are painted too. He's like a goofy cartoon character in the film.

Bo Shrek said:
The four look great. Who looks the best ‘Inhand” in your opinion?

Ray looks best to me. Then Venkman, who's a little fat in the face. Egon's good, but he has an odd expression

If this is a smirk,

1059751-speng.jpg

the figure has more of a sneer.

Winston last, but maybe just because he has the reddish tint.

Apart from Ray I don't think you could describe these as Kim's finest work.

Thanks for all the photos Kuat. Are all the belts fiddly? I hate belts that fall off.

Thanks for all the photos Kuat. Are all the belts fiddly? I hate belts that fall off.

There isn't much holding them together.

Each end of the belt loops over the buckle and is held by a piece of folded over soft metal. If you're not careful the end can get pulled out of the metal 'clamp'. Then the buckle and clamp fall onto the floor and you have to hunt for them!

I like him. The semi-translucent body looks really effective, and the sculpting and painting of the teeth and tongue is top notch. His fingernails are painted too. He's like a goofy cartoon character in the film.

Ray looks best to me. Then Venkman, who's a little fat in the face. Egon's good, but he has an odd expression

If this is a smirk,

1059751-speng.jpg

the figure has more of a sneer.

Winston last, but maybe just because he has the reddish tint.

Apart from Ray I don't think you could describe these as Kim's finest work.

Slimer looks like an amazing sculpt...I am not sure that I will display him though because he appears to be way under scale...

Slimer does look cool, but I can see the point how he sort of cheapens the display a bit into making it look a bit more "toy-ish". To me with all four displayed, he doesn't really fit. Both figuratively and literally. :lol

I plan on doing a lot of futzing with the belts in the sense of rearranging the placement of items on them; hopefully it doesn't turn out to be that much of a pain.

There isn't much holding them together.

Each end of the belt loops over the buckle and is held by a piece of folded over soft metal. If you're not careful the end can get pulled out of the metal 'clamp'. Then the buckle and clamp fall onto the floor and you have to hunt for them!

Thanks. I know 1/6 figures aren't kids toys, and they can take a bit of work to make them look right, but I tend to get rid of any figure too fiddly and delicate. I'll be interested to see just how they 'feel' in hand.

Does anyone know when Timewalker will receive their inventory? I figure it should be in the next week or so.

Unlikely.

They may have arrive in the States within the next week or two, but it's going to take some time for it to get checked through Customs and all that. The reason they always say 4-6 weeks is that it typically only takes the boat a week or two, but then the cargo usually sits at the dock for a few weeks as Customs checks all of it. Sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it goes slow. There's no way to tell.

Once it gets checked by Customs, then it will get delivered to Bluefin. . . and it sounds like Bluefin is drop-shipping Timewalker's orders at least, probably for this first shipment. So, like some have conjectured, it will likely arrive before Christmas, but probably not in the next week or two.

I think I’m gonna wait until I have time to fully enjoy them but couldn’t resist cracking open slimer! Also loving the patches on the box!AFD4C28E-A135-4615-9933-089909FF1FF6.jpg27948098-0EE2-4CDC-8A18-AE861F16683D.jpgB4B19DD6-0001-4149-978D-9893647C1745.jpg

Wow, the US collectors might be getting our soon. Saw this post on Facebook and he's the owner of Superbad Action Figures and they're located in CA. I'll post what he wrote. So, if anyone in the US that missed out, I'd jump on these right away.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Read now!!
Our Blitzway Ghostbusters shipment with be here on Monday. We now have limited spots open for 4-packs,3-packs and singles. These are sold out everywhere online but you now have an opportunity to get them before these few spots sell out. Very limited amount are now available. First come first serve. No holds and full payment will be required now.
4-pack special set $896.00
3-pack set $675
Peter Venkman $220
Raymond Stantz $230
Egon Spengler $225
Winston Zeddemore $225
Contact us: [email protected] or call or text to (909)772-8661. You can also pm us here on our page.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Bluefin is the official distributor in the USA, so Monday would seem pretty close to accurate, as they were suspected to arrive around the Thanksgiving holiday here in America. The only problem with that is logistics, mainly because of the holiday. If Bluefin can get these to retailers fast enough, quite a few people could possibly receive them by the end of November. However it’s going to be tough. I know Steve from time Walker was originally talking about flying out to California to ship straight from there, however I am not sure what the official plans are now unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefin is the official distributor in the USA, so Monday would seem pretty close to accurate, as they were suspected to arrive around the Thanksgiving holiday here in America. The only problem with that is logistics, mainly because of the holiday. If retailers can ship out fast enough, quite a few people could possibly receive them by the end of November. However it’s going to be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't mind the wait. I think either end of Nov or early Dec is when all of us would have it in hand.

One of the fiddliest bits of futzing I'm finding with these is blousing the suit legs over the boots. Something I've only started doing after taking the photo.

The boots are tight at the top, so if you pull the material up too much it takes a while pushing the legs back down in with a pair of flat nosed tweezers.

With Hot Toys' Jyn in Imperial disguise it was a simple matter of turning the elasticated hem inside out and tucking it down over the boot tops.

But because Venkman wears his suit over his boots all the outfits are tailored the same - and that's how they should be. The material is also quite stiff and has a memory of sorts. I think ultimately it could be a job for water treatment, but for now I've got them looking a bit more natural.

Did you get any custom charges?

Back