Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

All the faces are too wide and have a few extra scale ounces on them, but the likenesses are quite good (apart from Winston). If we took the time, I'm sure we could find 50 details per head that are off, like Venkman's eyebrows, but again, damn good likenesses overall. These aren't travesties like Hank Solo or Alex McGuinness.

You think the HT Obi is off ? Wow. I think it's one of the best.

I think I'm going with Pete as well. I just can't afford them all. I only need one to go with my custom slimer anyway.

Only Leia is salvageable of their already released OT human sculpts, IMO. I went with SSC Kenobi parts long after HT showed their version. The new stuff they showed at SDCC across all licenses is universally better and probably the best they've ever shown in one place along with being the highest number of reveals. Most sculpts could still use a few tweaks and they're all stylized, but there's absolutely no mistaking any likeness, even if the costumes and accessories are removed. Not in a million years would the same be true for Kenobi, Solo and Skywalker.

The sculptors HT employs definitely have the chops, but someone at the company is green-lighting a lot of work well before it's ready. It should be obvious to anyone that doesn't happen at Blitzway. And to me, it's why they're on a different level.

Hot Toys could also be suffering from too many deadlines and not getting the chance take as much time or as many passes as the smaller companies with fewer licensed properties.

Hot Toys could also be suffering from too many deadlines and not getting the chance take as much time or as many passes as the smaller companies with fewer licensed properties.

That doesn't explain why it seems they're getting better. :)

So interesting how we see all see these sculpts differently, I think the old Ben sculpt is one of the worst they've done in the last five years or so. the Indy sculpt is the only one worse

Their inconsistency kills me. If they were always off just a little I'd be ok with that and know what to expect in their products. But occasionally they'll nail a character 100% and it's near-universally loved and we want that level with every release.

Only Leia is salvageable of their already released OT human sculpts, IMO. I went with SSC Kenobi parts long after HT showed their version. The new stuff they showed at SDCC across all licenses is universally better and probably the best they've ever shown in one place along with being the highest number of reveals. Most sculpts could still use a few tweaks and they're all stylized, but there's absolutely no mistaking any likeness, even if the costumes and accessories are removed. Not in a million years would the same be true for Kenobi, Solo and Skywalker.

The sculptors HT employs definitely have the chops, but someone at the company is green-lighting a lot of work well before it's ready. It should be obvious to anyone that doesn't happen at Blitzway. And to me, it's why they're on a different level.

Leia is in the salvageable category? Seriously c'mon her likeness is one of the best mass produced human sculpts in existence. In my personal growing collection I would say leia is a close second to jack sparrow. Can you rattle off 5 mass produced human sculpts that you think are better? If you can it's a list i would like to see.

I do think it's all in the eyes of the beholder. But it annoys the hell out of me anyway when someone praise something that I think is so clearly off. Like all the guys thinking Wonder Woman is spot on. I don't know why it annoys me. It shouldn't matter. Hot Toys not gonna change it. And if some guy thing it's good, good for him.But deep down, in the pitch black darkness of my nerd belly, I rage

I do think it's all in the eyes of the beholder. But it annoys the hell out of me anyway when someone praise something that I think is so clearly off. Like all the guys thinking Wonder Woman is spot on. I don't know why it annoys me. It shouldn't matter. Hot Toys not gonna change it. And if some guy thing it's good, good for him.But deep down, in the pitch black darkness of my nerd belly, I rage

:lecture:exactly:

It really is in the eye of the beholder. There are scuplts i think are bad others think are great and scuplts i think are great that others think are bad. I never worry about others opinions on these things. All that matters is if i like it or not.

Leia is in the salvageable category? Seriously c'mon her likeness is one of the best mass produced human sculpts in existence.

Even though the sculpt is good, it's not by a long shot, at the top of an "all sculpts" list. It's still super idealized/stylized/simplified which is unfortunately HT's signature even when they get a good likeness. What I meant by salvageable is the figure as a whole. The gown is absolutely terrible, but the head sculpt and some serious futzing can make it work - better is to replace the dress. Contrast with Luke which has both a poor head sculpt and poor clothing - even the accessories are lack-lustre. Along with the body though, the accessories are the only thing I've kept from ANH Luke. Leia is still on my shopping list along with a replacement gown.

Can you rattle off 5 mass produced human sculpts that you think are better? If you can it's a list i would like to see.

This is going to be somewhat random...

HT's Don Vito, Blitzway's Carlito, Blitzway's Durdens, (these) Blitzway Ghostbusters (except Winston) even though they're all too wide/chubby, QMx's Kirk & Spock, Threezero's Heisenberg - I have to stop or I won't have time to make breakfast.

Last edited:

Even though the sculpt is good, it's not by a long shot, at the top of an "all sculpts" list. It's still super idealized/stylized/simplified which is unfortunately HT's signature even when they get a good likeness. What I meant by salvageable is the figure as a whole. The gown is absolutely terrible, but the head sculpt and some serious futzing can make it work - better is to replace the dress. Contrast with Luke which has both a poor head sculpt and poor clothing - even the accessories are lack-lustre. Along with the body though, the accessories are the only thing I've kept from ANH Luke. Leia is still on my shopping list along with a replacement gown.

This is going to be somewhat random...

HT's Don Vito, Blitzway's Carlito, Blitzway's Durdens, (these) Blitzway Ghostbusters (except Winston) even though they're all too wide/chubby, QMx's Kirk & Spock, Threezero's Heisenberg - I have to stop or I won't have time to make breakfast.

I don't disagree about Leia's dress being problematic and I can understand your complaints about the outfit and accessories which come with ANH Luke. I have the dx07 and everything about that set is higher quality. I still like the ANH Luke figure though, even with it's faults. I think it's safe to say your standards/collection requirements are higher than mine.

I did ask for 5 mass produced sculpts that are better though and half of the sculpts you mentioned aren't even released yet. I agree that the blitzway stuff look fantastic but ghostbusters hasn't even gone up for pre-order and there still is not a firm release date on the fight club set. So pictures of protos don't count. I don't own HT Vito or Blitzway carlito but I do think they look very nice in pics. I do own the Heisenberg figure and I like it but I would argue pretty strongly that the leia sculpt is better.

What a great job Blitzway has done here. I am in for the entire set. No need for the ecto, but can't wait to see it in these pages.

I did ask for 5 mass produced sculpts that are better though and half of the sculpts you mentioned aren't even released yet.

But I included 5 that have been in collectors' hands for a while, some for years. I could probably make a list 100 figures long, but why?

But I included 5 that have been in collectors' hands for a while, some for years. I could probably make a list 100 figures long, but why?

Why indeed :dunno. I'm going to go have some more coffee now.

here... Venkman looks like in this picture the most.

image.jpg

Back