Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

You-are-wrong-gif.gif
:clap

Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I'm starting to focus on how much these are going to cost, time to cancel some other pre orders I think!

Really wish I worked as a patent clerk.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Anyone have a rough idea when these will be available to preorder? I was going to get HT Harley and Joker but their prices are daft, if the four of these are around £800 I'd rather get these guys..

Yeah GB is a bit like Indy - it all seems exciting when a new movie is out, but there's ultimately not a very deep well of collectors for it like there is with SW or Marvel.

I don't believe that's the issue. It wasn't the issue with Indy, or with 66 Batman. There's enough collectors...but they can't spend a billion dollars in one year on a billion items coming from every company. Both of those licenses went from zero to 100 in 3 seconds, flooding the market with multiple formats, scales, styles...it's too much for the collector base to absorb at once. That same supply stretched out over a reasonable amount of time could have been handled, but it was too much too soon, and the supply simply overwhelmed the market. Companies then get scared, and all of a sudden there's no product again. I'm concerned that Ghostbusters is going to do the same.

Is this the one with the light up slimer? Or was that ss?

I've asked if collectables direct will be getting these or not but not had a reply yet, I'm going to need them all and more likely than not Ecto 1 too.
If CD aren't going to be able to supply, who is the best alternative for the uk buyer?

so I am considering getting one figure of the set... for me there is no doubt, if I get one, I get Venkman.

What are your opinions on likeness?

venkman copy.jpg

At first I was letdown by the sculpt, especially since Stantz and Zeddemore look so good. But I am now thinking it is a good likeness. Maybe the eyebrows could be better.

Do you guys expect the figure to be tweaked before release?

Also I am curious, any of you guys that has been able to see the figures at SDCC, did you realise if Venkman has the marks of acné on his cheeks? I thought it was a trademark of Bill Murray's looks.

The only other thing that I would like to see improved is the jumpsuit, and pot-belly. I think that can be done through futzing.

I think the likeness is pretty good. As for the futzing, what you mentioned is very easy. With my customs, I just added some cotton to their belly area to make the gut more pronounced.

I think the likeness is outstanding on all four.

I've asked if collectables direct will be getting these or not but not had a reply yet, I'm going to need them all and more likely than not Ecto 1 too.
If CD aren't going to be able to supply, who is the best alternative for the uk buyer?

I would imagine they will stock them, they have the fight club figs on there.. He probably doesn't know yet as nothing's been announced regarding release dates..

so I am considering getting one figure of the set... for me there is no doubt, if I get one, I get Venkman.

What are your opinions on likeness?

View attachment 281657

At first I was letdown by the sculpt, especially since Stantz and Zeddemore look so good. But I am now thinking it is a good likeness. Maybe the eyebrows could be better.

Do you guys expect the figure to be tweaked before release?

Also I am curious, any of you guys that has been able to see the figures at SDCC, did you realise if Venkman has the marks of acné on his cheeks? I thought it was a trademark of Bill Murray's looks.

The only other thing that I would like to see improved is the jumpsuit, and pot-belly. I think that can be done through futzing.

I love it, it's just I never thought Venkman as a pissed off guy in the franchise :dunno

I think the likeness is pretty good. As for the futzing, what you mentioned is very easy. With my customs, I just added some cotton to their belly area to make the gut more pronounced.

Even your signature photo proves that when everyone tries to look intense, Murray still wants to keep it fun with his expression :lol

Good call. I think this sculpt falls more in line with the pose they had all four guys in at SDCC. Wands drawn and shooting at Gozer.

Good call. I think this sculpt falls more in line with the pose they had all four guys in at SDCC. Wands drawn and shooting at Gozer.

Have to watch that scene again, not sure Peter was really looking intense at that moment

All the faces are too wide and have a few extra scale ounces on them, but the likenesses are quite good (apart from Winston). If we took the time, I'm sure we could find 50 details per head that are off, like Venkman's eyebrows, but again, damn good likenesses overall. These aren't travesties like Hank Solo or Alex McGuinness.

Back