Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Yeah, the streams will never fit inside a detolf, and even barely from a diagonal angle unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like i will be dropping the shelf down a few inches and point them up to a floating Slimer

Looks like i will be dropping the shelf down a few inches and point them up to a floating Slimer

You may need 1/6 chandelier for this too

Ouch...but those people had a point...I just took a look at my awesome Blitzway Durden and a picture of the Rainman version and I cannot imagine how I would have felt if I had spent $1500 on that one only to see KA Kim's version hit shelves for a fraction of the cost...guess that is what some of the Blitzway Venkman haters are truly going through right now...

I think the other big issue, is there are a lot of new collectors (and older ones with short memories), who don't seem to realize that the industry grows and improves every year. A figure that you bought 2 years ago, was probably the best version of that figure up until then. So it was praised and well-liked. But fast-forward a couple of years, and a new version of the figure comes out, and people talk about the old one being "garbage", etc.. And that includes customs.
So by the same token, any figure you buy today, as great as it might seem today, could potentially be surpassed by a new version a few years from now. It can be tough, but it's always important for collectors to remember why they loved/bought a figure in the first place.

I forget who, but a member here (IAT knows) made custom metal frame glasses for Tyler and a lot of guys picked them up, even though they weren't cheap, wouldn't be surprised if he does a run for Egon.

And the M8 Lemon. :lol
That was fullmetal. Davinator65 is his contact on the boards now I believe.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...stom-eyeglasses-metal-frame-plastic-lens.html

The Durden glasses were excellent, but you paid for what you got. I think it was around $75 for them. With Egon, basic, metal etched glasses would probably work fine, with no plastic inserts. Those are relatively cheap to do (Iminime did Walter White ones and only charged $10 a piece). But I'm not sure if anyone has the ability to do those on demand here. Here is how Walter's metal etched glasses looked.

fT1SLN5.jpg

Same here, was exactly going to do the same. The proton streams looks to good not to use.

Agreed, they do look like they would potentially be a nice touch.

Unfortunately...

Yeah, the streams will never fit inside a detolf, and even barely from a diagonal angle unfortunately.

This is what I'm concerned about and will likely be the case, especially if I have to stagger them, so it's probably that top image that I'll be basing my display on, just before Venkman yelled "Throw it!"

I think the other big issue, is there are a lot of new collectors (and older ones with short memories), who don't seem to realize that the industry grows and improves every year. A figure that you bought 2 years ago, was probably the best version of that figure up until then. So it was praised and well-liked. But fast-forward a couple of years, and a new version of the figure comes out, and people talk about the old one being "garbage", etc.. And that includes customs.
So by the same token, any figure you buy today, as great as it might seem today, could potentially be surpassed by a new version a few years from now. It can be tough, but it's always important for collectors to remember why they loved/bought a figure in the first place.

Sadly in most cases the reason you bought it was at the time it was the most accurate representation of the character...you take that away from it and there is a lot less to love...
Kind of reminds me of why I exited the world of video games in the late 90's early 2000's...felt like every time a new system or console came out it was made obsolete 5 months later...

I think a easy cheap display idea is a fish tank case and can display all 4 easy with full on stream's. I know while back i asked and posted blitzways repy toward doing Dana or Lewis or terror dogs and they simply replied no. A cheap alternative is the diamond select or neca version's or you can go pricey from chronicle at 500 bucks a pup.

The book templar look's like could be used for rooftop dio but im not sure of size tho.

They are coming to save the world......

5124517-ghost.gif

I think a easy cheap display idea is a fish tank case and can display all 4 easy with full on stream's. I know while back i asked and posted blitzways repy toward doing Dana or Lewis or terror dogs and they simply replied no. A cheap alternative is the diamond select or neca version's or you can go pricey from chronicle at 500 bucks a pup.

The Iron Studios Terror Dogs are great imo.

ISTerrorDogs.jpg

You may need 1/6 chandelier for this too

And a 1/6 table to break the chandelier's fall.

Sadly in most cases the reason you bought it was at the time it was the most accurate representation of the character...you take that away from it and there is a lot less to love...
Kind of reminds me of why I exited the world of video games in the late 90's early 2000's...felt like every time a new system or console came out it was made obsolete 5 months later...

Although with the GB, I don't foresee another full set of these guys being made again any time in the near future. There's the SS ones, sure, but as I mentioned, I think they pale in comparison to these based on SS's proto pics. M8 did have them listed when they released a list a few months back of the licenses they had acquired, but after the Lennon figure fiasco, who knows what to believe with them? HT obviously is swamped with SW, MCU and DCEU, so they're out. Perhaps BCS? But I don't see that happening with them, either. Any other company beneath those I think probably wouldn't beat the quality of these BW ones.

So they're not characters that constantly have new and improved renditions of them coming out each year, such as Iron Man, Captain America, Superman, Batman, etc. I think it's going to be a one and done with these guys for quite some time, so these are likely going to be your GB for a long time to come. Which is fine with me, because I think these things turned out great overall.

And a 1/6 table to break the chandelier's fall.

Although with the GB, I don't foresee another full set of these guys being made again any time in the near future. There's the SS ones, sure, but as I mentioned, I think they pale in comparison to these based on SS's proto pics. M8 did have them listed when they released a list a few months back of the licenses they had acquired, but after the Lennon figure fiasco, who knows what to believe with them? HT obviously is swamped with SW, MCU and DCEU, so they're out. Perhaps BCS? But I don't see that happening with them, either. Any other company beneath those I think probably wouldn't beat the quality of these BW ones.

So they're not characters that constantly have new and improved renditions of them coming out each year, such as Iron Man, Captain America, Superman, Batman, etc. I think it's going to be a one and done with these guys for quite some time, so these are likely going to be your GB for a long time to come. Which is fine with me, because I think these things turned out great overall.

I agree with everything here...this is the very reason that I actually decided to stop collecting Marvel Hot Toys figures...new movie each year meant upgraded head sculpt each year...even with unlimited money how many versions of Hawkeye can you possibly stomach displaying??? I think this is it for Ghostbusters and these figures are as good as I could ever hope to represent this film in my collection!

I agree with everything here...this is the very reason that I actually decided to stop collecting Marvel Hot Toys figures...new movie each year meant upgraded head sculpt each year...even with unlimited money how many versions of Hawkeye can you possibly stomach displaying??? I think this is it for Ghostbusters and these figures are as good as I could ever hope to represent this film in my collection!

:exactly:

A few years ago, the majority of my collection only consisted of the MCU, because that's pretty much all that was being made in the 1/6 scale world. Now with a lot of other stuff being made that frankly I have more of an emotional attachment to, space needs to be made and I think a good chunk of my MCU collection is going to go. I also have no interest in JL or IW stuff. I obviously only have one Reeve Superman and one West, Keaton and Bale Batman, so I don't need to start building an army of Cavill Supermans and Batflecks by having several renditions of them while only having one rendition of each of their predecessors of their respective characters. Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg I really have no emotional attachment to, so I don't see any pressing need to get those characters. After the TA WW, I don't see the need to start building an army of WWs, either.

I'd much rather leave the space open for stuff like these GB, Star Wars, Star Trek, BttF, James Bond, etc. Classic stuff of the past that I have more of an emotional attachment to, rather than future films. The only future film stuff I'd get at this point is SW, simply because I enjoy SW in general; partial to the OT of course, but it's all one big universe to me.

I have the full Ghostbusters collection of Iron Studios, the Terror Dogs, Louis and Slimmer are awesome.

20170830_160425.jpg
DSCN5343.JPG
DSCN5370.jpg

Wow. Louis looks spot on!

Been checking this thread daily for ages... preordered the three pack. Can't quite afford to go with Winston.
Going to try to pose them in something close to:
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 12.17.16 PM.jpg

I have the full Ghostbusters collection of Iron Studios, the Terror Dogs, Louis and Slimmer are awesome.

View attachment 372514
View attachment 372515
View attachment 372516

Very cool! I think the diamond select rooftop and firehouse build a set dio's would be very cool dio's to combine if did collect this line. The diamond select is 6 inch and these being 7.5 inches i read from big bad toys spec's it could work possibly as a good combo of dio with iron studio's. I loved the box style they went with and was hoping blitzways wouldve been similar but no oh well.

Also noticed the soldier storys still available for preorder at bbts so i guess not cancelled yet.

Wow. Louis looks spot on!

Been checking this thread daily for ages... preordered the three pack. Can't quite afford to go with Winston.
Going to try to pose them in something close to:
View attachment 372531

That'd be a cool display. I was looking at that one as well.

I initially started out with the 3-pack because I didn't want to spend close to $900 in one sitting, but I recently PO'd Winston individually to add to the 3-pack. I'd sell something else to afford him if I have to; I'm too big a fan of the GB films not to get all four of them and I had I feeling I would regret it later on if I didn't pick him up as well.

If you're going to stick with the 3-pack though, I would personally go for a Sedgwick Hotel display. That's what I was initially planning when all I had was the 3-pack on PO. I would do each of them in poses from when they each individually split up, or the scene where Ray and Egon turned around and fired at the housekeeping maid would be pretty funny as well, with Venkman in the middle and his hands on Ray and Egon.

Back