Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

If you get on a wait list pretty sure there's no NRD. They just tell you if it converts and charge the whole sum at that time.

Venkman_Final_15.jpg

That sculpt has Disney Princess eyes.

Feel's like He was put in Disney pixar mugshot lol. Have we seen Ripley with Pete yet or any Ghostbusters against any killers it is thursday the 12th....Kill ,kill,kill....

Yeah not only does that capture his thinner look in the movie, but the really pale and almost sickly pallor he had too.

I still have Snyderman's sculpt, so I think I might try painting it up and see how it compares. Venkman is the only one I'm getting so I won't have to worry about having an inconsistent look between figures.

Yeah, it's a superb sculpt by Trevor Grove - "feels" like Murray as much as looks like him. Doey eyes, slouched, bored smirk. I think that's the thing the BW sculpt is lacking most - any of Murray's attitude. The finished Hollywood Collectibles statue may have lackluster statue-style paint and thesculpt may be a touch caricatured, but it oozes Venkman and despite the shortcomings looks like its right out of the movie.

KzIomPV.jpg

And THAT was the custom sculpt I meant earlier - Snyderman, not Spenser. Interested to see what you come up with - I've never seen those sculpts (one is closed mouth, the other is open mouth) with a really stellar paint job. The ones on eBay look like silent movie stars with pancake make-up.:lol

I don't have the paint skills to make that open-mouth Snyderman sculpt really come to life, so it's the BW figure for me (well, figures - getting Ray also.)

I can see if you had the skills, you could use that Snyderman head, the best parts of the Matty outfits (they still hold up fairly well) with some of the much better "essential" BW parts and have a great Venkman that looks a bit better than the BW figure.

5b047c08d7d3cf63e3c09713af5bf62a.jpg
20f983875da03483f730882bb3f74e61.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

How dare you post pics showing that the figure looks like the actor. Lol. [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I like the figures. Just think the expressions are too serious. That could be due to the license.

How dare you post pics showing that the figure looks like the actor. Lol. [emoji869]

But when did Venkman stare thoughtfully into the distance? A neutral expression doesn't suit the character.

Wonderful review by the way. I never used to watch YT reviews but I've come to realise it's the only way to see what a figure will be like in hand. Thanks for your hard work.

Not a terrible likeness but that comparison shows murray's melon is kinda egg shaped and the blitz sculpt is a bit too round. I think most would agree ray and egon are the stars of the set in regard to likeness.

That said I am still happy to be getting all four of these guys.

But the figure has a furrowed brow. That still looks a little bewildered.

How dare you post pics showing that figure looks like the actor. Lol.

It also shows what it lacks - any of Murray's attitude or persona. The BW sculpt definitely has a decent dose of Murray in there (albeit a later, chubbier, older Murray,) but the likeness just isn't nailed the way Ray is - which to me is one of the best 1/6 heads I've seen in a while in likeness and expression.

Every second he's on screen, Venkman's full-on Bill Murray. The figure looks like he's lost in thought or zoned out which is so very NOT Bill Murray - the dead-stare kinda works for certain actors and characters, but Murray/Venkman to me needed some attitude. His trademark facial pockmarks and even some 5 o'clock shadow paint added to the existing sculpt might have helped though.

The others all seemed to get expressions that kind of suited (at least attempts were made, with varied success) whereas Venkman - the one who needed an expression the most to me - got left behind as coma-guy.

I'm still getting Venkman, but at this point I'm feeling like Ray will be the more foregrounded figure on display, with Venkamn partly hidden behind the walkie-talkie. I had really hoped Venkman would be one of those perfectly nailed headsculpts for a "standalone centerpiece" type display, but to me the Venkman head falls short for that type of display (but is certainly good enough for a "all four guys" type display where the focus is on the whole group, outfits and accessories/Slimer.) So I'm getting Ray to elevate Venkman.

To me that's not a coma guy neutral expression like what the figure has.

I think the Blitzway Murray is fine, its just not an expression that Murray uses as Venkman. But that has been said since the protoypes were first posted, so yacking about it now seems pointless. It won't change. If you really want to read into it, maybe its a "that's the one who slimed me" expression.

The best you could do with it is get a repaint and have the artist move the eyes slightly to one side to give him a more "where's the ghost?" look.

"When Bill Murray furrows his brow there is a 1 centimeter crease 1.2 inches above his left eye...on the figure it's scaled at 1.3 inches above his left eye!!!!...what a DISASTER!" Meanwhile on planet earth the picture clearly shows that the figure looks pretty much as close to Bill Murray as any 1/6 figure has looked to its source material.

Everyone is going to display them differently, and for what ever the purpose is you need. Once my Winston is repainted, it’s all gravy baby. Lol.

And THAT was the custom sculpt I meant earlier - Snyderman, not Spenser. Interested to see what you come up with - I've never seen those sculpts (one is closed mouth, the other is open mouth) with a really stellar paint job. The ones on eBay look like silent movie stars with pancake make-up.:lol

Looks like Rahmier painted one up a few years ago. The sculpt obviously doesn't have the subtle detail or skin texture, and the hair isn't the best, but it still feels a whole lot more like '84 Bill Murray to me.

gfghhjh (577x600).jpg
venk2.jpg

Same conversation, different figure release. :lol

And here's the final production sculpts for your 1/6 1984 Ghostbusters...

200.gif

How much time and money did you spend on your Mattel Ghostbusters, davejames?

I have my three still in their boxes. Never did get around to getting all the boots and belts, etc.

Didn't Venkman have a set of folded gloves to place on his belt? I actually still might use those for the Blitzway Venkman.

Back