Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I would pass entirely on GB2 figures. Only need one set, which I'd want it to be from the better, more iconic film.

Even though the too dark paint app on Winston ultimately wouldn't bother me in the end because he's required to round out the group and the likeness is still there, if they are indeed coming out with a second run of these, I suppose one could hope they lighten up the paint app a bit on Winston for the second batch and that would be the one to get. Other three are perfect as is.

Fantastic review, just finished up watching it in its entirety.

So they're making a second run of these? I suppose in that case, initially getting the 3-pack may have been a blessing in disguise. Even though the darker paint app on Winston is just a nitpick, I suppose it's always possible they may lighten it up a bit on a second run and that would be the better one to get.

Also, are the name patches on the boxes actual fabric? They looked like it to me.

Yep, they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the big elephant in the room that no one's talking about..Slimer is WAY under scaled. More 1/12 than 1/6. Slimers arms/hands are the same size as an adult humans - which is exactly what they were in the movie anyways. So now no worries in trying to pay a ridiculous amount for this since I can just use my Diamond Select one. The Winston glossy, peanut head issue..yes..but that tiny Slimer is craaaazy!

Slimer looked bad from the beginning. Personally for me it does not capture the "essence" of the onscreen character at all. What BW has given us is a green ghost with a big mouth. I think I would be more upset and make further comments if I was getting that set...but Im not.

Thanks for posting the pics, Richalot!:clap

The Venkman and Winston seem to be the weaker two of the set. Winston (ah-hem...) is the worst of those two obviously, but beyond his trademark hairline, the Murray likeness seems just-okay to me. It also doesn't have any of Venkman's edge or attitude. It's definitely still a nice head (in that HT way of not really nailing the likeness but making up for it in eerie-level realism,) but kind of middling and meh.:(

The Ray and Egon really seem to have come out better than the protos to me. They both looked slightly odd as protos, but they have really 100% delivered on the promise of high-end GB figs.:clap

I really only wanted Venkman (just don't have room for 4) so I'm a little bummed with the outcome - the Venkman proto had issues, but I was hoping it would be subtly transformed like Ray and Egon did.

Yeah I agree, Venkman and Zeddmore look like the weaker of the 4, but still pretty darn good. Venkman looks like a really bloated and fat Murray. However... I think if you try to extend the neck by pulling it out and not pushing it back in all the way through... it might be better. Compared to the proto pics, the neck seems shorter. Egon and Ray look amazing. Light up packs are also very cool. Can't wait to receive my 4 pack !

Oh, this review went right up on the new OLED in 4K goodness. Looks wonderful I Am Toys, great review! :clap Winston is not the best but the set is awesome! Ready to get mine from Timewalker as well. Halloween delivery would be amazing.

r9QlmUj.jpg

As IAT stated, the only quibble with Venkman is the sculpt looks a little too round and not slender enough. Very minor nitpick, but regardless, still does put it in my opinion as the penultimate weakest of the four. Which is saying a lot, because I do think it still turned out great.

I think it's fair to say the positives far outweigh any small negatives. I'll try and display Winston with as little direct light on his face as possible and hopefully minimise the shiny look. Slimer does look slightly undersized but I still like how he looks overall.

Do they stand okay without use of the stands even with the proton packs on? Ideally I like to free stand figures wherever possible.

Just dropped in....crap I missed a lot in 24hours. lol

Winston for sure looks lackluster compared to the proto, but I'll deal.

Off to watch the video!

Yeah I agree, Venkman and Zeddmore look like the weaker of the 4, but still pretty darn good. Venkman looks like a really bloated and fat Murray. However... I think if you try to extend the neck by pulling it out and not pushing it back in all the way through... it might be better. Compared to the proto pics, the neck seems shorter. Egon and Ray look amazing. Light up packs are also very cool. Can't wait to receive my 4 pack !

So... GBII Murray.

Overall , this is well worth the $896 price! Now time to Put up the Ecto-1 pre-order

Toys- I love the review! I will add though that personally I like the stands, as the legs kinda hide the stand a bit. Better than a center post IMO.

Last edited:

Some serious naysayers already for what are obviously VERY blown out pics.....those shots are totally washed out.....I don't know what he was shooting them under....halogens???? I am guessing that Winston Gloss look is all lighting.....I think the sculpt is there...its just so blown out from bad photography. You can tell its over lighted by how bright the suits are...

So much for steaming off the early picture panic.

Toys will clear it up with the 4K.....

This clearly falls under the "first bad pics" panic....as always....

And anyone who thinks Tyler was a failure need to have his eyes checked.....I like the final more that the proto......

We need some crappy phone pics so we can judge these fairly.

Toys....you sound so excited ....like a kid on Christmas morning...which is awesome. It great to hear the excitement in a fellow collector with such a huge release.

Couple of questions,

1. Do the traps light up? I saw a battery compartment and what looks like a power button?

2. How are Egon' glasses...durability wise?

3. Whats your feeling on slimer being undersized? He looks about the size of half a human body to me on film.....very similar the the scale shown.

THANK YOU so much for doing a review that hits everything it needs to with great video and editing. I share all your personal sentiments about the set as well...and are super excited to get them!

Also a big thank you for mentioning Steve and everything Timewalker has done with this release. They have ALL my business now. I am going to give Steve a ring tomorrow just to say Hi and thanks.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the stands were a bit wonky actually. It sounded like in the review, IAT was saying something about them attaching to the PP's? At least that's what it looked like.

Regardless, I'm personally going to put them on generic oval bases.

Congrats guys, looks like you have an amazing set of 4 figures headed your way.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Slimer looked bad from the beginning. Personally for me it does not capture the "essence" of the onscreen character at all. What BW has given us is a green ghost with a big mouth. I think I would be more upset and make further comments if I was getting that set...but Im not.

I can agree with this. Unfortunately Slimer has been bastardized for each iteration of Ghostbusters. He looked the best in the first film, and a poor copy for each successive film and cartoon.

This definitely went generic on him...

Wish we got this guy.....maybe time for me to sculpt again... Hint hint...
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least he doesn't look like this version:

slimer-bus.gif

Back