Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

The Venkman outfit frankly doesn't look much different than the one on my Mattel figure. Hopefully Blitzway will be able to make the suits look a bit more streamlined, and not have a bunch of stiff looking pockets sewed to the outside everywhere.

Why is the Soldier Story thread still locked and an apology not posted there for the locking and libel?

Again, I have it directly from Sony, in person, that Soldier Story are not licensed figures.

It is conceivable that a foreign office made the deal for a small region and main office Sony hasn't been informed yet. But unlikely.

We gotta stop de railing with Soldier Story stuff. Blitzway will do their reveal and it will be glorious

No way these are "bootlegs". I'm not buying that anymore. I want to see Blitzways asap now though. If not, i'm getting SS's Egon, Peter(in uniform, not that weird looking screaming one), and maybe even the Holtzman if I like the new movie.

Again, I have it directly from Sony, in person, that Soldier Story are not licensed figures.

It is conceivable that a foreign office made the deal for a small region and main office Sony hasn't been informed yet. But unlikely.

Do you have any contacts at Soldier Story that can shed some light on this?

We gotta stop de railing with Soldier Story stuff. Blitzway will do their reveal and it will be glorious

Then where else do we talk about these figures if the SS thread is locked? :dunno

Well, I think we can all agree that there's never been a case of licensing rights going to two companies at the same time - we've never seen that before, right?

Classic Star Trek. Moebius and QMX dropping figures of same characters, same scale, same time.

Now just to be clear, these are going to be the "Ghostbusters", correct? Not the movie recently released? Also, is Blitzway any good? I've actually been interested in a company making some quality Ghostbusters figures.

Edit: Just perused through the entire thread a bit. So Blitzway is the only one now that's going to be putting out these figures, SS didn't officially obtain the license?

The SS figures teased did look pretty decent, namely the Ghostbuster Venkman and the Spengler figure from the Ghostbusters II courtroom scene.

Whatever comes out of this, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. As I mentioned, I've been looking to add some quality GB figures to my collection for quite some time.

Now just to be clear, these are going to be the "Ghostbusters", correct? Not the movie recently released?

The Ecto-1 teaser uses a picture of the original car, so I'm sure the figures will be the original actors as well.

So Blitzway is the only one now that's going to be putting out these figures, SS didn't officially obtain the license?

No, it looks like Soldier Story has a license and is committed to bringing their product to market. No one knows anything about Blitzway's figures one way or the other because they haven't shown anything. They have excellent standards and hire quality artists and production facilities to complete their works, so if/when they release their own figures, I'm sure they'll be great.

The SS figures teased

They weren't teased, they're full-on being displayed and promoted at the various shows and conventions Soldier Story is attending (like right now as of this week).

The Ecto-1 teaser uses a picture of the original car, so I'm sure the figures will be the original actors as well.

That's what I figured. Just making sure, as classics tend to get buried in favor of newer things.

No, it looks like Soldier Story has a license and is committed to bringing their product to market. No one knows anything about Blitzway's figures one way or the other because they haven't shown anything. They have excellent standards and hire quality artists and production facilities to complete their works, so if/when they release their own figures, I'm sure they'll be great.

They weren't teased, they're full-on being displayed and promoted at the various shows and conventions Soldier Story is attending (like right now as of this week).

Gotcha. I meant the SS figures displayed look pretty decent.

Not really. It's more conceivable you weren't given the whole picture or the person you spoke to isn't privy to all the information. I'd think that even a limited regional license has to go through Sony's global consumer products division.

Better reach out to this guy, Mark Caplan, who oversees the whole enchilada (global licensing consumer products):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-caplan-765559

I'd take that guy's word as definitive.

From all the info we have so far, Soldier Story looks like just another licensee like over 40 other companies from Diamond Select to Mattel to Playmobil, Lego, Blitzway, etc. - even if their products are intended for a specific regional market segment.

With respect to threads here on the forum, I think shutting down the SS thread is doing a disservice to members, SS and Blitzway.

Last edited:

Just to add another derailer, why not, anybody get some ecto cooler mine just came in
2ynnxhv.jpg

I would if it weren't forty bucks a case online. How much for one can? lol

I paid 7 bucks for this whole case lol

Ha. Where did you find them? Walmart isn't carrying them here.

Been quite a long time since I've had Hi-C Ecto Cooler. I'm thinking grade school. :lol

Not really. It's more conceivable you weren't given the whole picture or the person you spoke to isn't privy to all the information. I'd think that even a limited regional license has to go through Sony's global consumer products division.

Better reach out to this guy, Mark Caplan, who oversees the whole enchilada (global licensing consumer products):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-caplan-765559

I'd take that guy's word as definitive.

From all the info we have so far, Soldier Story looks like just another licensee like over 40 other companies from Diamond Select to Mattel to Playmobil, Lego, Blitzway, etc. - even if their products are intended for a specific regional market segment.

With respect to threads here on the forum, I think shutting down the SS thread is doing a disservice to members, SS and Blitzway.

--

I agree.

The SS thread closure was a knee jerk reaction, but then again it was Dave's call.

So is Dave going to confirm the actual/factual details or simply let it be as is?

Again, it's his call.

As for BLITZWAY, I wonder if it is truly a 100% BLITZWAY endeavor or is it possible they may be partnering with DAM as they did with the UNIVERSAL SOLDIER figures?

Back