Blitzway 1/6 Forrest Gump

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all the official announced/photographed launches for Blitzway.... this one probably makes the most sense to launch.

I’d be shocked if they rather do those other ones vs a classic like Gump.

Platoon and Apocalypse Now are the peaks for me.

And Platoon. And Apocalypse Now! And Full Metal Jacket. And 84 Charlie MoPic. And Good Morning Vietnam. And Rescue Dawn. And Born on the Fourth of July. And The Odd Angry Shot. And We Were Soldiers. And Casualties of War. And Tigerland. And... Yeah, I can't agree. :lol

No, we don’t agree :lol. I forgot Apocalypse Now, great movie, but Forrest Gump’s Vietnam sequences hold their own amongst the rest of those movies imo. For me Half of Full Metal Jacket was good, but as a whole it’s a mess and Platoon’s characterisation is flat. Admittedly I haven’t seen Tigerland or The Odd Angry Shot.

I enjoyed Forrest Gump when I first saw it, but then started to loathe it and now I wanna punch it in the face.

Still dig Lt Dan though.

I'm glad someone views this the same way i do. I probably watched this a dozen times. The first few, loved it, then it went to its good, to ok, now i can't watch it. Lt. Dan is the most honest of the characters so i dig him. Its just one cliche after another.

I assume this isn't really happening then? With SDCC nearly over you'd have thought we'd have seen it by now if it was.

I assume this isn't really happening then? With SDCC nearly over you'd have thought we'd have seen it by now if it was.

ACGHK starts on Friday so they may have held back a few things for that...

I have zero doubts this and the Home Alone figures are in the works, they just might not be ready for a sdcc reveal.

It is indeed, it’s the reason for the Toy Fair exclusives

Hopefully we see more new stuff there but would there be much interest in this character or the rumoured Home Alone figures in Asia? If they were going to revealed soon I'd have thought San Diego made more sense.

Hopefully we see more new stuff there but would there be much interest in this character or the rumoured Home Alone figures in Asia? If they were going to revealed soon I'd have thought San Diego made more sense.

Very true, my suspicion is that they just haven’t got the prototypes ready yet (for either con)

I'm more interested in the fact that it's the first officially licensed Tom Hanks figure. It would be incredible if he allowed his likeness for a licensed Captain Miller figure down the line too.

"Hi Blitzway during SDCC Forrest gump license was shown on sideshows website can you confirm you have the license?"

"It is not fixed yet, and we are still working on it,
Thanks"

No, we don’t agree :lol. I forgot Apocalypse Now, great movie, but Forrest Gump’s Vietnam sequences hold their own amongst the rest of those movies imo. For me Half of Full Metal Jacket was good, but as a whole it’s a mess and Platoon’s characterisation is flat. Admittedly I haven’t seen Tigerland or The Odd Angry Shot.

Eh, well staged at times but yet another "60's hit every five minutes" soundtrack that Vietnam movies always seem to HAVE to have over every scene. Doors opener aside, Apocalypse Now at least didn't go crazy in that regard. I get it, it's music of the era, but it got to be so cliche that it took me out of movies and Forrest Gump was probably the one where I went "enough already" because it was so egregious. It undercuts the realism for me.

So is this figure just speculation?

They don't make Forrest Gump and they make Black from School of Rock.:slap:lol

Eh, well staged at times but yet another "60's hit every five minutes" soundtrack that Vietnam movies always seem to HAVE to have over every scene. Doors opener aside, Apocalypse Now at least didn't go crazy in that regard. I get it, it's music of the era, but it got to be so cliche that it took me out of movies and Forrest Gump was probably the one where I went "enough already" because it was so egregious. It undercuts the realism for me.

...yeah true. Tour of Duty was peak Vietnam soundtrack for me, nearly ruined Paint it Black.

Back