BLITZWAY - 1/6 Carlito's Way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say the same thing about he beer :lol. No it's true they aren't super heros so you can get away with not having them in the most dynamic pose but at the same time, Tony can't even reach for his gun in the holster properly (or naturally). I get why you'd use single joints with sculpted arms when the character has short sleeves, but there was no real reason to limit articulation in this case.

Not that it's such a big deal. The figure is fantastic but the elbow joints are still note worthy

I personally think the Blitzway body is fine. I mean, what exactly is it that you want the figure to do!? This is Al Pacino, not Bruce Lee. Tony Montana and Carlito Brigante were hardly what you'd call action roles.

This is only their second proper figure and I think they deserve to be cut some slack.

:exactly:

While people here moan about the bodies other guys are paying north of $65 to get this on Grimes. :dunno

While people here moan about the bodies other guys are paying north of $65 to get this on Grimes. :dunno

Really!?

If it suits Andrew Lincoln's stature and looks good with his clothes then fair play to them. I guess it works better for some than it does others.

Besides, if you had a choice between R & D and tooling a new body, or hiring Arnie Kim to do your sculpts, what would you do!?

No moaning here, I was just wondering if I was seeing him wrong.

Unless something amazing and unexpected happens, I'll fight for his "Figure of the Year" status. An outstanding figure.

As a caveat though, I still think the BW bodies have chimp arms. Something for them to look at in the future.

Hmm, I suspect the top ten for 'Figure of the Year' will be locked out by HT Iron Men!

Maybe Al Pacino has chimp arms!? Mind you I doubt anyone would dare tell him so!

Really!?

If it suits Andrew Lincoln's stature and looks good with his clothes then fair play to them. I guess it works better for some than it does others.

Besides, if you had a choice between R & D and tooling a new body, or hiring Arnie Kim to do your sculpts, what would you do!?

Umm...I'm supporting BW and the product they've put out. I really don't think the body is an issue at all. On a side note if you didn't mis-understand my comment, to answer your question I'd take my chances with Kim anyday.

No moaning here, I was just wondering if I was seeing him wrong.

Unless something amazing and unexpected happens, I'll fight for his "Figure of the Year" status. An outstanding figure.

As a caveat though, I still think the BW bodies have chimp arms. Something for them to look at in the future.

Is it really that prominent or is that nit-picking ? I don't own the figure but I'd really like to know how bad this is.

Oh, right, on reading it again, I think I get where you were coming from now, it wasn't the same people that were complaining that were buying the body for Rick.

Anyway, I think the proportions of the figure are fine myself. They'll probably only do another body style if they do a figure other than Pacino.

Oh, right, on reading it again, I think I get where you were coming from now, it wasn't the same people that were complaining that were buying the body for Rick.

Anyway, I think the proportions of the figure are fine myself. They'll probably only do another body style if they do a figure other than Pacino.

Coming to thing of it , the fact that HT didn't revolutionize it's bodies for a really long time, the only two possibilities about re-using the same are :
A. R&D cost
B. Priority

BW doesn't have a rep. who comes out to represent them publicly so I guess we'd never know. What do you think ?

I think it probably is down to cost. I'm sure a guy as talented as Arnie Kim doesn't come cheap. Thing is though, Arnie can design bodies too, he developed the early BL bodies for Enterbay so he could maybe save them a little with R&D as he'd be a 2for1 deal.

Whatever they come out with next I'm sure it'll be incredible

That's something I missed. I never knew he helped develop the EB bodies.

And yeah I'm looking forward to see what they put out next. I might even get this one if I all goes well.

Well I'm sure he developed the BL-1 and may have had a hand in subsequent BL bodies.

There is talk of a BW Bruce statue, so, maybe they'll get round to a figure or two too. Hopefully after a Vince Hanna, Serpico and Michael Corleone.

I Love the figure but i too am not the biggest fan of the arms but it in no way affects my love for this figure. I noticed it on their scarface when i got it last year that his arms are rather skinny. Though then again him and carlito will always have their suit/jacket on which makes it look fine IMO.

Double joint doesn't bug me as someone mentioned they don't need to do dramatic action poses.

a figure that can't touch its own face is a crying shame ~ that's all. why give him a beer if he can't even raise it to his lips?

he'll be thirsty forever. sad.

: D

I don't really get this post why would he need to touch his own face in a pose?

Looks pretty damn good to me in this pose with the bottle. It would look a bit awkward posing it with him in the middle of taking a drink. Hence why the no double joints doesn't annoy me too much
Carlito1.jpg

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to cover that amazing head sculpt with a beer bottle? I wouldn't even dare put on his shades. The sculpt and tailoring more than overcompensates for the arms IMHO. Just a real keeper of a masterpiece here.

well...play with them, of course: they're toys!

: D

though i admit i am less inclined to play much with carlito since he's kinda precious. but my other toys get a lot of playtime.

I would say that the design was so they could get more realistic tailoring, all the clothes fit really well and hang just right.

Should they do another figure of someone else with a different body type then we'd see some differences. If they do another Al it's highly likely they'll go with this body again. It works for the type of characters Al plays.

Have to say blitzway are a great company, my carlito bracelet came apart, so I thought I would give blitzway an email and what do you know they are sending me a new one, all they asked for was a picture now they have saved me £20 buying another one on eBay, love these guys can't wait to see there next release

Back