BLADE RUNNER please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been discussed before, but not in this new forum.
I'd like to see some kick-ass Blade Runner 12" done by SSC. I know there are licence issue's but one may dream, right? I think there are enough protagonists to make this a very attractive line, to Blade Runner fans (who will be all over this line I bet!) and 12-inch collectors alike.

The Blade Runner
- Rick Deckard

The Replicants
- Rachael
- Roy Batty
- Pris
- Leon Kowalski
- Zhora

The Police Force
- Captain Bryant
- Gaff
- Holden

Tyrell Corporation
- Eldon Tyrell
- J. F. Sebastian
- Hannibal Chew

J. F. Sebastian's Toys
Bear
Kaiser

Others
Taffey Lewis
Abdul-Ben Hassan

Since a new DVD is planned, I wonder if this might actually be possible. I don't think any movie has ever gotten such an extensive line as wished for above, but certainly Ford, Hauer, Hannah, Sanderson and Olmos would sell due to their continuing poplarity in subsequent roles. There've been so many unauthorized Deckard figures, and they seem to sell.

But none of the Deckard sculpts has truly captured the essence of what Ford said when asked about the way his hair was cut for the role. He said, "It was a mistake."

Gruff Old Bear said:
I don't think any movie has ever gotten such an extensive line as wished for above, but certainly Ford, Hauer, Hannah, Sanderson and Olmos would sell due to their continuing poplarity in subsequent roles. ...
Bear, you know how it is: if you really want 10%, you've got to ask for 20%! :D Also, let's not forget Brion James ("Wake up! Time to die!"). He played in numerous big pictures.

I would be on for all of those Blade Runner figures in 1/6 scale. I'm actually listening to Los Angeles 2019 right now. :)

angelesFront.jpg

I would love some well-made 1/6 Blade Runner figures! I have the Android Hunter which is serviceable... but he could definitely be done way better by the fine folks at Sideshow!

You know where I stand.

From what I've read, I thought the licensing issues had been cleared up. That's why the DVD is being reissued on Tuesday, and the 3 disc set is finally coming next year. Maybe they're waiting for the 25th anniversary next year to make an announcement. Or I could be totally wrong.

Batty said:
... Maybe they're waiting for the 25th anniversary next year to make an announcement. Or I could be totally wrong.

If "they" = SSC, I can only support that wish! For what it's worth, Blade Runner is currently leading in the poll on their site.

PS: we are to far to cultured to start a crusade for this right? :rolleyes:

Alice Adrenochrome said:
If "they" = SSC, I can only support that wish! For what it's worth, Blade Runner is currently leading in the poll on their site.

PS: we are to far to cultured to start a crusade for this right? :rolleyes:
It would be nice if the poll was an indication of what SS is planning... But I doubt it.

Crusade? I'll just keep my fingers crossed instead. :monkey1

Hey Alice! I didn't think anyone else would be a Brion James fan. The guy was great in "Southern Comfort" and then in "The Player." Seemed to be breaking out in a big way when he died. Way, way too soon.

All the replicant escapees would be cool. Yeah, Joanna Cassidy exits early and has just a small role in the picture, but what a great looking figure.

Gruff Old Bear said:
Hey Alice! I didn't think anyone else would be a Brion James fan. The guy was great in "Southern Comfort" and then in "The Player." Seemed to be breaking out in a big way when he died. Way, way too soon.

All the replicant escapees would be cool. Yeah, Joanna Cassidy exits early and has just a small role in the picture, but what a great looking figure.

"Tortoise? What's that?" Poor Leon.

Count me in as a Brion James fan. He was one of those actors who you saw in everything, but didn't know his name. He did a ton of television shows.

And Joanna Cassidy would need to come with a snake.

Just came about a memorable quote of Leon in Tricky's song 'Aftermath' (CD Maxinquaye):

"I'll tell you about my mother."

Check it out!

Yes that Brion James... Loved him in 'The Fifth Element'.

I would stop collecting Star Wars and start buying Blade Runner Premium Format figures if Sideshow would make them. I love my EXTENSIVE PF collection but lately I have been looking at it and thinking about what is missing. There are so many great opportunities for Blade Runner. And while I am at it, for Mad Max also. I just got the 1:16 scale car at Monsters in Motion and it was well worth the money. A PF of Max from Road Warrior would be an amazing piece. Anyway, I would buy the entire Blade Runner line - every figure.

Back