Blade Runner blaster from Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely stunning. And I like the packaging. I think it's pretty well done considering it's not an official piece.

When I saw the topic, I clicked on it and thought, "why not? I haven't gotten anything in a while. I think I'll indulge myself!"

Then I saw the price. :thud:

Unfortunately, it's about $800 more than I'd be willing to spend. Very very cool though.

This looks outstanding,. If iwere rich or a bigger fan of the film i'd be getting this for sure

I have the Tomenosuke Blaster in my collection and, after owning two Sidkits, two Coyle's and one Hartford (as well as an Offworld), I can unequivocally say that the Tomen is the most accurate, well-designed piece to date. When you get the piece, which comes with a detailed document describing the extensive research that went into designing it, you'll understand. It is, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from the original blaster, save for the use of plastic on the barrel per Japanese laws. I'm not a big "hardware" guy, but I am a firearm collector and this piece literally feels like you're holding a modified Charter Bulldog. The mechanics and action are all machined, unlike every other iteration of the Blaster, and it shows in form and function.

For the record, I agree this is pricey, but it's also a very very complex piece.

Gorgeous. I am very tempted. It would have been nice however for it to come with some sort of transparent presentation case.

I have the Tomenosuke Blaster in my collection and, after owning two Sidkits, two Coyle's and one Hartford (as well as an Offworld), I can unequivocally say that the Tomen is the most accurate, well-designed piece to date. When you get the piece, which comes with a detailed document describing the extensive research that went into designing it, you'll understand. It is, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from the original blaster, save for the use of plastic on the barrel per Japanese laws. I'm not a big "hardware" guy, but I am a firearm collector and this piece literally feels like you're holding a modified Charter Bulldog. The mechanics and action are all machined, unlike every other iteration of the Blaster, and it shows in form and function.

For the record, I agree this is pricey, but it's also a very very complex piece.

Do you have the metal Coyle v.2? That's what I have it looks pretty close to this.

Do you have the metal Coyle v.2? That's what I have it looks pretty close to this.

I have and sold Richard's most recent interation. It is very very nice, but has a "hand made" look to it, even when completed by someone such as myself who has built 6 or so metal blasters. The Tomenosuke looks and feels like a production weapon - literally like something off of a Smith and Wesson assembly line. The fit and finish are perfect in every way, from the cylinder system to the trigger pull and the retractable bolt, everything is tight and clicks tight into place.

This looks fantastic, thanks for posting Dave. I've always wanted a great 'pre-built' replica of the PKD but would have hoped for it to come in at around the $350 range. This one at over $1000 has priced me out. :monkey2

Looks great ...not even sure I could legally bring this into Australia.

You can't, at least without getting the required permits anyhow (which slightly differ by state last time I checked). I know of too many collectors who had their Master replicas blasters and even G1 Megatron re-issues stopped, and in some cases destroyed, due to not having the proper paperwork ahead of time. And that paperwork is a pain to get these days, particularly in some states.

Plus, as it is over the $1000 (tax free) cap for imports, there is no chance at all that it will sneak by customs. Too much money to risk trying anyhow.

Last edited:
You can't, at least without getting the required permits anyhow (which slightly differ by state last time I checked). I know of too many collectors who had their Master replicas blasters and even G1 Megatron re-issues stopped, and in some cases destroyed, due to not having the proper paperwork ahead of time. And that paperwork is a pain to get these days, particularly in some states.

Plus, as it is over the $1000 cap for imports, there is no chance at all that it will sneak by customs. Too much money to risk trying anyhow.

Great info, thanks!

They will probably try and sell the case for it separately at extra cost like they did with the Batmobile and the cocoon.

Great info, thanks!

If you do want to collect this kind of thing, check the customs website for the latest data sheet, that will tell you who you need to contact in your state (usually the police), what paperwork you need to get from them, what measurements (if any) need to be applied in terms of securing the items in the home (some states are far more strict about this kind of thing than others, despite these only being non firing collectibles), and so on.

Personally I found it all too much of a damn hassle, but once you've jumped through the hoops, all you need to then do is renew the permit/license periodically if you want to keep importing new (restricted) items. Some gun collectibles are apparently fantasy based enough (i.e. they don't look anything like a real gun) that they can get by customs without restriction or without requiring a license/permit, however these are pretty much all judged case by case, and you are ultimately relying on the decision of the random custom official who happened to get your package to make that call, so it is always best to have the required license/permit paperwork just in case. As, again, many g1 Megatron re-issue importers sadly found out a couple years back.

Also, it is important to note that different types of collectible weapons can require different/seperate licenses/permits to import, for example gun type collectibles versus bladed collectibles, and some bladed stuff you can import without restriction, while other categories are licensed, and some outright banned from import, it's all rather convoluted really. Things also change over time, and from government to government, so best to keep a semi-regular check on these things too, if you do start down that path.

Again, just find the current and appropriate datasheet on the customs website about the type of item you wish to import, and then follow on from there.

Last edited:
I have and sold Richard's most recent interation. It is very very nice, but has a "hand made" look to it, even when completed by someone such as myself who has built 6 or so metal blasters. The Tomenosuke looks and feels like a production weapon - literally like something off of a Smith and Wesson assembly line. The fit and finish are perfect in every way, from the cylinder system to the trigger pull and the retractable bolt, everything is tight and clicks tight into place.

i would agree with this assessment. i have both the latest coyle version and the Tome version. both have different qualities - the Tome is what the Blaster would look like new, while the Coyle version has the wear and tear and use on it. since the movie did use 2 different versions throughour production, it is up to each person to have what they prefer to have as a prop. both version are lovely in their own way, and since Blade Runner is in my top 5 movies list of all time, I wanted both versions. plus, i love the feel and weight of a prop like this - they both feel real. maybe i will get a few of both side by side and post them here if people want. i do agree that a covered display case would be nice for both - can someone point me to a current display case link for ideas?

i also have the QMx Warehouse 13 tesla prop on the way, which i have been told is beautiful and the fila version will be shown at SDCC. i am looking forward to it!!!

I have the latest all-metal Coyle version, and I love it. But I understand what people are talking about. His has more of a hand-made/beat up look and doesn't look like a mass-manufactured straight off the assembly line gun. It's almost like it was a cobbled-together custom piece. But that's not an insult to the Richard Coyle's workmanship at all. It's probably one of the most impressive props in my collection. And it's a CANNON. So heavy.

The Tomenosuke looks cleaner and sleeker as others have said. And for those of you who haven't handled one of these, it's a complicated piece. Lots of separate and movable parts, which will drive the price up. Add in the electronics, and you can see why the price is so high. Perhaps Cinemaquette upped the price to make a bit of profit, but from what I've seen, the Tomenosuke is worth the price. I'd try and pick it up if I could afford it. Maybe in the future if the secondary market hasn't jacked up the price.

Did anybody order this from HCG ?

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/tomenosuke/

I guess this is supposed to be the best version yet ...

a photo...but not final photo..

tomenosuke1.jpg

Back