Black & White Friday 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my wants list ready to go, but I knew it'd be just a pipe dream that they'd put some good stuff on sale, like dios and PFs. So I bought nothing and instead bought my SLR digital camera and telephoto lens I've been holding off for an entire year to purchase. Thanks Sideshow! :)

I had my wants list ready to go, but I knew it'd be just a pipe dream that they'd put some good stuff on sale, like dios and PFs. So I bought nothing and instead bought my SLR digital camera and telephoto lens I've been holding off for an entire year to purchase. Thanks Sideshow! :)

I'm in the market for a new lens. What specs did you get?

I'm in the market for a new lens. What specs did you get?

I bought the Canon T1i with the 55-250 mm zoom lens. The retailer I bought them from offered nice rebates on both the camera and lens. I was going to get the T2i, but doesn't seem to offer significant upgrades in features for the extra money.

I bought the Canon T1i with the 55-250 mm zoom lens. The retailer I bought them from offered nice rebates on both the camera and lens. I was going to get the T2i, but doesn't seem to offer significant upgrades in features for the extra money.

I got the T1i and love it!! :rock (Good choice and agree about that vs. the T2i. The differences just aren't there, IMO.)

Congrats. I've got the kit lens and bought a fixed focal length telephoto lens for portraits, but am looking for another telephoto lens for collectibles.

I got the T1i and love it!! :rock (Good choice and agree about that vs. the T2i. The differences just aren't there, IMO.)

Congrats. I've got the kit lens and bought a fixed focal length telephoto lens for portraits, but am looking for another telephoto lens for collectibles.

Thanks! :) I can't wait to start using it. Post which lens you go for. I'm curious. This is a starter kit for me and I plan to add on later on down the road.

Congrats on the new camera, choopie! The T1i is a great choice. I do disagree (just a bit) about there being no difference between the T1i and the T2i, though. I'd rather phrase it as the differences not being important to you.

For me, the improvements in metering, HD video support, and especially the increased exposure compensation make the T2i my camera to shoot for (no pun intended ;)). I hope to upgrade my XSi to a T2i early next year.

Back