Black/Red Spidey Shipping Charge to Canada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napoleoncdn

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I consider myself one of the lucky ones that were able to order the black/red spiderman PF but I just received my invoice which includes shipping and I am shocked at how much shipping is to Canada. They charged me $88 for shipping! The statue is not even that heavy. Has anyone else ordered this statue in Canada? and have you been charged the same amount for shipping as well?

NN

I'm in canada and the shipping charges from Sideshows sux....thats not all,I dont know if its your first time ordering directly from Sideshow but there will also be some customs fees to pay when the postman will deliver it to your door....expect to pay another 60-70$ more at your door... The customs charged me 90$ more directly at my door when I ordered the gray hulk dio....yeah,dat sux.

wow thats like buying direct from sideshow but paying ebay prices! :monkey1

$88!?!?

Yikes, that does not bode well for me in Hawaii, either. Must be the size of the box. I've been lulled into thinking the shipping charges were going down because my last two PF orders, 7 of 9 and Leia, were only in the mid $30's, but those boxes were nice and compact.

They ship 2nd day FedEx to us in Hawaii. How do they ship to Canada?

Sorry to hear about the customs and all, that part really sucks. :monkey4

I used to get items from Sideshow all the time but they were LOTR busts and statues so shipping was in the $20-$40 range. I expected a higher shipping charge due to the bigger box but $88 seems crazy. Maybe for a PF like Grevious but not spidey.

Polystoner, I am not sure what the service is called but it usally takes three business days to get the item.

NN

Polystoner said:
$88!?!?

Yikes, that does not bode well for me in Hawaii, either. Must be the size of the box. I've been lulled into thinking the shipping charges were going down because my last two PF orders, 7 of 9 and Leia, were only in the mid $30's, but those boxes were nice and compact.

They ship 2nd day FedEx to us in Hawaii. How do they ship to Canada?

Sorry to hear about the customs and all, that part really sucks. :monkey4

I really do not understand the logic in having to ONLY ship 2nd day FedEx. That is just riddiculous IMO. Sideshow should seriously reevaluate the way that they ship things to Hawaii and stop treating us like we are an international country or something.

nash said:
I really do not understand the logic in having to ONLY ship 2nd day FedEx. That is just riddiculous IMO. Sideshow should seriously reevaluate the way that they ship things to Hawaii and stop treating us like we are an international country or something.

Nash how do you want them to send it? Fedex Ground? Wouldn't it get kinda wet when they drive on the bottom of the Pacific.:lol

I think Air is the only option FedEX and UPS have. The only other option is USPS. Unless you want is shipped on the boat and have it take a month.

Just take it as one of the downsides to living in paradise. I would trade cheap shipping for living in HI.

MF, of course FedEx by air but NOT 2day air. Thats basically sending it express which is unnecesarry!

All my stuff that Ive ordered from Master Replicas are sent FedEx Ground which takes about a week and half, not 2day air. so it is possible, trust me.

noelleon69 said:
i thought you lived in north dakota chad :rolleyes:

heheh Noel! Good to see ya around! Well, technically I am living in North Dakota but im only here to finish college. I've been up here for the past year, and I graduate and move back to Hawaii next May :cool: Cant wait!

napoleoncdn said:
I consider myself one of the lucky ones that were able to order the black/red spiderman PF but I just received my invoice which includes shipping and I am shocked at how much shipping is to Canada. They charged me $88 for shipping! The statue is not even that heavy. Has anyone else ordered this statue in Canada? and have you been charged the same amount for shipping as well?

NN

You should probably contact customer service and ask about that shipping rate. If you check the Sideshow site,

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin...y=ca_ship&source=leftnav&kw=CANADIAN_SHIPPING

the shipping estimates don't get anywhere near $88.
It's been a while since I've had anything shipped to me from Sideshow and the parcels have not been big, but $88 might be a mistake.

Hi Guys - Sorry for the confusion!

The Canadian shipping costs are based on dimensional weight which we updated last week. We informed everyone in the newsletter and in their online accounts. We have updated the page referenced in this thread to match.https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=ca_ship

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=SHIPI&item=SHIPI0210

We prefer to send Fed Ex international economy air because the rate is similar and the delivery is quicker.

However, you can choose Fed Ex ground, but must contact us with that request. You will save money but it will take more time, which Sideshow has no control over. Please note that Fed Ex ground bills you afterwards for your taxes.

Many customers have refused to pay their taxes for this bill sent afterwards. Please note that if you refuse to pay the bill, then Fed Ex returns it to Sideshow Collectibles. Once we receive it, we have to and will immediately charge your card on file for the outstanding balance due to your government. If you attempt to avoid paying the taxes or if your card declines and the tax bill remains outstanding, then your account will be closed with us immediately.

We ask that everyone contact their customs office to get an idea of the amount of taxes to be assessed. If the amount is too high, then please cancel your item before it is shipped. Hopefully, this new ground option will save our customers some money on the shipping costs!

Hawaii can also request ground services to save money. However, if there is no request we will ship our default method of Air.

Best,
C

Hi Chicky,

I have not received the Spiderman PF yet so I cannot say how big the package is but according to the list that you have just provided, General Grievous would cost $86 to ship to Canada. I do not think that the Spiderman PF would be the same size as the Grievous yet I was charged more for shipping. This is why I am questioning the shipping cost. I have noticed in the past that Sideshow has sent items in packages that were way too large and that unnecessarily increase the shipping cost. I understand that the parcel size (brown box) is chosen to minimize damage to the box/statue but when the brown box is double the size of the product box I think that is too excessive.

As for the taxes and duties I know what to expect since I have ordered from you before. It is just the shipping costs that I was having trouble understanding how they are determined.

Chicky said:
Hawaii can also request ground services to save money. However, if there is no request we will ship our default method of Air.

Best,
C

Wow! Chicky was this recently implemented? Because I was told a few months ago that 2 day air is the ONLY way to ship to Hawaii so I basically had to eat the high shipping charge, which by the way was $36 in shipping just for a 12" figure!

This is good to know I will call CS tomorrow and change this default option. Thank you thank you!

Ho, brah, shipping of this thing to Hawaii is $105! Ha! Need to request cheaper shipping next time. Didn't know I could do that. Thanks for the heads up Chicky.

But having lived for 20 years on the mainland, and now back in Hawaii, I really do just consider it the cost of "living in paradise."

Polystoner said:
Ho, brah, shipping of this thing to Hawaii is $105! Ha! Need to request cheaper shipping next time. Didn't know I could do that. Thanks for the heads up Chicky.

But having lived for 20 years on the mainland, and now back in Hawaii, I really do just consider it the cost of "living in paradise."

hooooooooooo dude thats nutz. I'd be irate :p

Pitchin your sig rules! Seeing Italia win though was awesome for me, :)

Polystoner said:
Cool head, main t'ing.

Alas, mine will not ship till after Thanksgiving. What a drag. :monkey2
Maybe they can still change the shipping then.

Back