Black Queen.. Am I being too picky?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black cat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I took a flashlight to her and noticed the cape had paint issues where the black ends and the red begins, it kinda mixes and you can see the red in the black and also the base is not completely black and has some of the brown brick color in it. Am I being too picky? I really don't want to send her back so take a look and let me know and there is a tiny scratch on her cape.

Well if it was me, I wouldn't send her back for a couple small issues like that. I'm looking forward to getting her so much that it would have to be a major problem for me to send it back.

In the end though it all comes down to you. If it really bothers you that much when you look at her, then you might want to send her back. Honestly though, I've learned by now that no piece is ever gonna be without some kind of small flaw. It's very rare to get an absolutely perfect statue. Good luck in your decision. :)

Well if it was me, I wouldn't send her back for a couple small issues like that. I'm looking forward to getting her so much that it would have to be a major problem for me to send it back.

In the end though it all comes down to you. If it really bothers you that much when you look at her, then you might want to send her back. Honestly though, I've learned by now that no piece is ever gonna be without some kind of small flaw. It's very rare to get an absolutely perfect statue. Good luck in your decision. :)

I hate sending stuff back, I took her into the brightest room in the house and I couldn't see those when in that room that bad. I was using a LED flashlight, could that have been it?

Somebody once told me that collecting becomes a pain if you get that knit picky... Best advice I ever got in the collecting world. Don't send it back, get over it. It wont bother you in the future if you dont let it

I hate sending stuff back, I took her into the brightest room in the house and I couldn't see those when in that room that bad. I was using a LED flashlight, could that have been it?
Yeah if you were using an LED flashlight, that can really bring out things you wouldn't notice normally.

My motto is, if I can't see any flaw or anything wrong with my statues while they are on display under my normal lighting, then it really isn't worth going through the hassle of returning it. There's always the risk of getting another one with an even bigger flaw too.

Somebody once told me that collecting becomes a pain if you get that knit picky... Best advice I ever got in the collecting world. Don't send it back, get over it. It wont bother you in the future if you dont let it

Good advice, I got over Rogue's tiny scratch on her hood and I could only see it with the LED flashlight. Thanks guys! I started freaking out when I was up close with that light and seen all that.

I try to never look super close to any of my statues because I don't wanna see something like that then if I don't know it's there I won't b bothered :lol although I've been pretty lucky with all my pieces as well.

I used an LED flashlight to look over my iron spiderman and saw scratches that couldn't be viewed under normal lighting. I didn't send it back.

I used an LED flashlight to look over my iron spiderman and saw scratches that couldn't be viewed under normal lighting. I didn't send it back.

ok that makes me feel a lot better now, I'm not worried about them anymore. I should have known that if I can't see them with my own eyes it shouldn't bother me lol

I try to never look super close to any of my statues because I don't wanna see something like that then if I don't know it's there I won't b bothered :lol although I've been pretty lucky with all my pieces as well.

...also don't shine any high intensity light on your stuff, everything looks like crap under that light.

too picky! lol
if you have to shine a special light to see it, shouldn't be a problem
my poor gaped armed BQ though.... :(

I really can't even see the black and red imperfection on the cape. I tried but I just see it in the photos.

u should see my Rogue!.....looked like someone came all over her when I did the LED flashlight test!........don't even make me start with Mystique!
onion_gifs_emoticons-23.gif

too picky! lol
if you have to shine a special light to see it, shouldn't be a problem
my poor gaped armed BQ though.... :(

Not everyone is created equal, sometimes you have a gaped arm lol. I'm sure they will take care of it quickly

Back