Black Panther: Which One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy both. If you're cool like me.

The standard poses that everyone keeps b****ing about are part of a "museum" line of statues that Bowen Designs fans, i.e., customers, were asking for. They wanted to see their favorite characters in regal, stoic poses; different from their previous released action poses.

That's it. It's that simple. People asked for them and people are getting them.

BD also caters to people like myself who like the classic versions of characters. I don't like Venom or Carnage or X-Force or freakfest versions of characters and generally prefer the female characters to be sexy but not over the top as some of Sideshow's sculpts tend to be. Sideshow has released some great Marvel stuff for us classic fans (PF Thor and Cap, lsb Daredevil, Cap, Thor, Thing, etc.) but so has Bowen Designs. They've put out many incredible pieces and they've been doing it longer. But if you don't think those two Panther statues look incredible then sheesh...what else can I say?

BB

P.S.
You guys don't like the original Daredevil statues from 1997 either?? WoW. I mean, WoW.

You're right. Some people like hot wings dipped in blue cheese, while others like toast with a glass of water to dip in.

And some people are blind and mistake that jar of sweet, tasty jam as a glass of water.

BB

...and some people hallucinate into thinking water is jelly.

Especially with Black Panther, who, IMO, is one of the most boring characters in the Marvel U.

Buy both. If you're cool like me.

The standard poses that everyone keeps b****ing about are part of a "museum" line of statues that Bowen Designs fans, i.e., customers, were asking for. They wanted to see their favorite characters in regal, stoic poses; different from their previous released action poses.

BD also caters to people like myself who like the classic versions of characters. I don't like Venom or Carnage or X-Force or freakfest versions of characters and generally prefer the female characters to be sexy but not over the top as some of Sideshow's sculpts tend to be. Sideshow has released some great Marvel stuff for us classic fans (PF Thor and Cap, lsb Daredevil, Cap, Thor, Thing, etc.) but so has Bowen Designs. They've put out many incredible pieces and they've been doing it longer. But if you don't think those two Panther statues look incredible then sheesh...what else can I say?

BB

P.S.
You guys don't like the original Daredevil statues from 1997 either?? WoW. I mean, WoW.

hahahaha hilarious So the "museum line" is a temporary thing and then Bowen will start making better statues? How long does the line last? And Museum line means repetitive boring poses.

Bowen's ratio of female releases to male releases is pretty crappy... plus they arent anything impressive. Emma is okay but the pose sucks and the base is generic. Atleast Black Cat is sculpted well.

Bowen just puts out more Marvel statues because its their major line... in fact its pretty much all they do. If Sideshow focused just on marvel products, I dont see how Bowen could compete.

People arent saying they dont like the original Daredevil piece... but do you really need a mini version of the statue and then a Faux Bronze version... really???

I love the Full size 97 DD statues!!!

but i Agree with Daikken.....you really don't need so many variants of a pretty simple looking "oscar type" statue

Museum = boring statue :lol

Bezzerkerr - I have the second one in your pic, and it is a beautiful statue in person. The base is fantastic on this one.

The only drawback I can see is that it seems a little smaller than usual. Not by much, but just enough to be barely noticable (it's about the same scale as BD's Hawkeye).

BB

P.S.

BB - don't bother man. These guys are on some lame "anti_bowen" kick, and there's no stopping all the tired old comments.

I think we all get that they don't like Bowen by now, but I guess they're going to cram it down our thraots a bit more until they find something else to _____ about :rolleyes

Black Panther is not my favorite character, but i need him to work towards completing my AVENGERS DISPLAY :)

I think i'm gonna go for the 2nd one, action pose.

thanks guys.

Oh O Spaghetti O. We're up to hot wings, blue cheese, toast, jar of sweet, tasty jam and a glass of water now? Man, good thing I tried to stay current....another sec and I'll be lost for sure!!! :rolleyes:

And the Bowen vs Sideshow saga continues!! Someone is bound to loose!!! :medic

BB - don't bother man. These guys are on some lame "anti_bowen" kick, and there's no stopping all the tired old comments.

I think we all get that they don't like Bowen by now, but I guess they're going to cram it down our thraots a bit more until they find something else to _____ about :rolleyes

jeez dont get so defensive Randy, I mean Reefer.

jeez dont get so defensive Randy, I mean Reefer.

Let me guess, here comes the usual "he must work for Bowen" comments? :monkey5

:lol Seriously - nothing personal dude, it's just stupid hobby sht anyways. You can be a Sideshow fanboy to the tenth degree for all I care. :lol

..but you gotta admit, what I said before is true though... right? :whip :rotfl

Let me guess, here comes the usual "he must work for Bowen" comments? :monkey5

:lol Seriously - nothing personal dude, it's just stupid hobby sht anyways. You can be a Sideshow fanboy to the tenth degree for all I care. :lol

..but you gotta admit, what I said before is true though... right? :whip :rotfl

Bleh. Everytime some says something negative about a Bowen statue people automatically comeback with "So you think Sideshow is better" or "Sideshow fanatic". If a statue doesnt look good, then it doesnt look good. Plain and simple. This isnt Sideshow vs Bowen. lol

And the Randy thing was just a bad joke. :rolleyes:

:confused: I have no idea what you said.

Back