Bin Laden is dead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? The Somali mission was to take out several lieutenants to warlord Muhammed Farah Aidid -- who was the actual final target. The lieutenants were captured, but, during the raid, a couple of Black Hawks were shot down -- 18 Americans died, and several were dragged through the streets in the ensuing battle.

We withdrew from Somalia after the Battle of Mogadishu in 1995 -- and Aidid declared himself President. He died of a heart attack in 1996 after a gunfight with other warlords and Somalis in the hell-hole we left there.

How, exactly, was the job "finished" by Aidid dying of a heart attack after a gunfight with Somalis?

SnakeDoc

wasnt his son, a marine who took over him after his death? :dunno

I wonder if we'll ever witness terrorists without Islamic ties or religious and political motives. I wonder how we'd feel if it were one of our own.

it already happened. Timothy McVeigh.

Political motives? I'm pretty sure he was against the government, especially when it came to the right to bear arms.

very touchy subject. l don't think he should be charged with anything. though it was dumb, but it's just a book in the end. muslims in the middle east burn bibles and our flags all the time. it doesn't bother us, we dont go crazy and kill each other because of it. l don't think it's fair we cant return the favour (in fear of violence).

Yes, a touchy subject, no doubt.

The difference was, this wasn't just some dumb kid in first year university, trying to make some kind of naive political point and not understanding what could or would happen.

Terry Jones knew EXACTLY what would happen. In fact, he counted on it, in order to make his point - and quite frankly he did make his point. Certainly those Muslims who actually carried out the murders should be held responsible for his deeds. But whatever happened, Terry Jones was the catalyst. He was warned - by no less than the President himself - and he did it anyway.

He's just as responsible for the deaths of those UN workers in Afghanistan than those who pulled the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back