Bill & Ted Face the Music - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly spoiler-y.

Bill & Ted Face the Music writer reveals some bodacious plot details about the sequel
Source: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/01/bill-ted-face-music-writer-reveals-bodacious-plot-details-sequel/

Bill & Ted Face the Music will reunite us with Bill S. Preston Esquire (Alex Winter) and Ted Theodore
Logan (Keanu Reeves) as middle aged family men, but according to Solomon, their journey back to
the big screen has been more difficult than a game of chess with the grim reaper.

“We have been working for almost 10 years to get this thing made; Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves, Chris
Matheson, me… we have a director – Dean Parisot, who did Galaxy Quest– Steven Soderbergh is one
of our producers. We have a wonderful assembly of people.

“We have a script that we really are proud of, that we worked very hard on, that we’ve done many
iterations of – and we did it on spec, meaning we spent years working on it because we wanted to
get it right, creatively.

“This is not, ‘Hey let’s all cash-in on the Bill & Ted thing for money’ – this is the opposite. This is, ‘We
love these characters, they’ve been with us for our whole lives’ – Chris and me, and Alex and Keanu –
and we wanted to visit them again as middle-aged men. We thought it would be really fun, and
funny, and sweet.

Solomon also spoke at length about how the script would incorporate Rufus, with Bill & Ted
travelling back in time in order to interact with their young selves and George Carlin’s character using
footage from Excellent Adventure.

“There’s actually a scene – one of my favourite scenes in the whole movie – where middle-aged, 50-
year-old Bill and Ted return to the Circle K and see their teen selves and Rufus, and actually interact
with their teenage selves, played by their actual teenage selves.”

Finally, Solomon went on to discuss the frustrations in getting their script the greenlight, citing the
financiers desire for a reboot with teenage kids rather than a sequel, and the worry that because the
original was a cult hit, there really wouldn’t be the audience to justify the expenditure.

They might be right about that last point. Look at Bladerunner.

Yeah, I'm glad they aren't going with a full-on reboot though.

Did the sequel do that well? I remember getting a free Bogus Journey DVD from Pizza Hut. :lol

Finally, Solomon went on to discuss the frustrations in getting their script the greenlight, citing the
financiers desire for a reboot with teenage kids rather than a sequel, and the worry that because the
original was a cult hit, there really wouldn’t be the audience to justify the expenditure.

A reasonable concern.

I mean I'd like to see it - that sounds really cool about present day Bill & Ted interacting with their younger selves - but this will be totally dependent on a very limited set of 30-45 year olds going to see it.

I'm in. Loved the first film and still do. Like the second one OK so it'll be a fun movie with my expectations being just a "fun movie" with characters I like.

Station came out of retirement as the caretakers in Last Jedi....why not bring the whole gang back?

Pretty much feel the same way. First was brilliant. Didn't really care for the 2nd, if this goes ahead I'd definitely go and see it as it does have a outside chance of being decent! :yess:

The fact that they have the guy behind Galaxy Quest lined up to direct makes me hopeful this could be a sleeper hit.

:yess:

William Sadler’s Death to return in Bill & Ted Face the
Music

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/02/william-sadlers-death-return-bill-ted-face-music/

We’re getting more totally excellent details on a potential third Bill & Ted movie, Bill & Ted Face the Music. Following Digital Spy’s interview with original writer Ed Solomon, comes with the news that William Sadler, who played the Grim Reaper in 1991’s Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey, is “keeping [his] bony white fingers crossed” for a third outing.

Sadler, who stole the sequel with his parody of Ingmar Bergman’s classic The Seventh Seal, as he played Battleships with Bill (Alex Winter) and Ted (Keanu Reeves), replied to Ed Solomon’s endorsement of the Digital Spy article with the following tweet

William Sadler said:
The world could totally use some #BillandTed right now. I’m keeping my bony white #fingerscrossed.

Solomon responded by confirming that Death was indeed a part of the script they’d written.

Ed Solomon said:
Bill CRUSHED it as Death. And we laughed a lot writing him in BT3 - so let’s hope it’s something that happens

Back