Bill Hinzman, #1 Romero Zombie: R.I.P.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bill Hinzman, the graveyard zombie that "was coming to get you, Barbara" in the first Night of the Living Dead has died. He was 75. After a long battle with cancer, he has found rest. :monkey2

This is terrible news! He was such an incredibly nice man who gave so freaking much to his fans. I can't believe it. Every convention I've ever seen him at he's always been dressed up as the Cemetery Ghoul, full of energy and amazing stories and always a highlight. You could tell he LOVED being a part of NOTLD and its legacy. This is truly heartbreaking. He will certainly be missed.

This is terrible news! He was such an incredibly nice man who gave so freaking much to his fans. I can't believe it. Every convention I've ever seen him at he's always been dressed up as the Cemetery Ghoul, full of energy and amazing stories and always a highlight. You could tell he LOVED being a part of NOTLD and its legacy. This is truly heartbreaking. He will certainly be missed.

:exactly: ^This. Met Bill quite a few times at local conventions over the years. It will almost feel strange not seeing him as part of the circuit anymore. RIP Bill.

I picked up the 1:6 figure from Amok Time a few years back, great figure of an iconic character that will be remembered forever.

Back