Big Sideshow shipment lost in FedEx fire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCLasse

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got a call from FedEx, telling me that mine and many more packet were lost in a big fire in the FedEx storage recently

FedEx informs me that the case is between FedEx and Sideshow and they asked me to take contact to Sideshow to get a new one shipped as a replacement whitout charge !

Exceiting to see what happens in this case

in storage? wouldnt it have been in transit if it was with FedEx on the way to you?

I'm glad Sideshow's default is UPS right now :lol

That really does suck though! For everyone involved. Sideshow has to send you a new item, FedEx probably has to replace it(cost, or insured, or whatever), and you got to wait longer!

What was it may I ask? Maybe it survived? The exclusive Fed Ex burnt edition? :lol

They probably have their systems set up to ship via whatever's cheapest at the moment. That means for most people, you're probably going to always get it from the same company; The companies charge based on how far you are from the hubs, and the distance from the local store/location to your house. For some people where both locations are nearby, it may fluctuate day by day what's cheaper. That's crazy though, can't imagine losing a package that way!

3 out of 4 packet were lost in the fire forever !!!!
Mine were the powerloader diorama

this I found on the web :

PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 20 (UPI) -- About 100 packages have been damaged in a pre-Christmas fire at a Portland, Ore., FedEx distribution center, officials say.

Portland Fire Department spokesman Lt. Damon Simmons said the blaze broke out at 7:23 p.m. Saturday and was dampened by sprinklers until firefighters could arrive, The (Portland) Oregonian reported.

Allison Sobczak, a FedEx Ground spokeswoman, told the newspaper that firefighters were able to save packages from damage by rolling pallets out of harm's way, but added three were damaged by fire and about 100 more were doused with water.

She said the fire appeared to be electrical in origin, and indicated FedEx officials would repackage the affected items and send them on their way Monday

This is why I switched to ups. Ship via fed ex, and chances ate your stuff will catch on fire. :lol

Back