BIG news regarding end of LotR Animaquette line!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atreyu2112

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Yeah, I know - not SS related, but we all love maquettes here for the most part & I need help...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the line is either canceled or there *might* be only 1 more character released in the LotR Animaquette line (if we are VERY lucky). A decision weather or not this character will be released is said to be posted by the end of November. No word as to which character it is, but the prototype HAS been made. If they decide not to release it, then the Twilight Ringwraith will have been the last release. I got this news from calling GG's customer service line direct & first hand.

I for one am VERY PISSED OFF! :banghead

I was hoping to at least get the entire Fellowship before the line was ^^^^^-canned. And now I have to hope that the last character will be released at all. Being that they just released a villan, I am assuming the next piece would be a hero. Strider/Aragorn? Boromir? A 4-Hobbit diorama?

1. Do you want this line to end?

2. If there is only one more piece, who do you want it to be?

Sound off and spread the word! I want that last Animaquette damnit!!! Lets let GG know how we feel & show your support for the line now or forever hold your peace. We've only got a few more weeks to help get that last Animaquette made. Should we get a petition going?

HELP!

Yeah, I know - not SS related, but we all love maquettes here for the most part & I need help...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the line is either canceled or there *might* be only 1 more character released in the LotR Animaquette line (if we are VERY lucky). A decision weather or not this character will be released is said to be posted by the end of November. No word as to which character it is, but the prototype HAS been made. If they decide not to release it, then the Twilight Ringwraith will have been the last release. I got this news from calling GG's customer service line direct & first hand.

I for one am VERY PISSED OFF! :banghead

I was hoping to at least get the entire Fellowship before the line was ^^^^^-canned. And now I have to hope that the last character will be released at all. Being that they just released a villan, I am assuming the next piece would be a hero. Strider/Aragorn? Boromir? A 4-Hobbit diorama?

1. Do you want this line to end?

2. If there is only one more piece, who do you want it to be?

Sound off and spread the word! I want that last Animaquette damnit!!! Lets let GG know how we feel & show your support for the line now or forever hold your peace. We've only got a few more weeks to help get that last Animaquette made. Should we get a petition going?

HELP!

I don't collect these, but I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully you sounded off by emailing them. Though some don't think it helps, it really does because it lets them know there's still an interest in it. Try posting the email link on here for people who collect them to sound off. Good luck and I hope they decide to continue it or at least give you one more.

This line wasn't that bad just not worth the price tag many times IMHO. The ones I have I only do because they were dirt cheap on eBay. If one more were to be made I would say it'd have to be an Aragorn piece at least....

Bummer! I don't collect these, but I do collect the Star Wars line. Wonder how those are doing?

Wow - even if it was Aragorn... no one would want to see it? Gimli & Legolas the only ones you liked Mesa? You didn't like the Ringwraith? That piece was truely amazing!

I have posted this news in several forums I frequent. I have sent an email through their website & called them. I'll probably leave a message on their MySpace page too.

It's been SO long since they've even announced a new piece (which was the Twilight Ringwraith, announced last year but just released) that people have completely forgotten about them. The Star Wars Maquette line is not too far behind this one. Only 2 new maquettes announced in a whole year with them (the new CW series doesn't count).

Gentle Giant Ltd.
7511 N. San Fernando Road
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 504-3555
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/

Anyone in their CS dept. can help.

Since they made the Ringwraith on Steedi, including a "watery" exclusive, how about Arwen on Asfaloth with Frodo?

Wow - even if it was Aragorn... no one would want to see it? Gimli & Legolas the only ones you liked Mesa? You didn't like the Ringwraith? That piece was truely amazing!

I have posted this news in several forums I frequent. I have sent an email through their website & called them. I'll probably leave a message on their MySpace page too.

It's been SO long since they've even announced a new piece (which was the Twilight Ringwraith, announced last year but just released) that people have completely forgotten about them. The Star Wars Maquette line is not too far behind this one. Only 2 new maquettes announced in a whole year with them (the new CW series doesn't count).

Gentle Giant Ltd.
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 504-3555
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/

Anyone in their CS dept. can help.

I cancelled my ringwraith on order. I just couldn't justify it with the dying line and depleting space. and I was scared of breakage. I still have yet to see pics of the ringwraith.

I really like the look of this line, but I don't own any. Even at discount prices, they seemed a tad expensive, and the writing is obviously on the wall with regard to the line's future. Also, given the level of detail, I can't help but wonder if they could be done in vinyl or plastic for much less.

Can't say I'm suprised. I wonder if the busts are dead as well?

I got out of GG awhile back...

This is indeed sad news.

When G.G. spoke in their Q&A in the summer, it sounded as though the plan was for the LOTR stuff to go direct through GG online and focus more on 'core' characters. To cancel before that happens is a true tragedy.

Just thinking about how many characters would look so great in the animated form makes me sad that we'll never see them (orcs, Lurtz, Boromir, Faramir, Eowyn, King Theoden, Ranger Arwyn on horseback, GTW on Shadowfax, Aragorn on horseback at the black gates, SAURON!...)

My guess for the last piece is Aragorn, which would be GREAT IMO. I really want Aragorn as a companion piece for Gimli/Legolas. Although I don't know how they can't do a Frodo/Sam combo either? I mean an animated character line with NO hobbits???

We at least need 2 more releases before it's dunzo - Aragorn and Frodo/Sam.

Gave up on GG over a year ago frustrated with their customer service and especially their behavior at conventions. Made the move to Sideshow and have never looked back.

:emperor

I don't understand why people GG, because they make exclusives?

Partially, but more the formula in which they release those exclusives - it certainly seems like a nice stick in the eye of the collector!

Oh and constant re-hashes.

The only GG piece I own is the kneeling Vader, it is a nice one.

GG is still might release that last maquette, no decision has been made yet & the prototype is ready! Lets persuade them to get it out to us...

If you are a fan & want them to release it, please let them know ASAP by e-mail, phone or grab that question card that came with your maq's (it's in the bag with the COA) and mail it to them stating that you love the line and would at least like to buy that last piece.

I have done this because I really want that last piece. So fans, please help me & show support for the line & do the same if you dig!

Gentle Giant Ltd.
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 504-3555
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/help/contactUs

GG is still might release that last maquette, no decision has been made yet & the prototype is ready! Lets persuade them to get it out to us...

If you are a fan & want them to release it, please let them know ASAP by e-mail, phone or grab that question card that came with your maq's (it's in the bag with the COA) and mail it to them stating that you love the line and would at least like to buy that last piece.

I have done this because I really want that last piece. So fans, please help me & show support for the line & do the same if you dig!

Gentle Giant Ltd.
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 504-3555
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/help/contactUs

Thanks atreyu2112, I just wrote in:

I just read online that the LORD OF THE RINGS Animaquette line has been cancelled and that there is at least one prototype left and ready to be released, possibly in November. I just want to put my .02¢ in as a collector of the Star Wars, Pirates and LOTR maquettes.

These have been some of my favorite items to collect in the last few years and I was sad to see the Pirates line end before we got Tia Dalma and a few of the other key characters. Now I'm especially sad to see the LOTR animaquette line end as these were some of my favorite of them all.

I really hope to see an ARAGORN and a FRODO/SAMWISE set before the line ends. They are ESSENTIAL characters. Whatever that final product might be, I'll gladly get it, even if it's through GG direct like the Barbossa and Will Turner maquettes.

Thank you.

Back