Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I feel pretty comfortable saying after both video reviews (and a photo from bonds ) that the level of suck of these big chief bond figures is indeed high. But I can’t call myself disappointed. By disappointment begun and never left the second that I heard they got the license. So at this point I’m pretty much like “meh”.

Oversized sculpts odd bodies and bad tailoring and bad paint all for the price of much more than your average decent figure.

Enjoy freaks...

Its still many times less then a custom, unfortunately it is also many time less rare and many times more inferior. I should have the fig in hand tonight, so I will hopefully put a few pics up of Mr Bond in his shrunk suit.
I fear if I put the head on a smaller body, to compensate for the suit then he will turn into Mr Bobblehead not Mr Bond.

Yea, When I get my Bond and Goldfinger, I will try a coulson body
Or a slim body but I fear the head will be huge..

Why can’t the Production suits be larger?
Arggh ..

Just got my Bond, no pix though as I'm in the midst of the post-chemo tiredness/wretchedness stage. He's a quality piece - great sculpt & detailing... and the suit is great; it's not too small at all and I don't think any ironing is required... though the shirt collar might need tweaking a bit. Buttons are a v.dark grey not black. Headsculpt looks the right size, definitely not a balloon or a pinhead. Kudos to BCS for really upping their game on this fellow.
Beware when unpacking as the heel on his shoe might fall off (it's meant to, there's a homing beacon in there, but it can get caught on the protective plastic wrappings)... love the scuff paint finish on his soles. And that light up stand almost makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Just got my Bond, no pix though as I'm in the midst of the post-chemo tiredness/wretchedness stage. He's a quality piece - great sculpt & detailing... and the suit is great; it's not too small at all and I don't think any ironing is required... though the shirt collar might need tweaking a bit. Buttons are a v.dark grey not black. Headsculpt looks the right size, definitely not a balloon or a pinhead. Kudos to BCS for really upping their game on this fellow.
Beware when unpacking as the heel on his shoe might fall off (it's meant to, there's a homing beacon in there, but it can get caught on the protective plastic wrappings)... love the scuff paint finish on his soles. And that light up stand almost makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

You just rekindled my excitement, cant wait to get out of work.

I've been where you are now, and so I know how much it saps from you, and what it puts you and your body through, but you'll get through it. So just wanted to say stay strong, and give you my best wishes.

Oh, and thanks for the review. ;)

And he appears to be a Brit! And the buttons are dark grey. And the soles of the shoes are painted with scuffs.

I know, that all sounds excellent. I'm very happy with the Optibotimus reviews but that bright light can often change colors and bring out dust and fibers you wouldn't otherwise notice.

Here's a picture of the futzed figures:

IMG_3407.jpg

Well I feel pretty comfortable saying after both video reviews (and a photo from bonds ) that the level of suck of these big chief bond figures is indeed high. But I can’t call myself disappointed. By disappointment begun and never left the second that I heard they got the license. So at this point I’m pretty much like “meh”.

Oversized sculpts odd bodies and bad tailoring and bad paint all for the price of much more than your average decent figure.

Enjoy freaks...

Remind me to **** on the next figure you're hyped for.

Bond looks like the weakest of the three.

I thought it will be much worse.
To bad i cant buy all 3.
Bond is Bond so he is only option for me. Maybe later i will get other 2 if they will be around somewhere.
Must admit its better then i thought it will be.

I don't have them yet. I receive mine on the 19th.

The pants in that picture seem to be the biggest issue on all three but I suspect its that crotch-stand that's unfutzed the pants.

Back