Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of suck everyone paid months and months in advance
and these figures are still not out

Dumb question but what is the point of paying so early
in advance when these figures are still available a few
months later?

Arggh ...

Kind of suck everyone paid months and months in advance
and these figures are still not out

Dumb question but what is the point of paying so early
in advance when these figures are still available a few
months later?

Arggh ...

It’s a gamble, if you’re anticipating that the figure will quickly sell out and run the risk of a limited run, or having to wait for a further run like with some HT Star Wars figures. Then again, I’ve scrambled for figures that became peg warmers at Sideshow.

For the BCS Bonds, had I known they’d be available at many US retailers (I’ve never gotten any BCS figures before), I wouldn’t have ordered my Connery directly from BCS, but would have gotten it from BBTS; since I live in California, tax-wise it's better for me to get it from BBTS, because they price reasonably, they have a low, flat-rate shipping cost and you pay only when it's ready to ship.

Last edited:
I think they’ll strategically put it up for pre-order before Christmas...

moonraker_christmas.jpg

"Very novel, Q. Must get them in the stores for Christmas." :007

They really ought to deliver what they've already taken money for before they offer anything else. I don't like their Bond offerings so far but I keep watching them in case they make something I really want. However, I would feel silly paying for something on pre-order from them when the track record shows such epic lead times.

YOLT was not the best ever Bond movie but the first I ever saw , RIP Karin Dor whom I met in Lon 2 yrs ago :(

Just got this in my inbox this morning:

Dear customer,

We know that a number of you have been anxiously awaiting an update on your pre-ordered BIG Chief figures.

Communication is key to customer trust, loyalty and continued support. Quite honestly we have fallen short in that department and for that we would like to apologise.

There are a number of questions that we have received repeatedly from customers, for which answers are well overdue. So we would like to take the opportunity to provide you with answers to some these questions.

Q. Where are the overdue figures?

Delays to product shipments are frustrating for everyone, including ourselves. No one wants to release products more than we do. Rest assured they are all very much in production, at various stages of the manufacturing process.

We have requested photographs of the various stages of production in a bid to keep customers informed and will be posting these via our social media platforms shortly.

Q. Why such a lengthy delay for certain figures?

On the advice of our factories we approved the complete re-tooling of our standard male body. This is the body that most of our figures have utilised. The original tooling had proven problematic with inconsistent results that had caused loose joints on a number of figures and a small but unacceptable amount of breakages. Re-tooling an entire body is a costly endeavour, and it of course takes additional time. However, it was the right decision and will ultimately result in far better quality products for the future.

In addition to the re-tooled male body, we also approved the re-tooling of parts of the female body. As with the male body, these improvements will result in far improved products.

Whilst the tooling has progressed, we have been working hard to establish new worldwide distribution partners, to both extend our market reach and to generate the much needed retail sales. Retail support had proven very slow, especially whilst Doctor Who was off our screens for a year, but is increasing steadily as excitement for Jodie Whitaker’s Doctor builds.

Engineering issues aside the autograph plaques that were signed by Jenna Coleman for the Clara Oswald figure, were unfortunately lost in transit to us and as such we have had to organise the signing to take place again. No small task when working around an actor’s busy schedule.

Q. So when will they be released?

We are working very hard with the factory to release the figures as quickly as possible.

Estimated release dates are as follows:

James Bond (Goldfinger)
Auric Goldfinger
Oddjob
- Mid December 2017

Clara Oswald Series 7B
- End February - Mid March 2018

Rose Tyler Series 4
The War Doctor The Day of the Doctor

Sherlock Holmes (The Abominable Bride)
Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride)

Scott Tracy (International Rescue)
Virgil Tracy (International Rescue)
- End February 2018

10th Doctor Series 4
- Mid March 2018

8th Doctor
- Mid May 2018

Captain Scarlet
- Mid May 2018

We endeavour to bring you your products without further delay. Please note that dates are estimated, based on the schedule as advised by our vendors. We will provide further updates and production imagery soon.

We really do appreciate your continued support and understand your frustration at the delays. By way of apology for those figures which are the most delayed we shall be including a FREE bonus gift with your figures when they ship. These FREE gifts are as follows:

Clara Oswald Series 7B - The Roar of the Stars (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Rose Tyler Series 4 - The Turn of the Universe (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
The War Doctor The Day of the Doctor - Set of 4 Art Cards by Alice X.Zhang

Sherlock Holmes (The Abominable Bride) - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride) - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Sherlock Holmes & Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride) Numbered Pairs - - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print & Set of 4 Art Cards by Alice X.Zhang

Kindly accept our apologies for the delays, but please know that we have been making improvements that will result in higher quality products. We feel sure you will be very happy with the finished products in your collections.

Thanks
BCS

It's ******** they're releasing the Bond figures before their female Doctor Who companions whom people paid for long before them announcing their Bond license.

I don't mind delays. Love this series. They'll be ready when they're ready. Hope they make Necros, Sanchez and Dario for the Dalton waves.

Delay it for a year for all I care. Who's in a rush for figures from a movie from 1964?

On the account that the delays mean nothing but the best possible result in product. Because expectation is high. This initial wave sets the precedent of the health of the line for the future.

Can't have any dropped balls...

Just got this in my inbox this morning:

Dear customer,

We know that a number of you have been anxiously awaiting an update on your pre-ordered BIG Chief figures.

Communication is key to customer trust, loyalty and continued support. Quite honestly we have fallen short in that department and for that we would like to apologise.

There are a number of questions that we have received repeatedly from customers, for which answers are well overdue. So we would like to take the opportunity to provide you with answers to some these questions.

Q. Where are the overdue figures?

Delays to product shipments are frustrating for everyone, including ourselves. No one wants to release products more than we do. Rest assured they are all very much in production, at various stages of the manufacturing process.

We have requested photographs of the various stages of production in a bid to keep customers informed and will be posting these via our social media platforms shortly.

Q. Why such a lengthy delay for certain figures?

On the advice of our factories we approved the complete re-tooling of our standard male body. This is the body that most of our figures have utilised. The original tooling had proven problematic with inconsistent results that had caused loose joints on a number of figures and a small but unacceptable amount of breakages. Re-tooling an entire body is a costly endeavour, and it of course takes additional time. However, it was the right decision and will ultimately result in far better quality products for the future.

In addition to the re-tooled male body, we also approved the re-tooling of parts of the female body. As with the male body, these improvements will result in far improved products.

Whilst the tooling has progressed, we have been working hard to establish new worldwide distribution partners, to both extend our market reach and to generate the much needed retail sales. Retail support had proven very slow, especially whilst Doctor Who was off our screens for a year, but is increasing steadily as excitement for Jodie Whitaker’s Doctor builds.

Engineering issues aside the autograph plaques that were signed by Jenna Coleman for the Clara Oswald figure, were unfortunately lost in transit to us and as such we have had to organise the signing to take place again. No small task when working around an actor’s busy schedule.

Q. So when will they be released?

We are working very hard with the factory to release the figures as quickly as possible.

Estimated release dates are as follows:

James Bond (Goldfinger)
Auric Goldfinger
Oddjob
- Mid December 2017

Clara Oswald Series 7B

Rose Tyler Series 4
The War Doctor The Day of the Doctor

Sherlock Holmes (The Abominable Bride)
Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride)

Scott Tracy (International Rescue)
Virgil Tracy (International Rescue)
- End February 2018

10th Doctor Series 4
- Mid March 2018

8th Doctor
- Mid May 2018

Captain Scarlet
- Mid May 2018

We endeavour to bring you your products without further delay. Please note that dates are estimated, based on the schedule as advised by our vendors. We will provide further updates and production imagery soon.

We really do appreciate your continued support and understand your frustration at the delays. By way of apology for those figures which are the most delayed we shall be including a FREE bonus gift with your figures when they ship. These FREE gifts are as follows:

Clara Oswald Series 7B - The Roar of the Stars (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Rose Tyler Series 4 - The Turn of the Universe (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
The War Doctor The Day of the Doctor - Set of 4 Art Cards by Alice X.Zhang

Sherlock Holmes (The Abominable Bride) - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride) - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print by Alice X.Zhang
Sherlock Holmes & Dr. John Watson (The Abominable Bride) Numbered Pairs - - Ghosts (Gift Edition) Art Print & Set of 4 Art Cards by Alice X.Zhang

Kindly accept our apologies for the delays, but please know that we have been making improvements that will result in higher quality products. We feel sure you will be very happy with the finished products in your collections.

Thanks
BCS

'Retail support had proven very slow...'

'Rest assured they are very much in production...'

Those are the lines that I'd read between.

It's ******** they're releasing the Bond figures before their female Doctor Who companions whom people paid for long before them announcing their Bond license.

They said they'd send you a free dollie.

Glad to see Bond might make it before year's end. Perhaps a requirement of the deal was getting them out before 2018.

Back