Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Made of 6 0f 7 pre-payments, want to save the last for when this is ready to ship -- anyone know release sked?

Hope they fix the securing shoulder strap which in what little of what can be seen in this picture, appear to be black, it should be medium/dark green. Apart from that, this is looking GREAT, the headsculpt from this angle seem to have captured the Roger Moore look almost perfectly, hope to see a front face picture to see if the rest is as good. .wich I think will be!!

That looks good, L&LD is my second favourite Moore film. TSWLM is my favourite.

Hmmmmm.... that made me think. TSWLM is definitely my fav Moore. But I thought LALD was likely number 3 or 4... but now recounting the Moore movies, I realize LALD is actually my 2nd fav Moore Bond movie too.

Not sure what one I was thinking was better. Must be that I prefer Scaramanga and Max Zorin over Kananga as villains that got me confused.

Two reasons why LALD rocks...

Madeline-Smith-as-Miss-Caruso-and-Roger-Moore-as-James-Bond-in-a-scene-from-the-James-Bond-movie-Live-and-Let-die-1973.jpg

right now I have some initial excitment in seeing a new Moore, I can overlook the cartoony sideshow esque sculpt. Decent likeness thus far though..

I think already is time to show more of Moore.No, Greggo?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

With a decent suit,that will make a great Simon Templar too.Very nice so far!

Hmmmmm.... that made me think. TSWLM is definitely my fav Moore. But I thought LALD was likely number 3 or 4... but now recounting the Moore movies, I realize LALD is actually my 2nd fav Moore Bond movie too.

Not sure what one I was thinking was better. Must be that I prefer Scaramanga and Max Zorin over Kananga as villains that got me confused.

TSWLM is easily number one for me too but I would rate LALD at #6 out of the 7 Roger Bonds. FYEO is my #2 for sure.

From this one pic, I agree, the sculpt looks quite good but I just can't get excited about that turtle neck outfit.

TSWLM is easily number one for me too but I would rate LALD at #6 out of the 7 Roger Bonds. FYEO is my #2 for sure.

From this one pic, I agree, the sculpt looks quite good but I just can't get excited about that turtle neck outfit.

I assume #7 is Octopussy. If not, we have a problem. :)

I also hate Moonraker for various reasons... the main one being that it was the movie that truly made Bond a spoof and a joke more than an action/adventure. It had begun with hints as early as DAF... and certainly TSWLM had plenty of Jaws laughs... but Moonraker, perhaps a Bond I was looking forward to more than any other, really took a nose dive right from the opening sequence. Nearly every sequence was played for laughs or ended in a punch line...or both.

That said, Octopussy is even worse. Bond as a clown and in a Monkey suit simply says it all.

I also hate Moonraker for various reasons... the main one being that it was the movie that truly made Bond a spoof and a joke more than an action/adventure. It had begun with hints as early as DAF... and certainly TSWLM had plenty of Jaws laughs... but Moonraker, perhaps a Bond I was looking forward to more than any other, really took a nose dive right from the opening sequence. Nearly every sequence was played for laughs or ended in a punch line...or both.

That said, Octopussy is even worse. Bond as a clown and in a Monkey suit simply says it all.

I love Moonraker but all the jokes needed editing out as well as the Gondola chase (you could easily cut it out). I love the world it creates though. I recommend the novelisation by Christopher Wood, easily the best non Fleming Bond book (really captures his style).

Octopussy is cool because it's just such a bizarre mix - the India sequences and the Cold War thriller. I once had dinner st the exact same table by the swimming pool in Udaipur where Bond had dinner :)

I'm having a short term love affair with Moonraker at the moment, which includes my 1/6th world :love As a little kid, the TV broadcasts of the Connery Bonds really appealed to me with the big WOW factor, esp. Goldfinger that had us buzzing about it in the schoolyard the next day about the cool Aston Martin. Then, The Spy Who Loved Me became my first Bond in the theater and with the submarine car, I definitely knew that the movie was talking to me directly. A couple of Corgi cars later, when I watched Moonraker when I was 12, I could have sworn that this thing was the essence of all things Bond as I came to know it, as if I were watching was all the best parts of the Bond movies rolled up into one! Well, go figure, in hindsight we know that they had 12-year olds in mind with these movies!

I'm having a short term love affair with Moonraker at the moment, which includes my 1/6th world :love As a little kid, the TV broadcasts of the Connery Bonds really appealed to me with the big WOW factor, esp. Goldfinger that had us buzzing about it in the schoolyard the next day about the cool Aston Martin. Then, The Spy Who Loved Me became my first Bond in the theater and with the submarine car, I definitely knew that the movie was talking to me directly. A couple of Corgi cars later, when I watched Moonraker when I was 12, I could have sworn that this thing was the essence of all things Bond as I came to know it, as if I were watching was all the best parts of the Bond movies rolled up into one! Well, go figure, in hindsight we know that they had 12-year olds in mind with these movies!

Yes! I was 10 and I thought Moonraker was just the most awesome thing ever. Space stations! Drax! Escaping from boats in a hanglider! All the things that make no sense now made perfect sense then.

When Goldfinger sets was supposed to be ready to ship to us? In October?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

BCS has the estimated ship date set for September to November. I hope that we see this next month as I've finally finished the payments on my set, but it probably won't ship until at least October. The excitement is killing me! :lol

Back