Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bond deserves better. I hope EON doesn’t see how badly the license was fumbled and not give it out again.

The Bond figures themselves have sold extremely well so I’m sure EON would be happy to licence again, but perhaps pay more attention to quality, maybe with another company.

This is all very odd because I bought the Moore figure as a Christmas gift and it looked fantastic. So weird they mucked Connery up so much.

Big Chief are so shady. They still have the discount and K9 incentives for the Definitive Series Doctors up, which were supposed to close in December.
The definitive series are over priced and they can't sell them. It doesn't help matters when they've obviously cut corners from proto to production on the new Bond figure.

Again, with all the talk about the Bond license being available, there is still no word from BCS on the next Bond figure set. Someone said that BCS has refuted the idea that they lost the license. I'm interpreting that as "if no one else picks it up, we'll still have it"...

Dalton was teased so long ago as the next figure up. Why hasn't BCS continued to market that figure now that Dr No has released?

This old brochure looks to have teased a couple of Dalton Bonds as the next in the series...

fb_img_1509433069014fdjve.jpg

Outside of my recent experience with BCS telling me the exclusive accessories for Bond are no longer available, i’d like to add that i’m a big fan of the BCS Bond figures that i currently have (Bond & Goldfinger + LALD Bond) with Dr No Bond and Dr No on preorder. I will agree that the Goldfinger Bond may not be the most up to date figure on the shelf quality, but the presentation with the packaging, plus accessories with the replacement head look pretty good! Especially when you mess with the suit a little bit.. Plus, I don’t think we will ever get a better Auric Goldfinger figure.. Also, I don’t think there’s any debate that LALD Bond is an awesome figure! I haven’t seen the DID version in hand but in photo comparisons, the BCS version is wayy better! Outside of this group, the reviews for Dr No Bond seem to be pretty good. I’m still looking forward to receiving my set.. although without the coat & hat..

Outside of my recent experience with BCS telling me the exclusive accessories for Bond are no longer available, i’d like to add that i’m a big fan of the BCS Bond figures that i currently have (Bond & Goldfinger + LALD Bond) with Dr No Bond and Dr No on preorder. I will agree that the Goldfinger Bond may not be the most up to date figure on the shelf quality, but the presentation with the packaging, plus accessories with the replacement head look pretty good! Especially when you mess with the suit a little bit.. Plus, I don’t think we will ever get a better Auric Goldfinger figure.. Also, I don’t think there’s any debate that LALD Bond is an awesome figure! I haven’t seen the DID version in hand but in photo comparisons, the BCS version is wayy better! Outside of this group, the reviews for Dr No Bond seem to be pretty good. I’m still looking forward to receiving my set.. although without the coat & hat..
They might put them up for sale again as an accessory pack.

View attachment 573182

View attachment 573183

Just opened. Tell me if you see what I see.
I see natural light really bringing out how cheap that head looks. Getting rid of the highlight in the eye, making the eyebrows more refined and applying a hint of colour in his cheeks would work wonders. The likeness is fair but paint application poor and comparable to a £15 one you'd find on eBay, possibly worse. These heads really deserve better paint, some folk have worked magic on them and yet these factories churn them out looking like odd caricatures. I swear BCS are getting ripped off by them.

I just couldn't possibly wish to pay up to 250 smackers for this, when considering what else is on the market at such a price bracket. It really doesn't wow me and for that money, I'm sorry but, it just needs to be better.

Is it worse than it looks? As in, it looks very faint in that pic. The iris of the eyes aren't painted great either.
It is faint to be fair but it’s definitely there, the tip of his nose is glossy. Anyway, I haven’t the energy to argue or return it and you can’t see it when he’s on the shelf so I’ll live with it. The suit is worse in all honesty!

It is faint to be fair but it’s definitely there, the tip of his nose is glossy. Anyway, I haven’t the energy to argue or return it and you can’t see it when he’s on the shelf so I’ll live with it. The suit is worse in all honesty!
Here’s another low quality pic. I haven’t had a chance to futz him at all and don’t think I’ll be able to do anything to make that suit better but I have to say that I do think the sculpt is great (if not the paint) and it’s definitely better than the really cartoonish Goldfinger one that I had and sold. I sold it for about €150 a few years ago and they’re going for 5 times that now!
70E104F9-5BD6-4ADD-998B-2D6C856721EC.jpeg

If you bought from BCS or Sideshow you should be able to get a replacement sculpt.

It's not the greatest, that's for sure. For whatever reason, I get the feeling that the Dr No figures came from a different factory and got delayed. Meanwhile, another factory was able to get the LALD figures, Who figures and Flash Gordon figures out and that may explain why they're better by comparison. It makes some kind of sense to me....

It's looks as if the Dr NO figs were rushed out too quickly. Maybe they had no choice due to factory time availability, hence the change of materials they used on the tux.
Part of me feels a little sorry for them as it must be a nightmare to schedule and organise things over the past few years due to the continuing lock downs.

Back