Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess BCS believes that their retailers can create more problems for them than their customer base. And I guess their customer base for Bond is so small that they feel they can do that without much blowback... after two years of waiting.

Glad I didn't pre-order from them. Unlikely I ever will now.

Last edited:
I preordered day 1.
Just checked my order. No tracking number, so it has not been sent out yet.

BCS might ship stock direct from the manufacturer to retail sites whereas individual orders are warehoused and shipped from the UK.

Not everything is malicious, people.

I’m waiting on reviews to decide if I want to order the Live and Let Die Bond or not. Like the look but haven’t bought anything from Big Chief so don’t know exactly what to expect in terms of quality.

I’m waiting on reviews to decide if I want to order the Live and Let Die Bond or not. Like the look but haven’t bought anything from Big Chief so don’t know exactly what to expect in terms of quality.

That's the exact same problem people face that have ordered from Big Chief multiple times.

Same here. Even though I've never been a particularly huge fan of Moore's movies, I still love his Bond and this is a pretty badass look for him. But I want to see a few reviews first before ordering, as their last release of the Eighth Doctor looked a bit cheap to me.

Something is wrong with that headsculpt and I can't figure it out

Super wrong. BUT we have not seen a good picture to effectively judge yet. But to me it looks elongated from the prototype.

I was going to get a second head to repaint anyways but allow me to ****ing complain that I’ll know soon what it’s like in person but not because I was a day 1 Pre-Order, no, and it’s not like I have my tracking info when a full day of this week has elapsed , yet retailers have gotten them and had enough time to part them out already. I’ll know what it’s like because I got the head parted out.

I should be among the first to get it, like the others who preordered and supported the line, unboxing they full figure in all its glory.

If the figures kick ass I’ll forgive this, but big chief you really know how to repeatedly kick your customer base in the balls don’t you?

Hi Raymond, that is what I was thinking, his head is longated, I think his nose is a bit too bulbous aswell, infact the more I look at it the more issues I find with it, but like you said we need in hand photos, can't wait till you get your headsculpt, I did not bother pre ordering due to issues I had with BCS and their Goldfinger set.

Same here. Even though I've never been a particularly huge fan of Moore's movies, I still love his Bond and this is a pretty badass look for him. But I want to see a few reviews first before ordering, as their last release of the Eighth Doctor looked a bit cheap to me.
Funny I’m actually the same with Moore. I like him, but he probably isn’t my favorite Bond. I like this look though. Simple but unique.

Moore is far from my favorite Bond (though I still like him a lot) but he’s undoubtably one of the most important Bonds and I’m happy to see him getting an awesome line even though doing the spy who loved me seems like a far more logical choice.

Super wrong. BUT we have not seen a good picture to effectively judge yet. But to me it looks elongated from the prototype.

I was going to get a second head to repaint anyways but allow me to ****ing complain that I?ll know soon what it?s like in person but not because I was a day 1 Pre-Order, no, and it?s not like I have my tracking info when a full day of this week has elapsed , yet retailers have gotten them and had enough time to part them out already. I?ll know what it?s like because I got the head parted out.

I should be among the first to get it, like the others who preordered and supported the line, unboxing they full figure in all its glory.

If the figures kick ass I?ll forgive this, but big chief you really know how to repeatedly kick your customer base in the balls don?t you?

Despite what anyone might think we have zero control over the weather. We have endured two weekends of back to back storms that have caused serious flooding, destruction and loss of life, and disruption to shipping lanes. We originally expected the stock to arrive in port on 20th February, because of the storms this date has shifted to 5th March. We advised this in our email update.

Regarding Sideshow having their stock ahead of ourselves, it takes 4 to 5 weeks door to door from China to the US and 6 weeks to the UK, with the additional time added for bad weather, there was nothing we could do. And an embargo on expensive high end product is not going to fly when companies have cash flow tied up in stock.

We certainly don?t deliberately set out to upset anyone.

Thanks
BCS

I hope we will get Bond, Safin, Nomi and Paloma from No Time to Die. Beside Bond they could become iconic characters.

Despite what anyone might think we have zero control over the weather. We have endured two weekends of back to back storms that have caused serious flooding, destruction and loss of life, and disruption to shipping lanes. We originally expected the stock to arrive in port on 20th February, because of the storms this date has shifted to 5th March. We advised this in our email update.

Regarding Sideshow having their stock ahead of ourselves, it takes 4 to 5 weeks door to door from China to the US and 6 weeks to the UK, with the additional time added for bad weather, there was nothing we could do. And an embargo on expensive high end product is not going to fly when companies have cash flow tied up in stock.

We certainly don?t deliberately set out to upset anyone.

Thanks
BCS

BCS,

Fist and foremost, you guys gets a lot of credit for directly communicating openly with its customers/hard-core fans. A lot of the other companies could learn something here, and what you guys do is appreciated.

There are a lot of complexities in doing business in China, and you guys had a major bump in the road regarding the LALD line delays. Anyone who does business understands, we dont want things like this to happen, but that is life.

It is not really my business, and you probably will not even read this, but I think just like with the Tom Baker second smiling sculpt that you guys did for the original 4th the Doctor figure, because you wanted your customer base to be happy, I would like to suggest the following:

All of the people that did the pre-order, that have been waiting two years, and I am not one of them, please see the photo below, I just bought this figure off of eBay, they should get some form of special accessory or something, even if it does not come for a year, they have put their money up along time ago, and they deserve something. Even if it is a Yaphet Kotto painted sculpt that I can put on the body of their choice, whatever it may be, or perhaps a second outfit for Bond, for the white dress for Solitaire, of course the suit for Roger Moore Bond would be the best choice.

I think what matters most at this point, is that people see deliveries in a reasonable timeframe, and you guys are making a lot of great stuff, but lets be honest, the two items that people are anticipating the most, are the DR. NO Sean Connery Bond, and the Definitive Tom Baker 4th Doctor, if you can get those out on time, if not even a couple of weeks early, I believe that would set the right tone moving forward, and it would be greatly appreciated by all of your hard core customers.

Thanks either way for reading this.

d48ba6202ce3bdf7419c1472b20f6553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back