Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder when we'll see Dr No Bond hit launch pad.

Big Chief is supposedly having a big sale Friday so I may pick up Goldfinger for the right price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just ordered Goldfinger for $165 plus shipping from BCS. Odd job is same price if anyone is looking.

Sad to see the 1st wave of figures marked
down close to 50% off now . For the original
preorder die hard buyers, it sure isn’t comforting
to see this could again happen if we buy the new
RM Bonds and then see the figures blown out in
the future though

Shocking... positively shocking.

I have to agree with the above comments: my motivation to get LALD at full retail is gone. If Goldfinger a year later is selling at half price then LALD certainly should be selling for even less in half the time.

I wonder if BCS sold the first run for closer to $165 that they are now if the line would have faired better? I have a feeling it might have... but I guess we'll see if they can get rid of these Goldfingers even at half price.

Wouldn't it suck if they still couldn't unload their stock and we see bargain bin prices at Xmas for like $80 each or two for $150?

Even with the discount paying $220 shipped for the Goldfinger Bond doesn't strike me as a steal.

I am also in doubt even with discount. Hope he is worth the money because i really want Bond in collection.
What is the man without Bond? Nothing...

Had the gold finger bond. Just not quality enough for what they are asking. I sold mine.

Shocking... positively shocking.

I have to agree with the above comments: my motivation to get LALD at full retail is gone. If Goldfinger a year later is selling at half price then LALD certainly should be selling for even less in half the time.

I wonder if BCS sold the first run for closer to $165 that they are now if the line would have faired better? I have a feeling it might have... but I guess we'll see if they can get rid of these Goldfingers even at half price.

Wouldn't it suck if they still couldn't unload their stock and we see bargain bin prices at Xmas for like $80 each or two for $150?
I think it's fair to say if these had been priced at $165 or even $200 they apild have sold out by now. The nose rub issue didn't help either though. However they did come through in the long run.

Also, if you look at the site now, it tells you how many Bonds, Goldfinger, etc figures they have left.

I am also in doubt even with discount. Hope he is worth the money because i really want Bond in collection.
What is the man without Bond? Nothing...
I really like my Bond figure. The paint work on the sculpt could be better (some say the replacement sculpt is painted better) and the suit could be better fitted, but the presentation, box and accessories are top notch. When you open the box, it feels different than a hot toys figure, and I love hot toys.

For me, I would have paid even $300 for each
“ If “ they turned out to be even halfway decent

The drop off from prototype to the produced figure
was significant. The clothing on Bond was not
much better than the $40 SS Bond and that didn’t
help with the paint rub and the “ newly designed”
body

The first wave release was sadly a disappointment and
Now add to the fact they are blowing them out
makes even the die hard fan wait.

I guess “ Live and Let Die” will be the final
straw that breaks.... hope that is not the case
though

Still waiting for LALD set. And I get the feeling I’ll be waiting at least into the summer months, if not Christmas.
As for the GF set, I like them on display. They all look good.
In hand, they feel light and cheap (par for the course with BCS figures) but I only handle them when moving the displays around or switching parts, or changing the poses.
It’s unfair to say the costuming compares with the old SS figures.
The costuming Bond is a little stiff, with my only concern being the glued on buttons, which unfortunately can fall off. I’ve had one disappear off waste coat and one from the side of the trousers - but I did find replacement buttons in the box in a little bag.

Back