Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

At these prices, 700 units for each character exclusive is a lot to sell.

How quickly (or not) these sell through will be very telling about the popularity and staying power of the old Connery Bond. And about future edition sizes for less popular Bond movies/villains.

My guess would be that Connery (exclusive) will sell out at some point. Of the remaining two, Oddjob is the better figure so I expect him to sell better than Goldfinger... however, there's never been a Frobe Goldfinger 1/6th figure for sale ever before.

But like Owl said, there should be plenty around for a long time if you don't care about the exclusives. And the highest sell-out risk -- Connery -- has the most easily replaceable exclusive. Goldfinger's hat on the other hand, you will never ever find... I know, I've been looking for years.

Thx The Owl

I never bought from BCS in the past but a few friends I know bought their
Sherlock lineup and tell me the Production figure look quite different from the initial
Protype.

Hope The Bond lineup will live up to the fans expectation

Hope The Bond lineup will live up to the fans expectation

We all do. I think BCS wants it to also. This is a huge (and difficult) license to get that reaches far outside the UK. You don't want to drop the ball here.

Anytime, Ymba. :)

I must admit that I'm getting a little discouraged from pre-ordering these. I've been trying for quite some time to get in my pre-order, but keep running into the same error. I also tried submitting a support ticket, but despite sending the ticket in it doesn't come up in my recent ticket tab and I don't even know if BCS has received it. At this point, I'm debating about whether I should send in another ticket or not. I hope that my issues will sort themselves out by tomorrow as I do really want these.

So do those of us in the US won't end up paying the 100 pounds in taxes on the three pack? I'm totally lost on these European taxes.

U.S buyers pay the tax excluded price so the figures would be £524.98 for the three pack instead of £629.97. :)

It's actually cheaper for people outside of the EU to buy these figures which is is quite odd indeed.

I am sure everything will work out TheOwl

I am just wondering if the in hand pics will
be the same as the Prototype. If the in hand
Pics are as good, these guys will rock

But if they come out completely differently
In clothes and headsculpt, then all the Bond
Fans are going to be disappointed

U.S buyers pay the tax excluded price so the figures would be £524.98 for the three pack instead of £629.97. :)

It's actually cheaper for people outside of the EU to buy these figures which is is quite odd indeed.

That is odd... just like their payment system. I can't seem to get it to work for me. Ugh. Might be the payment plan. I may just have to pay in full to get it to work.

I'm guessing there isn't a huge rush to get the first editions? Obviously I don't want to take too long, but a few days should suffice?

EDIT: Now I can't seem to order the set because I previously 'ordered' the set and 'cancelled' it when the payment wouldn't go thru. :lol Guess I'll have to wait to hear back from them now.

Last edited:

EDIT: Now I can't seem to order the set because I previously 'ordered' the set and 'cancelled' it when the payment wouldn't go thru. :lol Guess I'll have to wait to hear back from them now.

Welcome to the club Buttmunch! :duff

Don't worry I'm hopeful that customer service will get back to the both of us pretty quickly. :lol

Guys, how to make automatical payments for payment plan?Or, if I choosed 7 payments in 10th of each month, it will be charged automaticaly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yes, once you have set up the monthly payment, it is done automatically. You will get an e-mail notification each time it is paid.

You'd think after so many years now they'd have the basics of pre-ordering via the website working well and running smoothly. Every time something like this happens I can't help but wonder how many customers they've lost from new people who either gave up in frustration, or else were otherwise discouraged because it felt a bit too unreliable or dodgy. BCS really don't do themselves any favours sometimes. *sigh*

Yes, once you have set up the monthly payment, it is done automatically. You will get an e-mail notification each time it is paid.

Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The payment plan is just their version of Sideshow's flexpay. Pick a date and the money is taken automatically by Worldpay. It's against the law for U.K. vendors to hold credit card info so they have to have a third party (Workdpay are part of the Royal Bank of Scotland) who is authorised to do it for them.

I ordered Bond only and it all seemed to go through fine. I hope everyone who had issues gets them sorted quickly.

Oh, man. These look amazing! How have Big Chief's final products been recently?

Do the First Editions usually sell out instantly? I won't have the funds to place until next week.

That's what happened to me. You can only order one of each of the First Edition figures and the website thinks my 'cancelled' order ('cancelled' because I couldn't get WorldPay to work) is my one First Edition order even though I didn't actually buy them. That's why it kicks me to the homepage when I try to place another order. I submitted a support ticket.

I paid via PayPal just hit. The PayPal symbol next to the other payment options

I didn't see a PayPal symbol anywhere on the checkout page or the WorldPay page. Did you do full payment? I presume that PayPal is not an option for the payment plan.

It was already suggested to contact your bank as it may them be blocking it, but here's something that also once happened to me: Due to an installed pop-up blocker I did not see my credit card asking for an extra security number to continue. There was no sign otherwise, it just didn't work. I tried to order three times and ended up with three orders, of which two were cancelled thankfully.

So make sure you have the pop-up blocker turned off and any credit card security code ready.

Yeah, I'll probably have to contact my bank, although I've purchased from other UK websites without having a problem. And I do have pop-up and script blockers, but I disabled all of them ahead of time. I got to a Verified by VISA page during checkout and that verification should have signaled my bank that I was authorizing the charge, so I'm not sure what happened there. And even if it does authorize payment for the deposit, would subsequent payments for a payment plan get declined without forewarning the bank every time?

BCS needs to get their **** in order. Their biggest release to date and they botch it.

From their FB:

James Bond Goldfinger Pre-order Discount Issues

Our web team have been through all of the processing orders and there are a number of orders, mainly those customers who have paid in full, for which the discount was not deducted. When checked it seems that the problem was caused by WorldPay timing out due to the heavy traffic and the discount not being applied. We have a list of these orders for which refunds of the discount amount will be applied from Monday. Similarly due to the timing out, some customers will not have received a confirmation email. This is also being rectified.

Thanks for your patience.

BCS

James Bond Goldfinger Pre-order Discount Issues

Our web team have been through all of the processing orders and there are a number of orders, mainly those customers who have paid in full, for which the discount was not deducted. When checked it seems that the problem was caused by WorldPay timing out due to the heavy traffic and the discount not being applied. We have a list of these orders for which refunds of the discount amount will be applied from Monday. Similarly due to the timing out, some customers will not have received a confirmation email. This is also being rectified.

Thanks for your patience.

BCS

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I hate WorldPay. I have bought a lot of figures from BCS and WorldPay has (in early times) been difficult. But I know my way around it now so I haven't had a problem... But then the collecting world didn't all login to buy the War Doctor either so my experience is probably not like some of yours.

And even if it does authorize payment for the deposit, would subsequent payments for a payment plan get declined without forewarning the bank every time?
If you have cleared it once it should be fine for the monthly payments I think. I never had any issues with those. I take it this is the first time you are ordering from Big Chief? It's just a new name for your bank so they are careful. I had that with ordering Kirk and Spock from a page I never had used before. My bank actually asked if I do trust them.

Back