Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest glaring thing there is he has the body of a teenage girl( and a tux to fit it) . I always said that body was massively off in prooportoon.

Yeah Connery was a big guy with broad shoulders, cmon BCS stop messing up the basics. :gah:

The GF Bond was a decent effort. Ruined by a sub standard body and weak paint app. It seems like history is repeating itself, this company never seems to learn from its mistakes.

1AA62779-8811-4418-96FB-1E4755BC4D10.jpg

Seems like a lot of people grabbed the Goldfinger figures once they were getting blown out at $150 or less ( I don't even want to think about the $93 sale)... if BCS could get their price point down around $160-$180 (like ThreeZero and Asmus) then perhaps these would fair better in terms of sales and expectation.

That said, it is an ancient license and only us oldies really care to have characters from the 60's on our shelves. Perhaps there's not a large enough base to support a lower cost. Perhaps its only the most die-hard fan who will buy these. And that doesn't bode well for the price.

Well said!! Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't the Dr. No figures still planned for BCS's Launch Pad program? I thought they were and so there's no guarantee that they will be produced if the minimum number of pre-orders (whatever that is) isn't reached.

An old IP with fewer interested collectors--a number of whom are irritated about BCS's production quality and accuracy to source material--means that these may not be produced, yes? Or did I miss something?

Sadly, I do agree most Bond fan these days
are not into SC, RM Bonds.

Daniel Craig is where the new generation is st.

If SC DRNO will most likely be only purchased
by the older fans, then the line might not sell too well

I think the bigger issue is the suits are all tailored
to BC “ new body” which will not do well
for The figure( see Goldfinger as an example)

The GF Bond suit was not a pretty sight
when the production figures finally made
It to the collectors hand

Aren't the Dr. No figures still planned for BCS's Launch Pad program? I thought they were and so there's no guarantee that they will be produced if the minimum number of pre-orders (whatever that is) isn't reached.

An old IP with fewer interested collectors--a number of whom are irritated about BCS's production quality and accuracy to source material--means that these may not be produced, yes? Or did I miss something?

Good point. Sean Connery or no, I wonder just how low they would need to make the target this time in order to go forward, considering collectors are probably even more wary about BCS's Bond figures now than about their Doctor Who figures.

If the DRNO Bond prototype is an indication of the best it
will ever look, I am afraid the end product might
be even less desirable.

I will probably still end up buying all the figures
but for sure I am not paying full retail this time

The Dr No sculpt has a wonderful hint of arrogance in the expression. Bond's expression is rather bland.

Yes, Dr. No looks great! I might pick him up without Bond. I could at least have a Goldfinger vs Dr. No display from that old Goldeneye game (not the classic N64 one) :lol

Back