Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I have just been contacted by Daron Woodward's wife Sharon. Apparently Daron suffered a massive heart attack last night and sadly passed away. Daron was a true gent and a great friend of BIG Chief. Our thoughts are with Sharon and her family, even more so at this time of year. Rest in peace Daron, you will be missed.
The BIG Chief Team

OMG I am so sorry to hear this. Much sympathy to Daron's family. Awful at any time but at this time of year, so sad. RIP!

My sincere condolences to Daron's wife, family and friends. x

RIP Daron.

I have just been contacted by Daron Woodward's wife Sharon. Apparently Daron suffered a massive heart attack last night and sadly passed away. Daron was a true gent and a great friend of BIG Chief. Our thoughts are with Sharon and her family, even more so at this time of year. Rest in peace Daron, you will be missed.
The BIG Chief Team

Oh no! My deepest sympathies for all those who loved and knew him. I always enjoyed interacting with him on here. He did seem like a nice guy, and I really liked the way he carried himself here.

Thank you for letting us know.

The BIG Chief Team

Wow... I am just gutted.

Daron and I had a few disagreements in the past but we were able to iron them away. Daron was a great guy with a kind heart and a passionate love for all things related to WHO. My deepest condolences to his wife and family. I will echo what BCT said: "Rest in peace Daron, you will be missed."

Indeed you will be missed.

That's terrible! Condolences to his family.

Man, if that doesn't put things into perspective for you, nothing will.

<<<Please, no offence intended, condensed purely for space >>>>

What a thing it is to find and have a person like that in your life. Thanks for sharing such a personal story.

I realize now that I had a brief but very pleasant interaction
with DGT Woodward right here in this thread on page 96, as quoted
above.

He was ultra polite and kind. I wish I could have gotten to
really know him better. Now, that chance is gone and I am
sad when I think on this.

Losing a loved one suddenly- or in any other fashion- is
horrible. They do not make words that can even come close
to describing how it feels, as anyone who has suffered
through such a loss will tell you.

He must have touched many lives with his kindness
and caring.

My thoughts are with his wife, family, and friends.

Im so saddened to hear this.:( I didn't know him well but I had a few great conversations with him in threads and PM. DGT Woodward was a super nice guy. My thoughts & prayers are with his family.:(

I just heard about this, so I came back specifically to say how truly and honestly sorry I was to hear about his loss.

We had a disagreement quite recently, it got a bit heated, as sometimes tends to happen between those passionate about a subject, but who differ on the details, but despite anything I may have said at the time, I meant him no ill will, and I am truly saddened by his loss. He was a fellow fan, a fellow collector, and someone who wore his passions on his sleeve, which I always respected, and whether we agreed over something or not, the board, and I suspect the world at large, is a lesser place for his loss.

I feel shamed that some of his final time on this earth was spent in pointless argument with me. It may take two to tango, but I regret my part in it deeply, and suspect that had the opportunity arisen, all would have been forgiven and moved past in the fullness of time by us both. We passionate fans and collectors may butt heads occasionally, but few of us hold on to petty grudges, some times we just need to take a step back and simmer down a little. So I stepped away for a while, but I never dreamed that would be our final encounter, particularly after so many fun and interesting conversations in the past.

My sincerest condolences to his wife, his friends, and his family.

Make sure you don't beat yourself up over it, Parrot. Things happen and in no way should you feel guilty or ashamed about anything.

Be nice if we could send some flowers,in the shape of the Tardis,to his funeral,from all at the Freaks board.

I just heard about this, so I came back specifically to say how truly and honestly sorry I was to hear about his loss.

We had a disagreement quite recently, it got a bit heated, as sometimes tends to happen between those passionate about a subject, but who differ on the details, but despite anything I may have said at the time, I meant him no ill will, and I am truly saddened by his loss. He was a fellow fan, a fellow collector, and someone who wore his passions on his sleeve, which I always respected, and whether we agreed over something or not, the board, and I suspect the world at large, is a lesser place for his loss.

I feel shamed that some of his final time on this earth was spent in pointless argument with me. It may take two to tango, but I regret my part in it deeply, and suspect that had the opportunity arisen, all would have been forgiven and moved past in the fullness of time by us both. We passionate fans and collectors may butt heads occasionally, but few of us hold on to petty grudges, some times we just need to take a step back and simmer down a little. So I stepped away for a while, but I never dreamed that would be our final encounter, particularly after so many fun and interesting conversations in the past.

My sincerest condolences to his wife, his friends, and his family.

Parrot, you had no way of knowing that DGT Woodward would die when he did. There was unresolved conflict between the two of you. Death happens. You can't let this eat you up, trust me, I know.

People argue online every day. It's a fact of life. That this
is all done with the other person living far away makes it easier to engage in arguments. I work at not saying something to someone online that I would not say in
person.

My partner of 17 years, George, died almost 16 years ago.

I had said some really stupid things to him just 10 days before he had the accident that killed him. I had planned
to apologize and explain myself to him the very night that he died at dinner, but he died at around 5 pm, January 31, 1998, before we could have that meal together.

I never got to say those things to him.

I felt horrible for a time, but then, it did get better.

I only feel bad once in a great while now about this.

I'm told this is normal.

I know I will see him again, and I am very certain that he'll
tell me it's okay, there is no apology needed.

You've got to tell yourself that it is okay.

You're human. Things like this happen a lot more than you
realize.

DGT would NOT want you to feel badly, nor would he wish
for you to continue tormenting yourself.

I'm sure he is not angry at you now.

So, do something to make yourself feel better:

See a movie with friends. The new Hobbit movie is
awesome!

Go out to dinner, clean your living quarters if it needs to be
done, start a creative project, talk with a friend, read a good
book - anything to break the hold that the negative feelings
have on you.

Do anything constructive that you can think of, okay?

You will feel better in time. Time does help things, you know?
:)

Last edited:

Parrot, we have all said things in these threads. We all have opinions and this was a good place to express them. Daron did the same thing. This is why we sometimes (often?) had disagreements on here. I got the impression that he was not the sort of chap to let it get to him, though. He didn't seem to take any of it personally and probably had the most upbeat, optimistic outlook of all of us. Whilst I can undestand your feeling of regret, that sort of interaction is normal stuff on here and nothing to feel bad about. Really.

And if someone is organising flowers, I would be very happy to contribute.

Regenerated my Tom over to the Hot Toys Slim body. Not much of a difference visually but the advantage is there is much better articulation, sturdier and not floppy, especially in the ankle joints which are nice and tight. The BCS shoes popped nicely into the Hot Toys ball joints. Also removed the wire from the scarf so it hangs more naturally.

11483556774_c24527c184_b.jpg

Standard. Cheers. :duff:

The BIG Chief Team

That's horrible! I'm so sorry for everyone who knew him. You have my condolences.

Back