Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK after reading posts I am not the only one that got the wrong figure, I also got the 10th Doctor instead of the 4th which I have been waiting on for over a year and a half. Their chat is inop right now so I guess I have to wait till Monday to contact them. This amazes me since I have ordered a figure for my sister and there were no problems.

The answer i got were a total joke. First i was sent a return label not working here in belgium. Then i had to try for 1h to get back in the chat. Once done they apparently couldn't find my order or account, saying that i had none. All of that because i send them my email with no upper case as the first letter (upper or lower case don't matter as the first letter of an email adress), and when i send it again with the upper letter (by mistake) the all of a sudden find my account. But 5min latter they lost it again, and said the order was under an other account, and then back to "we can't find your account/order" and then to "we'll update the label but it will take several days" wtf ??

Paypal will solve this way faster than these idiots
That's kind of crazy. Hope you get it solved. I paid with a card and no idea how disputes work on that. I'll give them a week to sort out

Bad luck with what? The company has been going long enough now to get things right and improve. No one was expecting these re-issues to look amazing.
But for 200+ Euro these look inferior to the originals, and are more like cheap KO copies that a third party company would churn out on eBay.

Their warehouse in China wouldn’t produce their figures until they’d completed bigger orders made after BCS’s because of the small numbers, hence the major delays in the newer figures ( not including the ones Zavvi produced and handled which got made RELATIVELY quickly by comparison.) They’ve since found a new one and the production started up again which they’re slowly making their way through.

Then of course there’s the dreaded Covid. Obviously that applies to everyone but other bigger companies have been able to produce their stuff quicker due to order numbers and owning warehouses. Even EXO-6 has their own place for Star Trek figures. Sadly not the case for BCS.

I’d send the latest ones back if I were really unhappy. Not worth being that dissatisfied for cost.

I feel like I’m some BCS apologist! Believe me I’m pissed about waiting for so long (I haven’t had a single order fulfilled since 2019 apart from, again, Zavvi’s 4 and 12.) It’s hugely frustrating. They will refund anything if requested though (best to do so on their site) so I suppose it’s up to us to wait even with blue balls, or give up.

Last edited:
DSC_0018.JPG

lmao...i wrote zavvi with a picture of the shipper box and figure box. I get this in response:

Thank you for getting in touch about Big Chief Studios Doctor Who 4th Doctor Collector's Edition. I do not see the wrong item in your picture, Could you send a picture of the figurine?

Did the same person who responded ship the item as well? lol

Their warehouse in China wouldn’t produce their figures until they’d completed bigger orders made after BCS’s because of the small numbers, hence the major delays in the newer figures ( not including the ones Zavvi produced and handled which got made RELATIVELY quickly by comparison.) They’ve since found a new one and the production started up again which they’re slowly making their way through.

Then of course there’s the dreaded Covid. Obviously that applies to everyone but other bigger companies have been able to produce their stuff quicker due to order numbers and owning warehouses. Even EXO-6 has their own place for Star Trek figures. Sadly not the case for BCS.

I’d send the latest ones back if I were really unhappy. Not worth being that dissatisfied for cost.

I feel like I’m some BCS apologist! Believe me I’m pissed about waiting for so long (I haven’t had a single order fulfilled since 2019 apart from, again, Zavvi’s 4 and 12.) It’s hugely frustrating. They will refund anything if requested though (best to do so on their site) so I suppose it’s up to us to wait even with blue balls, or give up.
I can put up with delays etc., but there are no excuses for the bad QC that continues to blight their figures. Their last few Bond figures were ladened with issues, and now this mess with Zavvi, who under the BCS license have produced substandard figures that are worse than the originals from nearly a decade ago. Christ they can't even send out the right figure to people.

I want BCS to succeed more than anyone, as i'd like to complete my line-up of classic Drs. But if they continue to stink the house out with poor product and shading dealings, it doesn't bode well for future releases.

lmao...i wrote zavvi with a picture of the shipper box and figure box. I get this in response:

Thank you for getting in touch about Big Chief Studios Doctor Who 4th Doctor Collector's Edition. I do not see the wrong item in your picture, Could you send a picture of the figurine?

Did the same person who responded ship the item as well? lol
Whoever is working in their warehouse must have either reading difficulties, or is smoking some kind of exotic tobacco.

Seriouslly though i hope you can get things sorted.

Haha, yeah. I was like really? You can't tell the difference? I will say this, though, they do at least try to respond quickly. At least their US branch does. Now watch them say we can't accept returns because I opened the box to show them the figure

The 7B Eleventh is a figure I always find myself coming back to, as it’s one of my favorite designs but I’ve never been happy with what BCS gave us. Since Popcultcha has the HT Newt for a little over $100 shipped, I decided to try it out for the body, shirt, and hands. Turned out pretty well in my opinion! The original pants didn’t really fit on the new body, so I ended up using the Newt pants, they remind me of the trousers 11th wore in some of his final episodes.
BAFF3DC4-612B-4B7E-958C-87C479346EF5.jpeg

EDB9E22C-96BC-4A2C-9CA4-83855001533B.jpeg

I can already tell this zavvi return is going to be a nightmare. They want me to return to the warehouse so they can see in person. They send me a link to fill out a form for the return and it only has an option for paying to ship to poland(wtf?)

Yes irs gonna be a real hassle. I just got a answer asking me to send picture of the item. So i send them the picture of the box again, i'm not officially opening it until they explicitly told me to, you never know with them. But what you was told already differ from their first answer to me since they only needed proof of shipping before sending another one back. Its crazy we'r gonna lose time and wait weeks because they cant recognize their own figures.

Well Zavvi got back to me both on facebook and on their website. With 2 different anwser. One telling me the same thing as before, my return label is still processing . And the other that they will send me a replacement immediatly, without having to return the one i got. Will see what is true.

Well Zavvi got back to me both on facebook and on their website. With 2 different anwser. One telling me the same thing as before, my return label is still processing . And the other that they will send me a replacement immediatly, without having to return the one i got. Will see what is true.
Which was the one that said they'd send you a replacement?

+1 Ordered the 4th doctor a year and a half ago and just received the 10th. Their warehouse and shipping dept must be run by drunk monkeys.

Already contacted them and sent them the picture of the 10th Doctor box with the shipping label. Let’s see if the return goes well or if I’ll have to file a claim with my cc company.

This people are a nightmare when you have any issue, I’ve had my share already and this may be the last order with them.

Which was the one that said they'd send you a replacement?
On their website. I used the request on my order. They said it will be done immediatly but i've still havent receive any confirmation. Its too good to be true to get a replacement without sending anything back to be honest so i wait.

Ok, this is bizarre on how they handle returns. Now they tell me this when I told them I didn't want to pay to ship to poland:

Thanks for getting in touch about your order.
Please note that you will need to pay for shipping to send this back to us until we have received this back in our warehouse and you will be reimbursed for the shipping fee. With that being said please keep the Return Tracking Number and Proof Of Postage.
Please return this to the below address:
RETURNS DEPARTMENT
1350 Cedar Grove Road
Shepherdsville Kentucky

Are any of you with returns in the US also? I will say that their US people do follow up super fast

How can they all respond with completly different solution each time ? I haven't got the same answer twice and all were different than yours. They're bonkers. Like i predicted its going to be a knightmare to deal with. I'll be very suprised if they send me anything like they said, and i'll count myself very lucky.

Jesus. This is REALLY bad. Really sorry for you guys in the situation.

I’m pissed off BCS suddenly added signed versions of the figures after I’d bought them. Not a massive deal for me as I got the signed definitive 4th which I’ll get by the time just before my funeral but it’s really unfair for others.

I haven’t looked if they’re still available but I did contact them via their site and they said they’d send signed plagues for an extra £50. They can shove that. I’ll wait for the definitive.

I do get the impression they’re REALLY struggling, especially seeing them move into the 7 inch action figure market. They better not go bust and I lose out on the stuff I’ve ordered. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Oh, and those getting the wrong figures from Zavvi should also contact BCS and really kick up a massive fuss. Especially if you have other stuff on order. They might send you a replacement without hassle.

Back