Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

There definitely seems to have been a jump in quality with the upcoming 3rd and 4th Doctors, so I'm hopeful that will carry over to these new versions of 9 thru 12.

As for these rereleases, I'll probably end up ordering the 4th since I missed out before and never cared much for his burgundy outfit. The sculpt is a bit underwhelming but I've seen repaints in here that make it look much better, so I can always give that a try.

Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I will be getting series 10 Capaldi and the reissue of Eccleston for sure! I hope the redo Hartnell as well.

As for these rereleases, I'll probably end up ordering the 4th since I missed out before and never cared much for his burgundy outfit. The sculpt is a bit underwhelming but I've seen repaints in here that make it look much better, so I can always give that a try.

I'm a bit torn now. This re-issue definitely has the outfit I most remember Tom wearing but I already have the burgundy version on pre-order (and fully paid for). Payoffs going on at work, if I still have a job at the end of this month I may order this as a celebration - I hope they make the headsculpts interchangeable...

As someone who got the originals repainted to great effect, the re-issues don't interest me, personally.

I'm definitely in for the definitive edition Ninth Doctor, and if they all come with two sculpts then hopefully they nail both expressions so I can replace the head on the first release too. Also in for series 10 Twelfth Doctor. Ten in brown pinstripe I might get (I'd definitely get him if he had the space suit), and if he comes with two sculpts and they are both good then I might use one to finally put together the pj's and dressing gown Tenth Doctor. Another series 5 Eleventh Doctor doesn't much interest me at this point, though.

A definitive edition Hartnell with a switch out David Bradley (and/or Richard Hurndall) head would get my cash, too.

I hope the new 9th Doctor sculpt is sold separately for those of us who bought the first release.

I can't see that happening, personally, it would undermine sales of the new release too much.

Regardless, it's not like we'll see most of these for years anyway, I'd imagine. What with the current backlog, and all the other releases announced but not yet put up for order, like the Second, Fifth and Seventh Doctors, the Brigadier, Cybermen and Daleks.

It's probably a miss print but Zavvi have these new editions down for a July 2021 release date which would mean BCS must have found a load of old stock hiding somewhere in the basement.
Still great to see these getting another run for those who missed out before or are just new to the hobby.

Will be interesting to see if the head sculpts have new and better paint apps as i might be tempted to pick up another Tom...

And i'm really looking forward to seeing the season 10 definitive Capaldi:)

Yeah July seems awfully quick for BCS. That combined with the lower price makes me wonder about what the quality may be like on these...

I just hope the Tom Baker has better head paint and a darker jacket. I know the jacket was burgundy, and looked brown on TV but what I got was a bright red that doesn't look right.

Also, please no 5 o'clock shadow on him. Tom Baker didn't have that.

Yeah July seems awfully quick for BCS. That combined with the lower price makes me wonder about what the quality may be like on these...

Fast cash grab to support the Definitive Collection coming soon...

Since they said this is a chance for new collectors to get the previous figures, that means no change or improved paint. If you liked the old figures, here's your chance to get them. But BCS already warned you that better versions are on the way.

Last edited:

And another update. This time also announcing new versions of the 9, 10, 11 and 12th Doctors!! A Capaldi with the big hair!! :thud:

:yess: Not sure if I'll be getting all the new definitive versions announced, but they can definitely count me in for the Capaldi one! :rock

I just hope the Tom Baker has better head paint and a darker jacket. I know the jacket was burgundy, and looked brown on TV but what I got was a bright red that doesn't look right.

Also, please no 5 o'clock shadow on him. Tom Baker didn't have that.

And don't forget the narrow, squished in head. I asked BCS if this release would have the same issue, but I'm not really expecting a response.

Would be nice if that 4th doc re-release got a better coat(right color and not made of cardboard lol) and scarf

I'd buy Ecclestion with a genuine leather jacket. It will be too big like the Toys McCoy Indiana Jones one, but I'll still think it's cool.

Wait, wait, wait.. WTF?!? Is this a wind up? - They are re-releasing some of the old ones again?! [emoji33][emoji2962][emoji33]

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Correct. The 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th are getting rereleases with less accessories, while new "deluxe" additions of 9, 10, 11, and 12 are also coming out. Until yesterday, only 10 and 11 had been announced.

It says Series 5 11th Doctor... but wasn't the old figure Season 5 also?

I do hope they do a Definitive 4th Doctor...

Well Smith did wear a few different styles of tweed jacket, so maybe they'll try one without the plaid lines over top? Of course they didn't really get the look or color of the jacket right anyway, so I'd be perfectly fine with a redo of the first figure.

Doctor-Who_Matt-Smith-change-1publicity_Image-credit-BBC.jpg

I do hope they get him right this time.

I would like to have a Tom Baker (for my past) and a Matt Smith (for my present) on the shelf... and a good Davros.

The re-issues will have a new paint job, so they should look better now :)

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Back