Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

c4bb9a0544ed14340234b829c498cbc8.plist

Is that official product or custom? If so amazing work! If not, amazing work!

Some of the Big Chief promo photos look a bit strange, like Sideshow of a few years back and definitely not Hot Toys level. Skin tone is definitely off. I haven't been keeping up lately. How have the newer pieces been in hand? Worth those higher prices? Can they be had for sale prices anywhere? I've pretty much given up on ebay as a possible source for 4th Doctor. Prices are steep!

Is that official product or custom? If so amazing work! If not, amazing work!

Some of the Big Chief promo photos look a bit strange, like Sideshow of a few years back and definitely not Hot Toys level. Skin tone is definitely off. I haven't been keeping up lately. How have the newer pieces been in hand? Worth those higher prices? Can they be had for sale prices anywhere? I've pretty much given up on ebay as a possible source for 4th Doctor. Prices are steep!

Indeed i really dislike their promo photo for the recent doctors. They appear way too tan and weird. Hopefully there are pictures a little bit better and we saw the doctors "in hand" so we know that it will not look like this. But it could put off some new buyer i think.
The only newer piece that has been release is the 8th doctor. I have some issues with it but overall i think he is very good. We'll see if the remaining doctors were worth their higher price but from what we've seen so far i think they will. For the older release it depends if your confortable with spending the price they are worth now. 400-700? for like the 1st 4th or 12th is way too much in my opinion. You can put together a good enought custom for less than that while waiting that they release new ones. And for all the other i think you can still get them at decent price.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks very much mate. He?s a custom. Using the Big Chief head, repainted.

It’s looking good! I’m torn by offerings like this, ‘cause I have the skill and resources to make a pretty decent (non-electric) K-9... but not the time. If this is nicely detailed I’ll happily justify the purchase. It’d be so good to finally pair the Dr. with his mutt.

K-9 is a no-brainer, must-buy, iconic robot dog... and a "good" one, at that.

Here's the posting. Sounds like it might be a more pared-down release, which is why they're saying it's not a reissue. Not that anybody is really buying that. Lol

It's probably too much to hope that the Baker sculpt is going to have a better paint job this time...

gghhjj.JPG

Yeah it's not really clear from the Zavvi site. They have a long list of stuff the figure comes with, but it's not clear what counts as an "accessory."

What the hell, I bought another one. I may put my signature edition back in the box when this comes out.

And another update. This time also announcing new versions of the 9, 10, 11 and 12th Doctors!! A Capaldi with the big hair!! :thud:

gggh.JPG

It was inevitable; I look forward to a new 9-12. If they can deliver on what improvements they are making with their most recent factory samples, that'd be great. I am interested to see what they bring to the table with round 2, though. I want a Nu-Who shelf which can stand proudly next to other 1/6 products, but the reality is that those four figures won't see final release for probably 5 years.

I also wonder if these pseudo-reissues will get a better paint treatment?

The only nu-issue I would be interested in is the 4th Doctor... but I'm still a bit unsold on the sculpt.

I think I'll wait for the Definitive Collection... which sounds to be at least a year away since they are releasing these nu-issues. I can wait 5 years. Hell, that's only two HT releases away.

Back