Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Those stands look great! Nice work. Looks a lot better with the logo :)

Very nice! I like those a lot. The idea of the stands are really cool but I have never really understood light-up features on battery-run stands. I mean, is there some time when you can just leave them on? For some reason? And they also scratch really easily. I've just left the film on the newer ones.

Yeah nice work! :rock

Those stands look great! Nice work. Looks a lot better with the logo :)

Very nice! I like those a lot. The idea of the stands are really cool but I have never really understood light-up features on battery-run stands. I mean, is there some time when you can just leave them on? For some reason? And they also scratch really easily. I've just left the film on the newer ones.

Thanks:) I'm also not a fan of light-up stands. Although cool to look at (once in a blue moon) they're rather pointless at the end of the day. I think they would have looked better if they had just printed the gallifreyan text onto them along with each drs own logo. Would have been much more eye catching.

6ce3f35aa41713a135833b99eeefd161.jpg

Thanks:) I'm also not a fan of light-up stands. Although cool to look at (once in a blue moon) they're rather pointless at the end of the day. I think they would have looked better if they had just printed the gallifreyan text onto them along with each drs own logo. Would have been much more eye catching.

Yeah, I have to join the chorus on that. The stands seem to be one of those ideas that probably seemed like an interesting idea on paper for a few minutes, but when it comes to practical terms, the end result isn't worth the added cost or effort. And the light up function is, I would hazard a guess, ultimately redundant to most people. Combine that with how easily scratched the surface tends to be, and just how big and bulky they are, and they are pretty much a textbook example of how, sometimes, the clean and simple approach really is better all around (as ably demonstrated by matrix69 above). So why waste resources trying to reinvent the wheel, when the end result isn't actually in any way better?

That said, it's not a big deal to me, because I just don't bother using them to begin with, so... :)

Back