Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Right, so I dug him out to take some pictures of his foot and tried the light again. It flashed breifly, so it looks like it is a battery problem. I haven't got a (sonic) screwdriver on me at the minute so could anyone tell me what type of batteries go in this? I'll pick some up tomorrow.

And now he's back in his box. Poor Tom.

1526497_669939186362991_1073770416_n.jpg

They are CR2032 3V lithium ions. My Ten's stand came DOA so had to replace them.

Hey, great pictures everyone! I'm happy these are starting to show up everywhere. For those who have yet to see it in person; you will absolutely love old Tom!
Happy this turned out so well:clap

God, for someone who is used to getting things first because I'm so close to Sideshow - All these pics of in hand Docs are killing me.

My email issue must have caused mine to get pushed back - still no Doctors in sight...

Number 265 checking in. Only issue is the nose has some paint wear. I don't think I want to deal with an exchange. I think I'll just pretend its glare from the light. Anyway, he's awesome. The clothing is great.

Yeah, the BBP one, I think. I thought he'd look pretty good next to Tom, but wasn't sure. Just put him next to him, and he works pretty well.

That K-9 looks great with the 1:6 Doctor 4!

I have a spare K-9, but it's the one that accompanied the 8 inch
tall talking #4 that was sold around 2000 - 2001.

Kind of small for the 1:6 Doctor #4, though. Has anyone here put
the two of them together?

Almost although some cosmic force was at work at pretty much 4pm on the dot there was a knock at the door and there stood the DHL driver with my 4th Doctor, so here's a quick review out of 10 :)

Packaging: For me packaging is packaging, mostly not much to write home about it's usually collector friendly, which this is, then it goes in the loft never to be seen again but Big Chief saw fit to take a leaf from DiD's Chicago Gangster and make the box front open out to reveal a character specific back drop, the Tardis interior in this case, which is an altogether superb idea and should be immediately adopted by every company out there and gets a 10/10 from me.

Sculpt: The sculpt is Tom Baker, I don't think anyone could mistake that however it's not as good as the prototype, and does look a little like a knock off or resculpt of the real thing some of the details seem to have been lost in the production process which is a shame so for me compared to the prototype I’d go 7/10

Paint: Oops...not so good, what’s with the 5 O'clock shadow? The prototype doesn't have it, I’ve looked at 100's of pictures of Tom Bakers Dr Who online and they don't have it, so what gives, why is it there? It just not an accurate look. The rest of the paint is OK, the eyes are excellent and on the whole a decent attempt, but still that shadow 6.5/10.

Articulation: I haven't dis-robed him to look closely but all the usual joints appear to be there and are tight, he can adopt nice natural poses, not top quality but not bad either 7.5/10

Costume: The costume is excellent, nicely tailored, lays well on the figure, colours and textures are great and very accurate to the source material. There have been some who have said the coat and scarf are off colour but they look just fine to my eye. 8/10

Accessories: A decent amount of these with hands to hold them all, quality of the hands and accessories is excellent the stand is very nice and the light up feature a little bonus. 10/10

Value for money: At 1p short of £170.00 he’s not cheap, had the sculpt and paint been up to the prototypes standard I would probably have gone 8.5 to 9/10 as it stands it's a 7/10.

Overall: Despite some imperfections it's a great figure and to be honest under the right lighting the slight paint flaws can be overlooked and are not so obvious and if your a Doctor Who fan who's been waiting many years for a quality 1/6 figure of one of the most iconic Doctor's ever then the imperfections are even less noticeable, so in conclusion a figure worth getting. 8.5/10

Almost although some cosmic force was at work at pretty much 4pm on the dot there was a knock at the door and there stood the DHL driver with my 4th Doctor, so here's a quick review out of 10 :)

Packaging: For me packaging is packaging, mostly not much to write home about it's usually collector friendly, which this is, then it goes in the loft never to be seen again but Big Chief saw fit to take a leaf from DiD's Chicago Gangster and make the box front open out to reveal a character specific back drop, the Tardis interior in this case, which is an altogether superb idea and should be immediately adopted by every company out there and gets a 10/10 from me.

Sculpt: The sculpt is Tom Baker, I don't think anyone could mistake that however it's not as good as the prototype, and does look a little like a knock off or resculpt of the real thing some of the details seem to have been lost in the production process which is a shame so for me compared to the prototype I’d go 7/10

Paint: Oops...not so good, what’s with the 5 O'clock shadow? The prototype doesn't have it, I’ve looked at 100's of pictures of Tom Bakers Dr Who online and they don't have it, so what gives, why is it there? It just not an accurate look. The rest of the paint is OK, the eyes are excellent and on the whole a decent attempt, but still that shadow 6.5/10.

Articulation: I haven't dis-robed him to look closely but all the usual joints appear to be there and are tight, he can adopt nice natural poses, not top quality but not bad either 7.5/10

Costume: The costume is excellent, nicely tailored, lays well on the figure, colours and textures are great and very accurate to the source material. There have been some who have said the coat and scarf are off colour but they look just fine to my eye. 8/10

Accessories: A decent amount of these with hands to hold them all, quality of the hands and accessories is excellent the stand is very nice and the light up feature a little bonus. 10/10

Value for money: At 1p short of £170.00 he’s not cheap, had the sculpt and paint been up to the prototypes standard I would probably have gone 8.5 to 9/10 as it stands it's a 7/10.

Overall: Despite some imperfections it's a great figure and to be honest under the right lighting the slight paint flaws can be overlooked and are not so obvious and if your a Doctor Who fan who's been waiting many years for a quality 1/6 figure of one of the most iconic Doctor's ever then the imperfections are even less noticeable, so in conclusion a figure worth getting. 8.5/10

Based on the fact that I don't have mine just yet...it may change once I have my own #4 in hand...I'd say that on average, that's probably a fair review.

Last edited:

I am hoping that at least he gets sent out before the weekend...he can then travel over the weekend and maybe still arrive before 24th.

Has anyone seen anything approaching the right scale K9.

That's still available.

Back