'Beyond: Two Souls' starring Ellen Page -- from Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain devs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be great, but after that **** she said about TLOU and how she's trying to hype the game up in this video... she really comes off as very snobbish. She's Juno in every role. The game is worth the buy strictly based on Dafoe.

I didn't follow as I haven't played TLOU. What happened?

I didn't follow as I haven't played TLOU. What happened?

She was basically saying that Naught Dog ripped off her likeness, but the character model's face for Ellie was changed two years ago. So I don't know what she has to complain about.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

I'm looking forward to B2S but this has soured it for me. She's a brat.

She was basically saying that Naught Dog ripped off her likeness, but the character model's face for Ellie was changed two years ago. So I don't know what she has to complain about.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

Oh yeah? Naughty Dog basically rip-offed Nathan Fillion for Nathan Drake and he was a good sport about it. She just wants attention I guess.

Oh yeah? Naughty Dog basically rip-offed Nathan Fillion for Nathan Drake and he was a good sport about it. She just wants attention I guess.

You ought play TLOU, very enjoyable. Ellie looks more like Ashley Johnson, the actress playing her. Nothing like Page in the final game.

You ought play TLOU, very enjoyable. Ellie looks more like Ashley Johnson, the actress playing her. Nothing like Page in the final game.

I'm holding off until I can get the Survival Edition or the one with the statue. I got an offer for the Joel and Ellie edition but I don't feel that package was compelling, and it was a German edition. This game is sold out left and right where I live.

What edition did you get btw Plis?

I'm holding off until I can get the Survival Edition or the one with the statue. I got an offer for the Joel and Ellie edition but I don't feel that package was compelling, and it was a German edition. This game is sold out left and right where I live.

What edition did you get btw Plis?

I got the regular edition. If I knew I was going to enjoy it so much, I would of got the Post Pandemic edition with the statue. I regret it now...

My friend who is the QA manager at Quantic Dream said she's a really timid down to earth person and he kind of fell for her when they met. The final submission date to sony is today so they are working thier asses off tidying up small bugs. He is confident it will beat Heavy Rain in terms of gameplay and probably be the most emotional game so far. But then he would say that I guess.

My friend who is the QA manager at Quantic Dream said she's a really timid down to earth person and he kind of fell for her when they met. The final submission date to sony is today so they are working thier asses off tidying up small bugs. He is confident it will beat Heavy Rain in terms of gameplay and probably be the most emotional game so far. But then he would say that I guess.

Anybody working for QA would of course fluff it. It will be better than HR probably, but I don't know how it will stack up against TLOU. It might very well top it. I used to like Page, but not anymore.

Quantic Dream games are in a category of their own. I loved Indigo Prophecy & Heavy Rain; cannot wait for their latest production.

I just hope it isn't all about the action, the trailers hint at that to a degree. But as I said, Dafoe is big enough of a reason to get it.

I just hope it isn't all about the action, the trailers hint at that to a degree. But as I said, Dafoe is big enough of a reason to get it.

I don't think it will be about the action at all. QD games are all about emotionally attaching you to a character and then taking you on a journey with them. Their interactions with the world and how they perceive what's happening to them. For me, IP was jaw-dropping fun and had moments of "is this really happening?", but HR was a complete emotional roller coaster from start to finish (especially being a father of a little girl myself).

HR is still in my top 5 greatest games of all time. It's just that the middle eastern section in the trailer looked like it was out of COD or something. As long as it's well acted with a thought out story like HR, I'm game.

I respect Cage not doing a sequel to HR, it doesn't require one.

HR is still in my top 5 greatest games of all time. It's just that the middle eastern section in the trailer looked like it was out of COD or something. As long as it's well acted with a thought out story like HR, I'm game.

I respect Cage not doing a sequel to HR, it doesn't require one.

To be honest, I've not seen the trailer you are referring to with the COD stuff you mentioned. I'll go have a look...

To be honest, I've not seen the trailer you are referring to with the COD stuff you mentioned. I'll go have a look...

I'm guessing after she joins the CIA they send her to the middle east to take out some warlord guy. She's all painted up like Arnold in Commando.

I'm guessing after she joins the CIA they send her to the middle east to take out some warlord guy. She's all painted up like Arnold in Commando.

Just watched it. Still has that QuickTime event vibe like all previous games. I was expecting to see FPS type **** based on what you said about COD. :lol

I'm not worried.

This game has a lot of visual variety in terms of locations and the way the main character looks. My only concern is the voice acting. Face it, you could tell they were French in Heavy Rain and hope that gets fixed here.

This game has a lot of visual variety in terms of locations and the way the main character looks. My only concern is the voice acting. Face it, you could tell they were French in Heavy Rain and hope that gets fixed here.

I just find it so odd they based HR in Philadelphia, my city. It's an obscure choice, but we do get a **** load of rain yearly. My basement flooded not long ago from these heavy storms we got.

My guess would be QTE scripted, but then again, who's to say otherwise. We'll find out in October.

There will probably be scenes where control of certain elements are available, but most of it will be QTE events and basically just watching the game.

Back