**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rey was Larping in ep 7...remember her face when she put on the Rebel Pilot helmet...

Luke...Larping as a Storm trooper in epIV...ok sure you could call it a 'disguise'...I call Larping! He is afterall the child of Darth Vader...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Am I the only one that thought this was a terrible idea from the start? I've never had any illusions that Obi Wan did anything other than sit in the desert and keep a distant eye on Luke for 20 years. I never thought he left Tattooine or got into any fights or anything.
Yeah - I always thought of it as kinda a generational war thing. Like in Obi-Wans generation there had been the clone wars, then a time of relative-peace all be it under the oppressive Empire rule, a rebels were popping up and a new war was coming.

I think of how with the Vietnam war to a lot of the early recruits this was their generation's war - as they had heard their parents war-tales from WW2 and grandparents from WW1.

Look at the way in EP4 when Obi Wan muses about his name saying "Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time". He has the tone of a grandfather suddenly called by his old ww2 call sign that he hadn't used since he came home and settled down 50 years ago.

Likewise how Yoda sends himself into exile, and how by the time of Luke there's people who don't even believe in the force anymore. Logically there sort of needs to be a period without Jedi fun and games to make that work.

So I think conceptually the whole idea is awkward, but I'm prepared to give it a try cos the 10 year old inside me just likes hearing a TIE go past or a lightsaber ignite.

F606E92A-AB71-4A9D-8B11-565C40609F94.jpeg

I for one, am looking forward to this. Just about everyone I know outside this forum is, they also liked Boba and Mando…..

You guys are just grumpy.

Curious if any of you can write? If so, what are you looking for in this?

I for one, am looking forward to this. Just about everyone I know outside this forum is, they also liked Boba and Mando…..

You guys are just grumpy.

Curious if any of you can write? If so, what are you looking for in this?
Funny; because nobody I know outside of this forum enjoyed BOBF.

Watching the trailer made me really hope for one thing.

Please get a powerful score for this show. Does not have to be rips from the SW films but something that feels and sounds cinematic. Not barley audible background noise like Mando and Fett had.

These are classic SW characters. Give us some classic sounding SW music.

The Grand Inquisitor could've been awesome, instead we get fat head.
Credit to BossLogic:
View attachment 566635
.... You know, a whole whole lot of stuff can be done with makeup, and if you add in appliances you can have a whole universe's worth of "a lot." Sculpt those cheekbones, add hollowing, just..... Everything.

Disney did none of that with this guy. He AT MINIMUM needs contacts and a glow effect for the eyes, i would think someone in their first year of effects work could get that done: but nope.

I am really, really beyond tired of these shows being nerfed by Disney so as to remove even a hint of intimidation or scare factor, because Think Of The Children.

Lets face it: nowadays nine year olds are watching The Playboy Channel or perhaps Cronenberg's "The Fly" remake on 2 pm on a Saturday while mom is at work. They routinely!!!!!!!! Watch stuff that would have had child you and me referred for a psych eval because our tender souls were not ready for such exposure.

But Disney thinks some glow eyes and some cheekbone appliances are going to traumatize the kiddoes, evidently. Really.......? Gtfooh with such b.s.

I am not yet writing this show off, but i regard this level of timidity as ominous. We shall see.

EDIT: And don't get me started about Fifth Brother, if anything he looks WORSE WTF

Last edited:
Back